Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year?

I have to say when all of that Perk to the Heat talk was going on a while back I thought it would never happen. Obviously it could happen technically, but I never thought it had a chance given Perk's status with the team and organization. But now, you have to figure Perk will have quite the chip on his shoulder and may want to show Ainge what hes worth more than 2 times per year at best if he stayed out West. And you have to think that for his future he has a far better chance in Miami as we will start the rebuilding within the next few years. Does this trade just solidify him signing in South Beach next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year?

If what we hear is true, that he's testing the market no matter what, then it was a gamble for OKC.  We can't begrudge Perk the chance to hit the lottery on the open market, hence the reason for the trade in the first place.  Someone will pay him handsomely, which probably means he'll be overpaid.  But on the right team he's a great guy to have at the 5.  Miami could use him, he'd be a perfect fit.  Not sure he's settling for less than Haywood money though.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Unfortunately I think Perk would now be a perfect fit there, I just don't know if they will have the cap space under the new rules.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Where is Miami gonna get the 50mil Perk will be demanding?
    Perk turned down Ainge's 22mil proposal. He thinks he's worth in the 50's

I know Miami vice has drug money collected from the columbian thugs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Exactly

Perk will get at least the 8.5 million per Brandon Hayword got last year.

What he wants is the 10 million a guy like Kaman got. The 12-14 million Bynum and Noah got is prob too lofty a goal.

The Celtics already offered him anywhere from 5.5-7.5 over 4 years depending on what reports you believe.

Miami has only the MLE to offer.

If it came down to Perk having to accept the MLE it would prob be for 1 year to raise his value in a fully healthy season and aim for a 14 points 10 board 3 block type year that would net him 12 million instead of the 8 he'll get right noe. A gamble for him tho w/ the knee situation.

In that case I'd see him either taking 6-7 million for 1 year in OKC or 5 million for 1 year back here. why would he go anywhere but Boston, where he loves it and is loved, if the $ is equal. OKC can offer him a slight raise on the 4.5m he made this year.

Then Celts can still offer Howard a max deal and if they lose on him give Perk 5/55 or something like that.

0% chance he goes to Miami

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year?:
    [QUOTE]Exactly Perk will get at least the 8.5 million per Brandon Hayword got last year. What he wants is the 10 million a guy like Kaman got. The 12-14 million Bynum and Noah got is prob too lofty a goal. The Celtics already offered him anywhere from 5.5-7.5 over 4 years depending on what reports you believe. Miami has only the MLE to offer. If it came down to Perk having to accept the MLE it would prob be for 1 year to raise his value in a fully healthy season and aim for a 14 points 10 board 3 block type year that would net him 12 million instead of the 8 he'll get right noe. A gamble for him tho w/ the knee situation. In that case I'd see him either taking 6-7 million for 1 year in OKC or 5 million for 1 year back here. why would he go anywhere but Boston, where he loves it and is loved, if the $ is equal. OKC can offer him a slight raise on the 4.5m he made this year. Then Celts can still offer Howard a max deal and if they lose on him give Perk 5/55 or something like that. 0% chance he goes to Miami
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I think what Perk will find is that his ego will be bigger than his paycheck.  He will likely find that the teams that are under the cap are teams that have no players and teams that are over the cap are the good teams that cannot afford to add him.  I think he could go to Houston or stay in OKC and if he wants to win more than he wants money he will stay in OKC where they have several of the best young players in the league that are still on their rookie contracts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Exactly Perk will get at least the 8.5 million per Brandon Hayword got last year. What he wants is the 10 million a guy like Kaman got. The 12-14 million Bynum and Noah got is prob too lofty a goal. The Celtics already offered him anywhere from 5.5-7.5 over 4 years depending on what reports you believe. Miami has only the MLE to offer. If it came down to Perk having to accept the MLE it would prob be for 1 year to raise his value in a fully healthy season and aim for a 14 points 10 board 3 block type year that would net him 12 million instead of the 8 he'll get right noe. A gamble for him tho w/ the knee situation. In that case I'd see him either taking 6-7 million for 1 year in OKC or 5 million for 1 year back here. why would he go anywhere but Boston, where he loves it and is loved, if the $ is equal. OKC can offer him a slight raise on the 4.5m he made this year. Then Celts can still offer Howard a max deal and if they lose on him give Perk 5/55 or something like that. 0% chance he goes to Miami

Then DA made a mistake cause Perk wanted $30MM over 4 yrs to resign ... that's a deal vs those others and DA could've traded him to any team in need or someone about to lose a FA ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year? : Then DA made a mistake cause Perk wanted $30MM over 4 yrs to resign ... that's a deal vs those others and DA could've traded him to any team in need or someone about to lose a FA ...
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

provide a link that says 30 over 4 gets it done

I have read over and over that he felt the 6 years 52 Hayward got was what he'd be in line for as a free agent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Not so fast my friend. It's all going to depend on how Perk plays in OKC. His stock could plummet if he's not as effective. I will just say that not having a guy like KG next to you cn sure make things a lot harder. When teams look and say "well he doesn't have the same effect as he did in Boston" (aka Posey and TA) then what??

Perk, Ibaka and Mohammad is really what they have now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year? : provide a link that says 30 over 4 gets it done I have read over and over that he felt the 6 years 52 Hayward got was what he'd be in line for as a free agent

It's right here on this blog: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/02/ainge_agonized.html?rss_id=Top+Stories

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Not so fast my friend. It's all going to depend on how Perk plays in OKC. His stock could plummet if he's not as effective. I will just say that not having a guy like KG next to you cn sure make things a lot harder. When teams look and say "well he doesn't have the same effect as he did in Boston" (aka Posey and TA) then what?? Perk, Ibaka and Mohammad is really what they have now.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That s/b enough to kill the repeaters .....no?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]Not so fast my friend. It's all going to depend on how Perk plays in OKC. His stock could plummet if he's not as effective. I will just say that not having a guy like KG next to you cn sure make things a lot harder. When teams look and say "well he doesn't have the same effect as he did in Boston" (aka Posey and TA) then what?? Perk, Ibaka and Mohammad is really what they have now.
    That team is getting to be pretty legit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this really mean Perk to the Heat next year? : It's right here on this blog: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/02/ainge_agonized.html?rss_id=Top+Stories
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

Seems like a 'cool the fire' article to amke ainge looks good. That is the first time I have seen it printed that Perk asked for 4/30. That is fair $.

but in the end though, if we have a healthy Shaq, Green is the best player in the trade and the hole he fills is bigger than the one Perk left

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The Thunder can pay him more and if I was him I'd rather play with OKC and be a key player than in Mia as a 5th wheel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok so Ainge signs Perk and then what happens to BBD in the summer??

Obviously Ainge doesn't think moving forward that commiting to big money for Perk when the league is really about versatility is worth it since he has Shaq and another big to get him through another year.

He can find a big to produce what Perk did for less money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so Ainge signs Perk and then what happens to BBD in the summer?? Obviously Ainge doesn't think moving forward that commiting to big money for Perk when the league is really about versatility is worth it since he has Shaq and another big to get him through another year. He can find a big to produce what Perk did for less money.

I'm thinking that Green becomes the priority this summer .... all depends on what BBD will settle for under the new CBA. Reasonable contract and he stays ... too much and a S&T is in order ... Howard is still the focus and Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Green & KG will be hard to pass up as teammates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Perk is just not worth what he's asking and he could lower his value playing with OKC. I would be surprised but not shocked if he got more then 8 million per year and I really think he is worth 6-8. I think Howard has his number this year and unless we get to the finals we really will be better off in the playoffs with Green and not Perk. Plus if Shaq or Jermaine can play they will fill the void and Kristic will be a good peice to spark the offense when needed. Even Wallace if he were in shape could fill the void for Perk.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

let's be honest, there is no way you can get a better trade than Jeff Green for Perk.
    Last year when Ainge dangling him as a trade bait, we will get nothing but zhyte.

I'm very happy for Jeff Green.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Don't sleep on Ibaka... he is 6'10" 225 and has been throwing up a 10-7 w/ 2 blocks in 24 mins. He has some major hops and is the same rebounder and shot blocker KG is at this point in his career.