Doc's Relationship with Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Doc's Relationship with Rondo

We will know soon enough why Doc wanted to leave Boston and how he feels about Rondo.  IF he says NOTHING to squelch the rumors, then we know that Rondo was a contributing cause.  Just like Ray Allen taking the high-road.    If either Ray or Doc wanted to make clear that Rondo wasn't a problem, THEY WOULD SAY SO.  Just like Lebron who squelched rumors of Danny Green's partying with them by emphatically denying it.

No denial by Doc is eqaul to a thumbs down at Rondo.   

More news about Doc's raltionship with Rondo with a Celtics "Insider":                                                                                            The general consensus was that Doc Rivers was open to leaving Boston because he didn't want to go through a rebuilding phase.  But reports circulated on Saturday that indicate there may be another factor; Rivers' intense dislike of Rajon Rondo.

CSNNE Celtics Insider A. Sherrod Blakely weighed in on the development.

"There are many factors contributing in Doc Rivers' decision to be open to leaving Boston and certainly his strained relationship with Rajon Rondo is one of them. It's no secret these two have had their clashes over the years. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Doc's Relationship with Rondo

It is hard to say.

Non-disclosure agreements are common at this level. The evidence favors bye bye Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Lol.  The truth will eventually come out now.  A lot of us have been saying Rondo is the problem for years.   Doc leaving only adds more credence to this, and shows what little faith he really has in Rondo to be the main man running the team.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

Lol.  The truth will eventually come out now.  A lot of us have been saying Rondo is the problem for years.   Doc leaving only adds more credence to this, and shows what little faith he really has in Rondo to be the main man running the team.  

Agreed... it also shows how inept and weak Doc was as a coach unable to deal with Rondo, in fact, enabling the prima dona. Now Doc runs off to LA a proven liar and wimp

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You girls should all get each others phone numbers so you can call each other late at night and gossip about Doc and Rondo.

Grow up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hard to imagine the night sweats doc must have endured thinking about rebuilding this team while having to depend on the mercurial R9R to provide the veteran leadership.

Its a shame doc didn't take a swing at Rondo years ago when the verbal abuse first reared its ugly head instead of appeasement.

Might have made a difference in the way things turned out.

One down.... one to go.

Good luck, doc.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

You girls should all get each others phone numbers so you can call each other late at night and gossip about Doc and Rondo.

Grow up.

Is someone feelin sweet  & sentimental about those two? Awwww, wish I could give you a tissue and I do admire your sensitivity... We should really establish a mourning period just for you, until you find the strength to get over it all...

Maybe we can find a poster of the two together for your bedroom ceiling..would you like that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Hard to imagine the night sweats doc must have endured thinking about rebuilding this team while having to depend on the mercurial R9R to provide the veteran leadership.

Its a shame doc didn't take a swing at Rondo years ago when the verbal abuse first reared its ugly head instead of appeasement.

Might have made a difference in the way things turned out.

One down.... one to go.

Good luck, doc.

Pud

Doc shows what kind of committment he had to the C's... but talk is cheap:

In fact, when he signed the extension two years ago, Rivers said he would be committed to the idea of coaching a rebuilding team.

“Well, I don’t think anyone’s looking forward to that, but I’m willing to do that,” he said then. “I had a group that has been very loyal to me. I think it would have been very easy for me to just run and go somewhere else and chase something else.

“I just don’t think that’s the right thing to do. Coaches talk about loyalty and team, and I just thought it was time to show it.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Grow up.

LMAO.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Grow up.

Is someone feelin sweet  & sentimental about those two? Awwww, wish I could give you a tissue and I do admire your sensitivity... We should really establish a mourning period just for you, until you find the strength to get over it all...

Maybe we can find a poster of the two together for your bedroom ceiling..would you like that?

No...I don't care about either one of them. Neither one of them matters to me.

That's why I was saying you guys should trade numbers so you could gossip. 

Seriously man.  Use your brain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Grow up.

So, is that a yes or no on the bedroom ceiling poster?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Grow up.

So, is that a yes or no on the bedroom ceiling poster?

Wow man. You have some serious issues. I don't care that Doc is gone. I don't care about Rondo.

You are acting very oddly right now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Ainge should have gotten a quality back-up PG. Whenever Rondo's tantrums flared they could have benched him. (Ideal would have been the trade for CP3 or Curry)

I hope he gets traded asap, he's toxic beyond words. How long will have to deal with the constant pampering? He only cares for the playoffs, what will happen when we're a lottery team? When he's healthy we'll see what he's worth without KG and PP. Diminished physique after a torn ACL and a still detoriating mindset... We're in for a serious treat.

I don't care anymore what we get for him as long as he's out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Ainge should have gotten a quality back-up PG. Whenever Rondo's tantrums flared they could have benched him. (Ideal would have been the trade for CP3 or Curry)

I hope he gets traded asap, he's toxic beyond words. How long will have to deal with the constant pampering? He only cares for the playoffs, what will happen when we're a lottery team? When he's healthy we'll see what he's worth without KG and PP. Diminished physique after a torn ACL and a still detoriating mindset... We're in for a serious treat.

I think Rondo should go too, as well as KG if we can find anyone to take him.

Blow it up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Snake oil seems to be back.

Welcome friend.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Snake oil seems to be back.

Welcome friend.

Pud

Is that him? I wondered what ID  he'd show up with after being humiliated so often he was forced to abandon ship here... LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Won't be much. Last interest in the mercurial one was by the T-wolves when the package for KG was being put together.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Won't be much. Last interest in the mercurial one was by the T-wolves when the package for KG was being put together.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Rondo wont get much in a trade, but they need to get rid of him if they can.

Blow it up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Anyone remember a certain nincompoop saying something like Doc will be here for the next 3 years, get used to it...hes not going anywhere???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Anyone remember a certain nincompoop saying something like Doc will be here for the next 3 years, get used to it...hes not going anywhere???

Doc isn't a good coach, Rondo isnt a good point gaurd.

I just could care less about their personal relationship. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Unfortunately Doc and DA made another serious blunder here... Rondos rep continues to grow around the league as a cancer... it will worsen as current players leave the Celtics and talk about him, ala Ray.

Add to that  his ACL damage and concerns over his ability to ever return 100%...

We had a window to dump this kid and get something sweet in return...thats closed. Best hope now is some dopey GM takes the nightmare on to sell tickets to fans... Heck, IM sure some feel they can mold Rondo into a good teammate and take the risk...

Lets hope so

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Report says doc wasn't the force behind him moving. The owners didn't want to pay him.  McMullen reported this I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Heck, IM sure some feel they can mold Rondo into a good teammate and take the risk...

Lets hope so

A dramatic change of scenery might do R9R a world of good.

Like the down/out drunk at the end of his rope who finds AA and sobriety.

It certainly was not going to happen with doc doing his best to "understand" Rondo.

I'm guessing the outermost regions of China or Krzystan ala Shavlik or Starbury.. or  a bit closer to home.... Charlotte or Charlottesville.

Stephon actually got a statue in China for his excellent play with the Beijing Ducks.

A billion fans can't be wrong... can they?

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Report says doc wasn't the force behind him moving. The owners didn't want to pay him.  McMullen reported this I think.

If this is true what a mees.  They dropped Rondo's value significantly with the Doc story getting out.  KG and Pierce have had their future decided as not in Boston and we will stink to high heaven regardless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I read that too but it doesnt meet the sniff test... Both DOc and ownership knew we were going to need to rebuild well before Docs contract expired.... so what was the theory behind signing him to the biggest coaches contract for 5 years if they didnt want to pay him?

and dont tell me it was to use Doc as a chip to pick up an asset... then the 5 years would make sense but not $35M.... maybe thats why the Clips fought over even giving up one pick ...