Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow

Agreed. Doc actually stumbled on a new wrinkle for Boston that was very successful and now he is abandoning it. Allen would be great coming off the bench. Nothing against his capabilities but AB teaming up with Rondo makes Boston an explosive team. Boston is forced to play half-court offense with Allen on the court and we all know that Boston lacks the size to play this type of game...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. Doc actually stumbled on a new wrinkle for Boston that was very successful and now he is abandoning it. Allen would be great coming off the bench. Nothing against his capabilities but AB teaming up with Rondo makes Boston an explosive team. Boston is forced to play half-court offense with Allen on the court and we all know that Boston lacks the size to play this type of game...
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

All of us except Doc!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow": [QUOTE]Agreed. Doc actually stumbled on a new wrinkle for Boston that was very successful and now he is abandoning it. Allen would be great coming off the bench. Nothing against his capabilities but AB teaming up with Rondo makes Boston an explosive team. Boston is forced to play half-court offense with Allen on the court and we all know that Boston lacks the size to play this type of game... Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE] Agree. I just hope Doc doesn't force Ray to play 30 min...and keep AB on the bench. Maybe we need Garnett and Bass to go down to see JJJ emerge as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow": Agree. I just hope Doc doesn't force Ray to play 30 min...and keep AB on the bench. Maybe we need Garnett and Bass to go down to see JJJ emerge as well.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

jjj will be ready for minutes next season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

crap

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Doc is not very bright or creative. He is a creature of habit....stuck somewhere in time.

Of course he will start Allen. Did anybody expect anything different?

Even Allen liked the idea of coming off the bench.

BYE BYE Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazing how everyone here who never made it to coaching even in college says the guy who's been coach of the year, coached the team to a championship, coached them to another final, and coached them back to winning after all the injuries this year is not very bright or creative and that he "stumbled" into Bradley.  That is the statement after EVERYONE on this board said Bradley was a waste and why wasn't Moore playing over Bradley.  But, Doc made the decision to go with Bradley and like he's taught other young players, he's having success with his choice.   Now, everyone here is forgetting that the chat board wanted the kid benched.

But, Doc got lucky and stumbled into the good play of Bradley?   You think maybe, just maybe he made a good coaching decision to play Bradley.  You think maybe, just maybe he's coached this team to wins and can continue to do so?  

Let's see how it works out before claimng he's dumb.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Doc is not very bright or creative. He is a creature of habit....stuck somewhere in time. Of course he will start Allen. Did anybody expect anything different? Even Allen liked the idea of coming off the bench. BYE BYE Celtics.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]
    Utter stupidity.  I am sorry I hope Ray says he can't go.  I wish he could come of the bench but starting he will stifle the energy and movement on defense and yes even on offense.

Amazed Doc could allow this trend of winning not to play out.  If you remember Pietrus at the two, had us winning as well before AB. It is a Ray thing, too many old guys at once is what it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

If DR insists.. rr/ra for 5 rr/ab for 5 ab/ra for 5... motion perpetual rr/ab when we need to take charge. Good plan! IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]If DR insists.. rr/ra for 5 rr/ab for 5 ab/ra for 5... motion perpetual rr/ab when we need to take charge. Good plan! IMO
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]
    Good thinking but ab/ra could be a ball handling nightmare. RA should play off the bench until he gets in the swing of things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow : Good thinking but ab/ra could be a ball handling nightmare. RA should play off the bench until he gets in the swing of things.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

But who plays bu pg?...Dooling

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc Will Start Ray Tomorrow : Good thinking but ab/ra could be a ball handling nightmare. RA should play off the bench until he gets in the swing of things.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Maybe the saving grace is that doc might be tempted to use RA's bad ankle as an excuse to limit his time if things begin to go badly... as seems quite likely considering the baggage that Ray now brings to the game.

Like doc needs an injury excuse to bring RA off the bench in order to maximize his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses!

Aplayer's coach for sure. Considering how badly doc has managed R9R, should we really expect him to handle Ray any better?

Probably not.

Puddinhead

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

on the surface this seems like a very bad decision on Doc's part. He has to have the stones to at least talk to Ray about a bench role. Too bad, doesn't bode well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

at first i saw this and was furious..but then i read between the lines, something Doc said was very telling. "We’re going to try to sub guys a little differently to keep the combinations the same."

i think that doc is going to cut Rays minutes down, and i think Avery is going to get alot of minutes at the 2..with Doolings recent resurgence, he can afford to play AB major minutes at the 2 and have dooling sub in for Rondo.

im not upset about this nemore, lets wait and see the approach Doc takes tomorrow night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Next time someone complains about Rondo being too stubborn, I'm gonna say, "Just look at his mentor."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]Amazing how everyone here who never made it to coaching even in college says the guy who's been coach of the year, coached the team to a championship, coached them to another final, and coached them back to winning after all the injuries this year is not very bright or creative and that he "stumbled" into Bradley.  That is the statement after EVERYONE on this board said Bradley was a waste and why wasn't Moore playing over Bradley.  But, Doc made the decision to go with Bradley and like he's taught other young players, he's having success with his choice.   Now, everyone here is forgetting that the chat board wanted the kid benched. But, Doc got lucky and stumbled into the good play of Bradley?   You think maybe, just maybe he made a good coaching decision to play Bradley.  You think maybe, just maybe he's coached this team to wins and can continue to do so?   Let's see how it works out before claimng he's dumb.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]   

Great post...   a voice in the wilderness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Need to stay with what works, and right now the line-up Doc is
    using is winning, WHY CHANGE?????????? Ray would have to come
    off the bench, "CASE CLOSED".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I thought Doc would start Ray... One view of this is Ray will perform better with the starters because he needs plays to get open shots usually. The starters more experienced and skilled at it... other wise Rays value dwindles.

Hopefully Doc recognizes AB needs his minutes with the starters as well... especially playing Manu & Parker tonight...2 nightmares to cover.

Nothing would surprise me about Doc... I perfectly understand manys viewpoint of why fix whats not broken.  It may be a luxury..if Ray is getting off, what could be better??? If hes struggling on both ends..insert AB and stay with him.

but Doc ............ is roll of dice. I don tlike how he manages rotations

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Who knows, maybe now that ray's healthy, and if he has to play less minutes (and he was playing a LOT of minutes for his age), maybe he'll play surprisingly well.  I can see ray going HARD for 25min a game now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]Amazing how everyone here who never made it to coaching even in college says the guy who's been coach of the year, coached the team to a championship, coached them to another final, and coached them back to winning after all the injuries this year is not very bright or creative and that he "stumbled" into Bradley.  That is the statement after EVERYONE on this board said Bradley was a waste and why wasn't Moore playing over Bradley.  But, Doc made the decision to go with Bradley and like he's taught other young players, he's having success with his choice.   Now, everyone here is forgetting that the chat board wanted the kid benched. But, Doc got lucky and stumbled into the good play of Bradley?   You think maybe, just maybe he made a good coaching decision to play Bradley.  You think maybe, just maybe he's coached this team to wins and can continue to do so?   Let's see how it works out before claimng he's dumb.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

According to BDC ray might actually not start. I guess we'll find out tonite.
    For me, Doc should stay with the starters as they are now if only for the fact that you shouldn't mess with a winning team. Also, I like the energy at the start of the game and the leads resulting from that. Earlier in the seaon how many times we had to play catch up after a poor first quarter?
    Bradley should get his minutes and so should Ray, if he's on. It's up to Doc to be a good "in game" coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

The only reason DOC started Bradley is because Ray got hurt. DOC got lucky.

The only reason he is playing Steisma is because Wilcox got hurt. DOC got lucky again.