Doc's Defense on Nate was Great

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Doc's Defense on Nate was Great

Philly didn't have to shut Nate down....Doc did that. Nate tears it up in the 2nd and doesn't come back till the 4th...misses 2 shots and is benched. Come on Doc...Nate's a rhythm shooter and you kill his rhythm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Doc's Defense on Nate was Great

In Response to Doc's Defense on Nate was Great:
    [QUOTE]Philly didn't have to shut Nate down....Doc did that. Nate tears it up in the 2nd and doesn't come back till the 4th...misses 2 shots and is benched. Come on Doc...Nate's a rhythm shooter and you kill his rhythm.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

It was Ray Allen's time to be back on the court, that's why. It had nothing to do with Nate missing 2 shots in the 4th. 

Until now you don't get what Doc is trying to do? The Celtic offense relies on ball movement, getting the best possible shot every possession. Doc doesn't believe in shooting a lot to score a lot. Pierce learned that the hard way a few years back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sometimes Nate takes shots too quick in the offense and I think Doc just wants to keep him focused on how the offense is run. You shouldn't be "heat checking" yourself with just 2 made shots.

Nate is playing a good role in the offense. He's much better without the ball unlike last year when he was backing up Rondo. He'll be even better when West comes back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Doc's Defense on Nate was Great:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes Nate takes shots too quick in the offense and I think Doc just wants to keep him focused on how the offense is run. You shouldn't be "heat checking" yourself with just 2 made shots. Nate is playing a good role in the offense. He's much better without the ball unlike last year when he was backing up Rondo. He'll be even better when West comes back.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
        You got that right. I pull my hair out everytime Nate pulls up for a 3 pointer on a fast break and there aren't any rebounders around the basket. Simple basketball fundamentals.
        Nate's been playing well this season, but he needs to learn what you pointed out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Nate has already proven his worth to the Celtics this year : both shooting and playing point. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He needs to prove it on the defensive end.  His guy scoring so much may have had something to do with his short playing time in the second half.  Wouldn't surprise me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

he's definetely a guy who can help when their offense stagnates, we saw that last year when he broke open the Orlando series with 1 solid quarter of play.