1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Don't Fear The Lottery

Your post needs more cowbell.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I just don't get it. Some fans here want KG to play until KG ends up like Steve Nash.

Sooner or later the Celts are going back to the lottery. So why keep delaying it when we all know the window is shut.

Poor attempt at a joke,  I guess. "Don't Fear the Reaper" ... SNL ... "need more cowbell."

Sorry, it's late and my mind is tired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

haha more COWBELL!

I've been more and more annoyed by Fierce. But (sort of) to his point, I dont see anyone in free agency that can add to a KG & PP -less team that makes us contenders. 

We have Rondo, he is our future PG. He is as good as CP3 IMO.

We have bradley, he COULD be a tony allen, a 4th option on offense and a defensive stallwart

We have Jeff Green, who can be our 2nd option on offense and a solid defensive player

We have Bass who can continue to excel, IF and only if we get a true Allstar, Superstar Center

We have Sullinger who could be our future stud PF.

We have no center

We have no bench after said starting 4 post-KG/PP era. JET is decent. Williams is a decent PG, Crawford is an OK backup SG

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

haha more COWBELL!

I've been more and more annoyed by Fierce. But (sort of) to his point, I dont see anyone in free agency that can add to a KG & PP -less team that makes us contenders. 

We have Rondo, he is our future PG. He is as good as CP3 IMO.

We have bradley, he COULD be a tony allen, a 4th option on offense and a defensive stallwart

We have Jeff Green, who can be our 2nd option on offense and a solid defensive player

We have Bass who can continue to excel, IF and only if we get a true Allstar, Superstar Center

We have Sullinger who could be our future stud PF.

We have no center

We have no bench after said starting 4 post-KG/PP era. JET is decent. Williams is a decent PG, Crawford is an OK backup SG

That is the point, even without KG and Pierce, there is not that much salary cap room and nobody in the free-agency market to fill the void that the two will leave.  I am not in a hurry to dive into the lottery this year.  Lottery can wait another year.  The Celts have the 16th pick, salary cap fodder (TWill and Shav), expiring contract (Crawford) and some players (Lee, AB, Terry, Bass, Sullinger and Melo).  Danny should explore all the moves that he can make.  If Pierce comes back for less and KG retires, that still does not leave room for a free agent.  Will NO trade their 1st and Eric Gordon for Bass+Terry+Crawford or Bass+Terry+TWill+Randolph?  That will take away their most burdensome contract, give them a couple of players and further increase the cap space that they have.

The Celts need to explore all kinds of options if KG and Pierce come back.  If not, then it is a rebuild year, develop young players and dip into the lottery.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If KG can't decide to retire or not, until draft night, Ainge will waive Pierce before July 1.

LOL.  Whether it goes down that way or not it is certainly entertaining to read how you put it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Stat of the night KG has earned 299 million dollars in his professional BB career!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

If KG can't decide to retire or not, until draft night, Ainge will waive Pierce before July 1.

LOL.  Whether it goes down that way or not it is certainly entertaining to read how you put it.

Remember how upset the Celtic fans were in 2003 when Ainge blew up a team that went to the east finals in 2002?

This is the 4th season KG and Pierce ended the season as losers. It's not that hard to figure out that the window is shut.

Sure the Celts can still be a playoff team next season. But is fighting for the 7th or 8th seed really worth it?

That is the difference between my perspective and yours.  The Celts fought for the 7th./8th. seed because of injuries.  The most unfortunate thing is that in the last two years the injuries have fallen the young players and not the older ones.  I don't see them fighting for the 7th./8th seed.

Every team needs a roster to succeed.  They need a 7-8 man rotation.  KG, Bass/Sullinger, Green, Pierce and Rondo make 5.  The Celts need 3 more players including one star caliber player.  NO has the #5 pick in this draft and Eric Gordon's contract that they may be willing to trade.  The Celts have reasonable pieces that might make it interesting for them.  The Celts may not need to lose to drop into the lottery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

if paul and kg are not celtics then they can rebuild..and maybe offer josh smith something...

if josh smith comes..then trade for peckovic or gortat..youd be a 40-45 win team..with a couple of players away..

rondo,bradley,smith,green,peckovic/gortat..sure your small..but athletic....

bench

terry,lee,sullinger,

if you can get love to boston which would involve green..thats something to think about...a love trade would be..

green,bass,lee,mello,bradley 1st round pick to min for kevin love maybe jj barera....

if that happens...its rondo,terry/or a shooter 2g, a fa 3, sullinger,kevin love...

all hope isnt lost..this team was 41-40..if they rebuild they can be 40-45 wins..with rondo and another star....for a few years before they can get the third star

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

God.  I can't believe all the delusional green teamers praying that PP and KG come back next year.  I would rather have a 15-67 team than a 41-41 team.  You do NOT want to be in the middle of the pack - that leads to YEARS of oblivion in the NBA.  Being bad offers a chance of a quicker way out.  I've been watching the NBA for over 30 years.  It's the most difficult sport by far to build a championship team because the talent it takes to win a championship is so rare - it's not going to be found in the middle of the draft unless you are very, very lucky.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

After last night's end to a story that should of ended at the trade deadline (I know certain trades did not happen because of KG blocking trade or whatever you want to believe actually happend) puts the Celtics at a crossroads YET again.  The Celtics are going to be a really BAD team before they are going to be a contender again.  The Celtics should of been in the lottery this year, but instead they flopped out in the first round of the playoffs in such a manner that makes me very sad as a fan.  From a business standpoint, they need to cut the pieces of the team away that inhibit them from aquiring new/better talent and look to go from there.

1.  PP is worth next to nothing on the trade market at this point.  He has more bad games than good games this season and I suspect that ratio will only get worse.  He is NOT a gym rat  at all.  PP doesn't come into his optimal form until he PLAYS himself into shape.  At this stage in his playing career the guy can no longer afford to do this.  We can expect to recieve nothing for him if we trade him so count him out.  The only thing we can receive positively in return is cutting him loose and get addition from subtraction net gain.

2.  KG is worth a bit more than PP on the trade market.  Unfortunately, he can block trades so he is definitely a wildcard in the future of what the Celtics can do financially/personnel wise this off season.  Will he accept a trade that doesn't include his buddy PP?  Does he just decide to retire if PP is amnestied or does he stay?  Will he be willing to come back to the Celtics under a much lower salary so the Celtics can sign FAs this off season?

3.  Strangely enough I can see Doc leaving if both PP and KG leave.  Doc is a smart man.  He LOVES veteran players, but has a problem with younger players.  If the Celtics suddenly becomes a team full of young players I can see Doc leaving for whatever Doc wants to do post Celtics.  I just don't think he has the patience for young players AT ALL.

There are things the Celtics cannot afford to do this off season....

1.  Rush RR and Sully back too soon from injuries.  These two guys are probably the future of the Celtics in whether they play for them or trade them for other parts.

Everything else that happens from here for the Celtics will be quite a soap opera (I am very sure of this).  See you all next season and hope the Basketball Gods grant the Celtics new and inspired hope for the future Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

He blew up the 2002 team because they weren't the right team to get a championship. he kept the core of the 2008 team because they Won a Title !!

And it was a good decision because we almost won 2 more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Don't fear the reaper....

My friends in college thought they were singing, "Don't fear the reefer."

My friends in college lived by that.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

It stinks but barring a trader danny out of left field move...

the cs have to have paul and kg return...

kgs deal is 2 years left at 20something million...

the cs should buy out paul...and hope he resigns with the cs...

can the cs sign paul for the same money kg has...lets hope

2 year deal for paul...

then danny can look to trade bass,lee maybe green or bradley or a combo of them..to phoenix for gortat who is sign and trade and jared dudley..Gortat gives the cs a center...dudley gives the cs a 3 point shooter...

with those 2 and a trade of bass,lee,mello and a pick for gortat and dudley...

the team will look like rondo,green,paul,kg,gortat to start..and bench is terry,bradley,sullinger,shav and fill in the rest...youll have a good team 40-45 wins...

or call minn. to sign and trade for peckovic and jj barera....boston trades..bass,mello,lee,1st round pick..for those guys... boston would then start..rondo,bradley,paul,kg,peckovic..bench jj barera hed be a shooter, terry,sullinger,green youd be good but not great 40-45 wins..

does boston look at trading green,1st round pick,bradley,bass,melo to minnesota for kevin love
    ?..and have a rondo,terry (yes hed start), paul,love,kg....bench sullinger,lee fill in the blank...

boston may have to wait 2 years for kgs deal to end..and that would have rondos deal end..and they can trade rondo with 1 year left..so that clears the books..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

I like gordan..but thething is can they get gordan and maybe robin lopez..that be cool....gordan starting 2 lopez start at center...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

God.  I can't believe all the delusional green teamers praying that PP and KG come back next year.  I would rather have a 15-67 team than a 41-41 team.  You do NOT want to be in the middle of the pack - that leads to YEARS of oblivion in the NBA.  Being bad offers a chance of a quicker way out.  I've been watching the NBA for over 30 years.  It's the most difficult sport by far to build a championship team because the talent it takes to win a championship is so rare - it's not going to be found in the middle of the draft unless you are very, very lucky.

I am one of those.  I am not talking about a Celtics team where KG and Paul are their #1 and #2 players.  I am talking about a team where Rondo and Green are the #1 and #2 players.  You don't win without a supporting cast and these old legs can still make a great supporting cast.  The Celts need to find a star at 2.

25. This post has been removed.