don't know what you're watching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

don't know what you're watching

I am mystified.  Celts are 2-0.  That's two W's and zero L's.  Every Celtic I've seen on the floor is trying their butt off.  I don't see any lack of intensity.  The post-Celtic era love affair with Kendrick Perkins is getting about nauseating at this point.  I love a solid back line as much as the next guy but we compiled our record with Kendrick Perkins rehabbing his knee.  What about Perkins' play during the 12 games he was actually on the floor was so inspiring?  (other than his AMAZING recovery time because he is a bona-fide beast in the gym) Nobody who posts here can point to a single play or game that Perkins sealed for us this season because it never happened.  I'm gonna quote one of my least favorite sports personalities, Bill Parcells:  'you are what you are'.  The trade deadline is over, Doc has his rotation and Danny Ainge doesn't CARE one Mormon scintilla about what the lame brains on BDC think of his management abilities.  Fan up or shut up.  Seriously, have the decency to shut your stupid mouths.  We are in the playoffs (again) where we have won a championship, and eastern conference and a conference second place, sans KG, to Orlando.  There isn't a single team in the post season the Celtics cannot defeat except Dallas.  So if you are rooting for the Celts to win a championship, root against Dallas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: don't know what you're watching

Good post - and I'm not so sure about Dallas.  Dirk has a way of disappearing at critical times in meaningful games.  Getting him when he's only a little cold would translate into beating Dallas.  His confidence, when shaken, goes out the window from what I've seen.  When he's on, he's practically unstoppable, but he's not Mr. Consistency from big game to big game.  No question Dallas would/will be tough, but in the end, neither team would be a lock in the matchup, at least in my mind unless injuries intervene.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

alot of ranting, but the post actually made some sense until you made that Dallas comment. Dont know where that came from.  Every year we hear about it being Dallas' year,. and nothing happens.  All the west teams and you pick Dallas as the team to beat?!  stick to baseball buddy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

The comment came from the fact we have beaten every single contender except we lost to Dallas both times.  We actually are Chcago and Miami's daddy and we showed we can beat the Lakers.  So having lost to Dallas inspired me to think we can lose to Dallas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

naturally this assumes Dallas makes it out and we make it out.  So if youre rooting for the Celts root against Dallas

make sense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

That's telling us Shines01

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: don't know what you're watching:
    [QUOTE]naturally this assumes Dallas makes it out and we make it out.  So if youre rooting for the Celts root against Dallas make sense?
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, except that Dallas almost never does well in the playoffs.  Maybe this year will be different for them.  Not sure who they will play in the next round of the playoffs.   You are right that they are a difficult matchup for the Celtics.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

docc

No, it's not telling anybody.  Nobody here is getting upset about anything.  I have one poster I find intolerable and he is on ignore.  Naturally you can feel free to do the same with me.  The constant whining and complaining is tiresome.  It also makes the town look bad.  I totally stand by what I said:  fan up or have the decency to shut up.  If you're so inclined toward whining and complaining and criticizing why not direct it at the refereees who get P-A-I-D off by David Stern and his coterie of bookies to change the outcomes of games and contract murder the father of a certain degenerate gambler superstar.  OR one could always talk about what a dirty player Melo is.  No no, none of that here...we aren't fans anymore but rather just sitting in judgement of Doc and Danny and Rondo all of whom routinely do things none of us will ever accomplish.  God I miss Johnny Most.  There is no more good propaganda in this town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

If not for a couple of outstanding playcalls after a timeout, this team almost came out of Boston down 0-2.  That would have sealed their fate.

Of course I'm happy that they won these games, but honestly this is the Knicks.  If Boston cannot figure out how to maintain its offensive intensity for 4 quarters, they go out next round. Boston looked amazing in the first quarter two nights ago.  The rest of that game was too close for comfort.

Miami knows how to finish games.  New York does not.  Miami will be waiting in South Beach by the time the Celts polish off the Knicks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: don't know what you're watching:
    [QUOTE]If not for a couple of outstanding playcalls after a timeout, this team almost came out of Boston down 0-2.  That would have sealed their fate. Of course I'm happy that they won these games, but honestly this is the Knicks.  If Boston cannot figure out how to maintain its offensive intensity for 4 quarters, they go out next round. Boston looked amazing in the first quarter two nights ago.  The rest of that game was too close for comfort. Miami knows how to finish games.  New York does not.  Miami will be waiting in South Beach by the time the Celts polish off the Knicks.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Soups, I see your point and "feel your pain", buddy.  

But, if not for some incredibly tough shots and plays by Amare in game one and Carmelo in game 1, we would have won easily.  But, that's the way a game goes.  Close doesn't count.  Look at the playoffs so far this year in all series.  There have been only about 3, maybe 4 blowouts.  Heck, LA and SA even lost at home to the number 7 and 8 clubs.   My point is that this is the playoffs.  There are very few BAD teams.   The Knicks are better than you give them credit for.  They match up well against us and their two stars had two of the best games of their lives int he playoffs.  Our bench had some of the worst games ......and Yet, we still won.  I think the C's will play better but only if the bench comes to play.

As for Dallas, I am with everyone else - they always seem to fade.  I would worry about the Lakers more.   I think part of that is because they are a jump shooting team and their biggest 7' post player falls away and takes long shots at the end of games.  But, they play better D this year than previous years so maybe they'll challenge the Lakers and Spurs....who knows!  I wouldn't bet on them, however.  And remember, our losses to them were not by big margins.  They barely escaped us both times (a fall away jumper by Dirk with 20 seconds to play in the first game and a "lucky the ball bounced to them" 3 point shot by Kidd at the end of the second game).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ooops.  I meant Carmelo in "Game 2".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

i told you you didnt know what you were watching

last post

buh-bye