Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This represents one third of the team.  What a pathetic group of signings Danny.

All old, battered and injured they have brought nothing.  This team with JON starting another walking dead man is getting schooled by Gortat.

Danny really did nothing, was this crew of injury plagued older players brought in to make us better? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing

In Response to Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing:
    [QUOTE]This represents one third of the team.  What a pathetic group of signings Danny. All old, battered and injured they have brought nothing.  This team with JON starting another walking dead man is getting schooled by Gortat. Danny really did nothing, was this crew of injury plagued older players brought in to make us better? 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

No use beating around the bush, concord. Put the sugar-coating aside.

Tell us how you really feel about this Celtic roster.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    If you are watching tonight what do you think?  Grant Hill looks ten years younger than our guys.  I am disgusted.  Tonight it really hit me how did these guys get so bad so fast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dooling not playing really cost this team tonight.  How bad could his injury be? We may end up a top five lottery team. Consider it is only a matter of time before one of the big three go down.  Which tells me Danny may pull the trigger on trades as soon as possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing:
    [QUOTE]Pud, If you are watching tonight what do you think?  Grant Hill looks ten years younger than our guys.  I am disgusted.  Tonight it really hit me how did these guys get so bad so fast.

I actually enjoyed watching the game because my expectations were fairly minimal and I didn't have Rondo out of the floor to drive me crazy. I like what I saw from AB. I liked what I saw from Bass. I wanted to see more from Moore and Steamer but was disappointed that Doc didn't play them more and JJJ not at all.

As far as I'm concerned, we are looking at who wants to be on the team next year and maybe see some glimmer of hope from the new guys who are hungry to play. I actually got excited seeing AB playing great D against Nash and he stepped into his shots nicely. I could easily see him (given PT) developing nicely into a very good defensive-minded role player.

I'm not at all sure that Rondo would have made any difference in the outcome
    because our starters look like they have aged so markedly and have so little drive/pep. 

Where was Delonte when we needed him tonight to provide some leadership and continuity? Gone!

I can't imagine why Doc puts JON out on the floor at all.

DA will not let the ship drift for long. My guess is that he will stockpile young talent and draft picks... and try to make amends for the poor draft choices and questionable trades and signings he has made the past few years. Many have been WAY awful.

We are lottery bound... and that's perfectly okay with me.  My eyes are wide open and I hope that DA's are too.

I'm enjoying watching the college phenoms and wondering who might be wearing green sometime in the near future. We will certainly have plenty of holes to fill next season and in the foreseeable future.

I do feel badly for the Big Three on the verge of bowing out in such miserable circumstances... and don't want to watch the wheels come completely off. OUCH!!!

They deserve a better ending... as does the franchise.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

What I always say concord27.   Dooling is ok.   But most of the aquisitions DA gets are lousy.   Bad thing is that he is gonna be the GM to rebuild the Cs.   That means more Telfairs, JGreens or Gerald Greens.   DA can't judge talent.   Neither college or free agents.   Their is no McHale to save us from DA.   I've never drank the DA kool-aid.   His only all-star pick ups have been non-shooting RR and non perennial Big Al in ? 9yrs.   Avery Bradley starts pg when RR is hurt.   ONE assist!! (lol- in about 30min).   He doesn't even know how to play the position.   This is an example of the workings of DA!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    Thanks for your thoughts.  I do have sadness for the big three.  They played the game so beautifully just months ago.  It is one of the most amazing turnarounds I  have ever seen in sports.   It is like they all took the same potion and it wore off at the same time.

Don't feel too bad though these guys are so very well paid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I didn't have Rondo out of the floor to drive me crazy"

FYI that's a you problem not a Rondo problem. Admit it: you would rather us lose with Rondo out of the game (tonight) than win with Rondo in the game (our last game)...

Other than that it was one of your most sensible posts ever, keep it up!

Ainge signed some scrubs, clearly they are scrubs. Ainge has the arrogance to think he knows how to polish pennies better than the next guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing:
    [QUOTE]" I didn't have Rondo out of the floor to drive me crazy" FYI that's a you problem not a Rondo problem. Admit it: you would rather us lose with Rondo out of the game (tonight) than win with Rondo in the game (our last game)... Other than that it was one of your most sensible posts ever, keep it up! Ainge signed some scrubs, clearly they are scrubs. Ainge has the arrogance to think he knows how to pennies better than the next guy.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    DA supplied scrubs thinking his foundation was the big three.  Amazing that Doc and DA watching them erode in practices and games were as fooled as we were.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I'm willing to cut Marquis a break after what he went through last year.  It wasn't that long ago when he was starting in Indiana and playing pretty well.

The other guys...always have been scrubs and still are.  All would be okay as the end of the bench guys, but they are basically the core of our 2nd team. 

If something sparks the old guys and we're able to make a run I'll be happy to wait until season's end to break things up.  Clearly we're not winning it all, but it'd be fun to have one more playoff push with these guys.  If not, then break it all up and try to get something that resembles the Al Jefferson/Tony Allen led group that was able to transform into the 2008 Champs.

It's up to DA though.  The signings of Dooling, Wilcox, and Pavlovic don't give me a ton of hope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Dooling has been injured. When he does play, he looks decent. He played exceptionally well in the Miami game.

Wilcox has also been injured. When he plays, he's a poor man's Brandon Bass. I wouldn't mind trading him, but he's not a total waste as big man depth.

Pavlovic has nothing, plain and simple. Release him.

Daniels looks awful too. He commits dumb fouls and turns the ball over way too much. As another poster mentioned, we should give him the benefit of the doubt because of the catastrophic injury last year and the flashes of brilliance he displayed as a Pacer. But he should be behind the other SF/SGs on the depth chart until he improves his performance in practice and/or garbage time. Last night, in particular, he cost the Celtics a chance to come back against the Suns.

DA will not let the ship drift for long. My guess is that he will stockpile young talent and draft picks... and try to make amends for the poor draft choices and questionable trades and signings he has made the past few years. Many have been WAY awful.

The problem is that any deal the Celtics make now could hamstring their ability to add elite players in the upcoming free agent bonanza. It would be a bad idea to turn Garnett and Allen's expiring contracts into long-term commitments to mediocrity that decrease off-season roster flexibility. The only way the Celtics should trade expiring contracts for non-expiring contracts is if they're landing a franchise-caliber player they'd want to build around in return.

We are lottery bound... and that's perfectly okay with me.  My eyes are wide open and I hope that DA's are too.

This presents a second problem. As horrendous as the Celtics look at 5-9, they're only a game out of a playoff spot. If Rivers finds the right combination of players, even on the current roster, it wouldn't surprise me if the Celtics finish the year in the 7th or 8th spot, only to get destroyed in the first round against Miami or Chicago. That's the worst case scenario because then the Celtics don't even get the benefit of a chance at a top 3 pick. I actually think it's more likely that the Celtics squeak into the playoffs than miss them. There's too much talent and pedigree on this team to not improve at least a little bit.

If I'm Danny Ainge, I tank the season and stockpile draft picks and free agent flexibility. I make everyone on the roster available except for Paul Pierce. I care about loyalty and it still means something to me for a player to be a lifetime Celtic. Pierce is past his prime, but he's not ancient. He could still be a solid contributor on the Post-Big Three Celtics. I don't want him to ever wear another uniform. There's more than enough money and tradeable assets (Rondo) to surround Pierce with fresh talent.

One goal for this season should be to trade Garnett and Allen for expiring roster filler (or someone to amnesty) plus draft picks. The second goal should be to play the young guys. Build up their experience, even at the cost of games. I want to see a lot more of Bass, Stiemsma, Moore, and Johnson. All of them have impressed me in their limited minutes. Let's see what they can do with more regular playing time against starting units in non-garbage time.

Personally, I'm really optimistic about the future. Teams can turn their fortunes around in a hurry when they have draft picks and cap space. The Celtics are one of only a handful of teams in that position right now. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Celtics right back on top as soon as next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing:
    [QUOTE]This represents one third of the team.  What a pathetic group of signings Danny. All old, battered and injured they have brought nothing.  This team with JON starting another walking dead man is getting schooled by Gortat. Danny really did nothing, was this crew of injury plagued older players brought in to make us better? 

I bet we could package them with a number one pick and trade for a talented big man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing : I bet we could package them with a number one pick and trade for a talented big man.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You would lose that bet.......  nobody is giving up a talented BIG man for nothing - talented BIG men are the equivalent of an elite quarterback or an ACE on a pitching staff.... nobody is giving up one of them for a bunch of has beens / never was / never will bes.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Whio else would want any of the four? Did the Celtics disappoint another team by signing them? They might only be attractive to another if they wanted expiring contracts in the short-term, a very short-term. The only attractive contracts/players are KG and RA, then Rondo and Pierce, basically the core of the team. So it's either blow it up now (this season) or take the chance that they can find their collective way back to form that they had seven months ago. They still need a center no matter what happens. It's been their need for years and remains so until they go all out for someone capable of playing on both ends and playing with skill (O) and intensity (D).  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Whio else would want any of the four? Did the Celtics disappoint another team by signing them? They might only be attractive to another if they wanted expiring contracts in the short-term, a very short-term. The only attractive contracts/players are KG and RA, then Rondo and Pierce, basically the core of the team. So it's either blow it up now (this season) or take the chance that they can find their collective way back to form that they had seven months ago. They still need a center no matter what happens. It's been their need for years and remains so until they go all out for someone capable of playing on both ends and playing with skill (O) and intensity (D).  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder - "the form" they had 7 months ago was to sweep a Knicks team that they cannot beat now and then get summarily dismissed by a Heat team that is much better now than it was 7 months ago..... why would one want to go back to "the form" of 7 months ago......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I would keep Rondo and Ray Allen if he is willing to sign for a lot less and even KG. I would trade them though if they could get us a high draft pick but I don't think that will happen. If we have all those guys and a couple of first round picks and are able to attract a impact player we could rebuild without having to tank it for several years. Then when Pierce comes off the books we can add more talent. I don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs either but they could get on a roll and who knows. As you can see Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade are already missing a lot of games so injuries could play a factor in how far we go in the playoffs. Would like to see a run in the playoffs but i'm ready to rebuild also if we don't get some improvement or make a trade soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I would keep Rondo and Ray Allen if he is willing to sign for a lot less and even KG. I would trade them though if they could get us a high draft pick but I don't think that will happen. If we have all those guys and a couple of first round picks and are able to attract a impact player we could rebuild without having to tank it for several years. Then when Pierce comes off the books we can add more talent. I don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs either but they could get on a roll and who knows. As you can see Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade are already missing a lot of games so injuries could play a factor in how far we go in the playoffs. Would like to see a run in the playoffs but i'm ready to rebuild also if we don't get some improvement or make a trade soon.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

The Heat are undefeated without Wade and the Bulls keep winning without Rose... the Cs are bottomdwellers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I would keep Rondo and Ray Allen if he is willing to sign for a lot less and even KG. I would trade them though if they could get us a high draft pick but I don't think that will happen. If we have all those guys and a couple of first round picks and are able to attract a impact player we could rebuild without having to tank it for several years. Then when Pierce comes off the books we can add more talent. I don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs either but they could get on a roll and who knows. As you can see Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade are already missing a lot of games so injuries could play a factor in how far we go in the playoffs. Would like to see a run in the playoffs but i'm ready to rebuild also if we don't get some improvement or make a trade soon.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]
    And thier teams keep on winning......without them!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder, 
    Thanks for reminding us of the obvious. We all know the state of this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dooling, Wilcox, Pavlovic, and Marquis are giving us nothing : You would lose that bet.......  nobody is giving up a talented BIG man for nothing - talented BIG men are the equivalent of an elite quarterback or an ACE on a pitching staff.... nobody is giving up one of them for a bunch of has beens / never was / never will bes.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

DUDDER - IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Unless you can show me one time I have presented a trade resembling that AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder,  Thanks for reminding us of the obvious. We all know the state of this team.

Actually he thinks he is the only one who knows anything about the game.