Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Doc

Had to blame this one on Doc.  Why?  It was supposed his job to prepare this team.  But they came out flat, they were not ready to play, they looked really lost in that 1st Quarter.  You would thought that this coach + the team would learn something from that game in Atlanta a week ago.  Nope.  They made a bad Hawk team look good.

Doc is just one f*** up. Rondo is the other one. I thought nobody would be that dumb to bump a ref with less than min to go. I was wrong. The idiot just cost the team the next game with that silly act.  If he really wanted to bump or assault a ref, why couldn't he had done it after the game, outside the building where nobody's watching. Idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Doc

Have to agree with you on both counts.

Doc is responsible to have his team ready to play. They obviously were not. Was it the rest or something else doesnt matter.

Rondo was our best player last night but he made 2 HUGE BONEHEAD MISTAKES! We had a chance to pull this game out but Rondo threw it out the window. Cant get a Tech in the final minute of a 4 point game... and Rondo very clearly tripped but aded a slight body check into the ref. No question about it.

There can be no excuse offered on Rondos behalf for choking like this.. The little kid who cant control his tantrums may have cost us 2 playoff games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

bitter much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc erred on the side of too much rest for his older players.  Hopefully they will play like their survival is at stake in game 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry, you can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink!   None of us are in the practice and locker room but I bet Doc had told them and coached them and prepared them but they just were flat from not playing for what...a week or so?.   Just watch most teams after a long layoff and you'll see that players take a while to learn "game speed" after they've taken time off.  Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett had taken time off and were just not yet at game speed.  No amount of coaching can prepare you for game intensity.   That's on our players.

I do blame Doc for givng them too much rest.  I think he should have played them maybe 15 or 20 minutes in those last 2 games so that they kept some rhythm.

But, its done now and the key is to focus on the next game and win it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Doc:
    [QUOTE]Have to agree with you on both counts. Doc is responsible to have his team ready to play. They obviously were not. Was it the rest or something else doesnt matter. Rondo was our best player last night but he made 2 HUGE BONEHEAD MISTAKES! We had a chance to pull this game out but Rondo threw it out the window. Cant get a Tech in the final minute of a 4 point game... and Rondo very clearly tripped but aded a slight body check into the ref. No question about it. There can be no excuse offered on Rondos behalf for choking like this.. The little kid who cant control his tantrums may have cost us 2 playoff games.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Exhibit A:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Doc can't dribble, post up, take jumpers, make steals , drop dimes, etc.....and he sure cannot control old a#@ players who came out and turned in a pathetic effort in the 1st game. Sometimes these players have to carry the blame... to continously blame Doc (and I've done it before myself) for their half-hearted effort is not facing the real heart of the matter. He gave them time off and as much rest as he possibly could and they reward him and us with that type of play. C'mon guys blame the real culprits in that stinko of a performance.....the PLAYERS!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Doc wasn't the reason they lost. The reason they lost is because Pierce was still in Boston and KG was destroyed by Smith.

I expect a much better effort and a win next game. It's a wake up call. Even if they go down 0-2 the real Hawks will eventually show up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

There are so many teams that have rested few starters, and still came out and won the game.

Real reason that Boston lost is their young players such as Bradley, Drooling, Steimsma, etc all played terrible.  And Pierce probably played his worst offense post season game in a while.

I am sure they will come out and win the second game.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Doc can't dribble, post up, take jumpers, make steals , drop dimes, etc.....and he sure cannot control old a#@ players who came out and turned in a pathetic effort in the 1st game. Sometimes these players have to carry the blame... to continously blame Doc (and I've done it before myself) for their half-hearted effort is not facing the real heart of the matter. He gave them time off and as much rest as he possibly could and they reward him and us with that type of play. C'mon guys blame the real culprits in that stinko of a performance.....the PLAYERS!!!!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Finally, the TRUTH. It is the players people. I am pretty sure DOC was not dressed last night. It is the players job to perform and be ready. They are all capable adults, although I wonder sometimes. But you are right on walk2run. Well put.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc : Exhibit A:  
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Considering the way he has played the last month or so it is painful to admit but true.  This series should be won easily now we have to struggle. Rondo cost his team bigtime.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, you can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink!   None of us are in the practice and locker room but I bet Doc had told them and coached them and prepared them but they just were flat from not playing for what...a week or so?.   Just watch most teams after a long layoff and you'll see that players take a while to learn "game speed" after they've taken time off.  Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett had taken time off and were just not yet at game speed.  No amount of coaching can prepare you for game intensity.   That's on our players. I do blame Doc for givng them too much rest.  I think he should have played them maybe 15 or 20 minutes in those last 2 games so that they kept some rhythm. But, its done now and the key is to focus on the next game and win it!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Mostly agree..Celtsfan, but you know that , if he played them, and an injury happened during that time, he would be raked over the coals..just as he is right now...Ask Chicago...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]There are so many teams that have rested few starters, and still came out and won the game. Real reason that Boston lost is their young players such as Bradley, Drooling, Steimsma, etc all played terrible.  And Pierce probably played his worst offense post season game in a while. I am sure they will come out and win the second game.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    We got next to nothing from the bench..and Bradley is getting a taste of what it takes to be big time...lets see how he handles it...The play definitely changes in the playoffs..Bring your A game or go home..We may be going home 0-2 if we don't get it together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, you can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink!   None of us are in the practice and locker room but I bet Doc had told them and coached them and prepared them but they just were flat from not playing for what...a week or so?.   Just watch most teams after a long layoff and you'll see that players take a while to learn "game speed" after they've taken time off.  Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett had taken time off and were just not yet at game speed.  No amount of coaching can prepare you for game intensity.   That's on our players. I do blame Doc for givng them too much rest.  I think he should have played them maybe 15 or 20 minutes in those last 2 games so that they kept some rhythm. But, its done now and the key is to focus on the next game and win it!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the playing time.  They all should have played at least a few minutes of the remaining games.  It was really an ugly game last night and I would imagine that the Celtics poor performance at the beginning of the game was due to lack of playing time.  I would imagine that the game tomorrow night will be much different, even without Rondo. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Come on, this is the National Basketball Association. They're grown men, not 16-year-old high school kids.

Pierce and Garnett have been in the league for a combined 29 years. If they need a rousing pep talk from Doc to be ready for a playoff game, we've got far bigger troubles than we ever feared.

The reason we lost was the first quarter ... we couldn't make a shot and they couldn't miss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Come on, this is the National Basketball Association. They're grown men, not 16-year-old high school kids. Pierce and Garnett have been in the league for a combined 29 years. If they need a rousing pep talk from Doc to be ready for a playoff game, we've got far bigger troubles than we ever feared. The reason we lost was the first quarter ... we couldn't make a shot and they couldn't miss.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

+1

Too much rest .... Please!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sure, only when the C's win should Doc be figured into the outcome. Then its not the players, its coaching. I get it now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Sure, only when the C's win should Doc be figured into the outcome. Then its not the players, its coaching. I get it now.

Have to agree, if Doc gets the credit when the C's win, he needs to get the blame when they lose!!  Also it seems to me every time the C's get some time off, they have a bad game when they come back!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The only problem I have with Doc is him resting everyone so much and conceding home court..  They were on a roll.  Now they aren't

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Sure, only when the C's win should Doc be figured into the outcome. Then its not the players, its coaching. I get it now.
    Of course Doc has figured in some losses. But I fail to see how anyone could pin Sunday night's loss on him. Again, they couldn't throw it in the ocean or guard a corpse on defense in the first quarter. Kind of hard to spot a team a 17-point lead after 10 minutes on the road and expect to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc : Of course Doc has figured in some losses. But I fail to see how anyone could pin Sunday night's loss on him. Again, they couldn't throw it in the ocean or guard a corpse on defense in the first quarter. Kind of hard to spot a team a 17-point lead after 10 minutes on the road and expect to win.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

This is always a grey area...

Id agree poor shooting was the biggest culprit in the loss, cant blame Doc for that.  Next in line was the team just didnt seem ready to hustle or even attempt to run their offense correctly.. Doc takes some of the heat for that.

Also, while the Hawks were opening up a big 1st qtr lead, I was wondering (and even posted) why Doc hasnt called a TO yet. Clearly we weren't playing our game and the Hawks were running jump shooting/layup drills on us.  Doc just waited til the game almost got out of hand.

Only point Im trying to make is Doc must shoulder blame when we lose if hes to accept credit when we win.

We can argue forever with both sides making valid points. 

Look at our bench... Sure, we have injuries like we always do...but I cant blame Sasha or the rest for not performing when they pretty much rotted on the bench all season cause Doc just wont play them and intergrate them in game situations.  Now we expect production?? I blame Doc for this... plus theres no team that has had the list of injuries like the Celts the past 3 years... old players, injuries have to be game planned into the season with the C's..

Now, you can blame Sasha et al or you can blame Doc for not preparing them when he could have during the season... many have differing opinions on it I guess

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc : This is always a grey area... Id agree poor shooting was the biggest culprit in the loss, cant blame Doc for that.  Next in line was the team just didnt seem ready to hustle or even attempt to run their offense correctly.. Doc takes some of the heat for that. Also, while the Hawks were opening up a big 1st qtr lead, I was wondering (and even posted) why Doc hasnt called a TO yet. Clearly we weren't playing our game and the Hawks were running jump shooting/layup drills on us.  Doc just waited til the game almost got out of hand. Only point Im trying to make is Doc must shoulder blame when we lose if hes to accept credit when we win. We can argue forever with both sides making valid points.  Look at our bench... Sure, we have injuries like we always do...but I cant blame Sasha or the rest for not performing when they pretty much rotted on the bench all season cause Doc just wont play them and intergrate them in game situations.  Now we expect production?? I blame Doc for this... plus theres no team that has had the list of injuries like the Celts the past 3 years... old players, injuries have to be game planned into the season with the C's.. Now, you can blame Sasha et al or you can blame Doc for not preparing them when he could have during the season... many have differing opinions on it I guess
    Well put. I can't disagree with any of that.

Here's my take: When you get to the professional level, a coach becomes more of a manager. He makes the personnel decisions, he keeps the locker room together, etc. In the end, games are ultimately won or lost by the players on the floor. I can't remember which game it was, but when C's had that particularly hot night from the field (at Miami, I think), it never occurred to me to praise Doc for that. But your points are well taken.