Don't Fix What's Not Broken

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Don't Fix What's Not Broken

Last season Boston was 41-14 before the Perkins trade.
    Since the Perkins trade Boston's regular season record is 19-19.

Danny obliterated team chemistry and unity with that trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Don't Fix What's Not Broken

All is good, Danny's on the phone to his pal McHale and their just hatching a plan as to how Boston gets the Rockets top 2 players for Steamer & Pavlovic!

Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I don't think the Celtics wanted to pay Perkins and that was the decision.  If Green was playing things might be different. Paul says he is improving and if doc would start the Steamer, we would see a different team.  Celts are not finished yet.  anything is possible

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Anyway most on this site disliked Kendrick Perkins , read the old post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

@maryngary

I'm terribly sorry but you're delusional.  This team is completely hopeless.  The starting five are the reason.  Swapping Stiemsma in for O'Neal would just be the right thing to do because O'Neal is a broken down bum.  The rest of the tweaks and improvements wouldn't amount to a single win against a decent team.  Lottery time!  I'm officially rooting against the Celtics for the remainder.  Danny positioned us well with our first round picks and maybe we can also trade for another or package to trade up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Shines - the team does look terrible.  however, too soon to declair that they are hopeless and its lottery time.  Gotta hang on to some hope, man.  All star break, we'll see if they came back or if its time to just play the youngsters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The Perkins trade was more pragmatic and sensible than some consider it to be.  Let's not get too nostalgic over his return to town with the Thunder.  He would not have solidified a run to the finals last year, and he lacks the athleticism direction that this team needs to go in as it moves on from the big three era.  Championships is the goal and an over paid slower Perkins isn't going to get us there at the center position.

I appreciate Perk for everything he brought, so don't get me wrong but it's spilt milk and not the reason for a Celtic decline. Other teams coming into their own and age is.  The Celts need a center that can get up and down the floor at a good clip.  Maybe something like what Indiana has.  If Greene comes back healthy and stays with the Celtics, he'll be more valuable over the next 3/4 years than Perk would be to this team.  Guy can play. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shine is right on the money. We stink.  You do have to consider we might end up being more mediocre than bad though.  This will hurt the chance to rebuild with good draft picks.  Watch out we can beat up on the other bad teams and make the playoffs.

Not sure it is in our long term interests though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Perk trade was a dsiaster..  and nothing in return to show for it..age and injuries have about done this team in..
    Maybe Pierce does a miracle recovery.
    .but the team is off and doc dont help

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Don't Fix What's Not Broken:
    [QUOTE]Shine is right on the money. We stink.  You do have to consider we might end up being more mediocre than bad though.  This will hurt the chance to rebuild with good draft picks.  Watch out we can beat up on the other bad teams and make the playoffs. Not sure it is in our long term interests though.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I already posted on many other threads that we are better off missing the playoffs than ending up at 6th - 8th seed and being eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs.  If we miss the playoffs we end up with better draft picks. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

I seem to remember that Perk wasn't playing during much of that 41-14 run last year. Still recovering from surgery. It's as illogical to attribute that record to him as much as attributing the record after the trade to his loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

[QUOTE]Shines - the team does look terrible.  however, too soon to declair that they are hopeless and its lottery time.  Gotta hang on to some hope, man.  All star break, we'll see if they came back or if its time to just play the youngsters.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Maybe so but I think I want to root against them and be a lottery team rather than a first round bow out.  Not a bad time to tank.  Whatever happens I just hope Avery Bradley and Jermaine O'Neal do the respectable and decent thing and retire immediately.  Hold a press conference where they explain that they were motivated by greed and duped by their agents into thinking that they could make a living in the NBA but upon honest reflection they think it is morally wrong to accept a paycheck for such atrocious performances and they have decided to purchase a Home Depot franchise in Natick.  I would always make a point of buying my duct tape from them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I seem to remember that Perk wasn't playing during much of that 41-14 run last year. Still recovering from surgery. It's as illogical to attribute that record to him as much as attributing the record after the trade to his loss.
    Posted by modod[/QUOTE]
    The Perkins trade is way over blown.....

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm also throwing in the towel. I'd rather play the snot out of the rooks and see what we  have there.... and let the starters kool their jets and take the easy money... or work some trades acquiring trade chips/draft picks.

I rememeber during the Gawd-awful 2006-7 season beginning to watch Durant/Oden play in college and imagine seeing one of the two in green. That was fun.

With our luck, we would have drafted Oden. Anyhooo, it was great watching the college talent and anticipating getting something great out of the draft.

We ended up getting not a great young talent but the Big Three instead and had four years of NBA relevance after a long dry spell.

Its a crying shame we couldn't have kept it going with smart drafts picks along the way since then... but we obviously haven't.

I'm ready to tank it and hope for the best. Realistically that seems to be the least awful of the options available.

Can do! Done it before.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]I'm also throwing in the towel. I'd rather play the snot out of the rooks and see what we  have there.... and let the starters kool their jets and take the easy money... or work some trades acquiring trade chips/draft picks. I rememeber during the Gawd-awful 2006-7 season beginning to watch Durant/Oden play in college and imagine seeing one of the two in green. That was fun. With our luck, we would have drafted Oden. Anyhooo, it was great watching the college talent and anticipating getting something great out of the draft. We ended up getting not a great young talent but the Big Three instead and had four years of NBA relevance after a long dry spell. Its a crying shame we couldn't have kept it going with smart drafts picks along the way since then... but we obviously haven't. I'm ready to tank it and hope for the best. Realistically that seems to be the least awful of the options available. Can do! Done it before. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

How dod you tell Garnett and Allen that you are throwing in the towel?
    Out of respect, Boston should actively try to trade them to a contending team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Fix What's Not Broken : How dod you tell Garnett and Allen that you are throwing in the towel? Out of respect, Boston should actively try to trade them to a contending team. 
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

You have long and serious discussions with them about what you are planning on doing. They'll understand. They are grown-ups.

Possible trades to contenders would certainly be considered if win/win situations arise.

Pud 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Perk trade was a dsiaster..  and nothing in return to show for it..age and injuries have about done this team in.. Maybe Pierce does a miracle recovery. .but the team is off and doc dont help
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

If you think Perk on this team now would make a difference and where that are at you are delusional... he barely makes a difference on a really good team.