Does Melo start now that we are rebuilding?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Does Melo start now that we are rebuilding?

I'd like to see it....we have nothing to lose at this point by letting him play.....we need to see if he is an NBA center....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: Does Melo start now that we are rebuilding?

not if you're judging from what we have seen from him so far. olynyk should start over him from day 1.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

I may be going out on a limb here, but I predict Melo will at least start during the summer league.

Seriously, if he doesn't play significant playing time during a rebuild year I would guess he is no longer in the Celtic future plans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

depends on what kind of moves we make this summer. if we make moves that looks like we're rebuilding quickly, then maybe not. if we make moves that look like we're rebuilding more slowly, then i would expect to see all three of the young bigs get time this year, just so we can see what we have.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

We signed two 5s in this draft. It is not looking good for Melo, but if not this year, in this team...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Ya got nothing left, Duke you're in tatters. Oh, yeah, I forgot, you got 9-3. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHa!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

We signed two 5s in this draft. It is not looking good for Melo, but if not this year, in this team...

I think Olynyk is going to be a Pf, but I could be wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I'd like to see it....we have nothing to lose at this point by letting him play.....we need to see if he is an NBA center....

If Celtics are rebulding like they say they are .Why not rebuild the price of tickets to watch this sh'''t for a few years. You don't charge major league prices for minor league games

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hahaha ... trade fodder!

and yes, Olly will be your big PF alongside Sully and Bass (???).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Olynyk is going to be a Pf, but I could be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Correct, no way is Olynyk an NBA center.   He could back up at that position, but he's more suited to be a PF.   So, if Melo were capable they could play together.  

In the short time Melo saw the court he looked awful.  He was unfamiliar with the plays, exceuted poorly, looked out of shape, and has no offensive game.  I realize he is young and a "project", but he needs to show dramatic improvement if he wants minutes this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Melo doesn't make the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

You might be right about Olynyk being better suited for PF, but he will have to switch position and has to fight for playing time with: Sully, Bass and Humphries (what about that Wilcox?). Maybe even a few minutes with green when wallace playes at sf. If we don't do further trades it will be difficult to get playing time for many of these guys.

But I would be carefull calling someone not being able to be a starting center. Bosh, a player with the size of a pf, but the mentality on the Frame of a sf is the starting Center for the repeating Champion.