Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics

In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Nah,it just makes me want to move back HOME more!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Lets hope it's sooner rather than later!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Lets hope it's sooner rather than later!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

Your lack of understanding of the game is exceeded only by your lack of any moral fiber as a human being.  I can see why you idolize koME.  You share that wonderful trait of despicable human being.
    Is that koME waving to the crowd in Colorado?  Looks like he's in a snow storm!

Stop stalking me, son!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Duke wrote:

"I got to thinking of how to make another comparison....let's take boxing.....say you are the manager of a heavyweight prize-fighter.....I am as well......your fighter has had more championship fights.....in fewer fights, my guy has one more title...so how to determine the best fighter? ....well, I guess it boils down to whether or not they faced each other.....in that case, since my fighter beat yours 9 times in 12 fights....end of story.....what else is there to discuss at that point?"

If you were talking about which boxer is better, of course there would be nothing more to discuss. But you are not talking about boxing or about how many times ONE individaul prize fighter has beaten another individual prize fighter. You are trying to make this "comparison" of two boxers with two basketball franchises that are both more than half a century old.

Your argument is flawed.

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Elias, I know it's not an apples to apples comparison pal.....my point is made to all the Laker fans who come over to our board and tout the Lakers as the premier franchise in league history......#2 absolutely......but Boston is #1......Hollinger cites the Lakers who have the most wins in league regular season history and a bunch of stars....but consider:

Celtics vs. Lakers all time regular season record.................Advantage: Celtics

Celtics vs. Lakers playoff records and winning percentage....Advantage: Celtics

Celtics vs. Lakers Championships.....................................Advantage: Celtics

Celtics/Lakers Finals winning percentages.........................Advantage: Celtics

Celtic/Lakers Hall of Fame players................ ...................Advantage: Celtics

Celtics/Lakers All time Top 50 list....................................Advantage: Celtics

Titles won in Boston/Los Angeles....................................Advantage: Celtics

Boston is 17-4 vs. the West in the Finals......Lakers are 16-15 vs the East....who has been more dominant in the Finals?  .....your earlier post on another thread states that the Lakers dominated the East in the '80's....5-3 is not dominant....and throughout the other decades....your team is 11-12 (6-12 counting only the LA years)......we are 9-3 vs. the Lakers and 8-1 vs. the other Western Finalists....how much more info do I need to post?

Oh....and your two greatest coach's (Riley and Jackson) have combined for  a total of 10 titles.....Red won 9 on his own....as Coach, GM, and Chief Scout........then won several more as GM....

.....just saying.......but I don't expect that you will change your opinion....and that's fine with me buddy.....this is like talking politics or religion......can get very interesting....I do enjoy your points/counterpoints.....you bring up many good ones my friend!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

You're right, we'll just have to agree to disagree but just know, I enjoy going on this discussion board to rebut guys like you (in a friendly way of course) who, in my opinion, attempt to dimish the Lakers acheivements of the past 30 years for the futile purpose of keeping alive a time that is long past when the Celtics owned the Lakers. That time has past and has been gone for a long time. You say it still exists, I'm always going to be like a thorn in your side reminding all you Celtics fans that that ship has sailed.

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

It will be a great day for Celtics fans everywhere when Bryant retires in 3 years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Elias, you and I are cut from the same mold buddy......we are just defending our ground.....I am not here to put down the Lakers great run these last 30+ years.....I am just defending the Celtics earlier dominance......which I was around to enjoy.....we should enjoy celebrating and debating each teams history......our history is intertwined and is the fabric of the NBA experience.....Peace my friend

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]It will be a great day for Celtics fans everywhere when Bryant retires in 3 years!

It'll be a great day for the Laker Nation when wheelchair.....oops that's right we don't care about wheelchair....he'll never go down as a great player like KB24!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Duke wrote: "I got to thinking of how to make another comparison....let's take boxing.....say you are the manager of a heavyweight prize-fighter.....I am as well......your fighter has had more championship fights.....in fewer fights, my guy has one more title...so how to determine the best fighter? ....well, I guess it boils down to whether or not they faced each other.....in that case, since my fighter beat yours 9 times in 12 fights....end of story.....what else is there to discuss at that point?" If you were talking about which boxer is better, of course there would be nothing more to discuss. But you are not talking about boxing or about how many times ONE individaul prize fighter has beaten another individual prize fighter. You are trying to make this "comparison" of two boxers with two basketball franchises that are both more than half a century old. Your argument is flawed.  
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

This coming from the same guy who said Jerry West played in MN!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]Elias, I know it's not an apples to apples comparison pal.....my point is made to all the Laker fans who come over to our board and tout the Lakers as the premier franchise in league history......#2 absolutely......but Boston is #1......Hollinger cites the Lakers who have the most wins in league regular season history and a bunch of stars....but consider: Celtics vs. Lakers all time regular season record.................Advantage: Celtics Celtics vs. Lakers playoff records and winning percentage....Advantage: Celtics Celtics vs. Lakers Championships.....................................Advantage: Celtics Celtics/Lakers Finals winning percentages.........................Advantage: Celtics Celtic/Lakers Hall of Fame players................ ...................Advantage: Celtics Celtics/Lakers All time Top 50 list....................................Advantage: Celtics Titles won in Boston/Los Angeles....................................Advantage: Celtics Boston is 17-4 vs. the West in the Finals......Lakers are 16-15 vs the East....who has been more dominant in the Finals?  .....your earlier post on another thread states that the Lakers dominated the East in the '80's....5-3 is not dominant....and throughout the other decades....your team is 11-12 (6-12 counting only the LA years)......we are 9-3 vs. the Lakers and 8-1 vs. the other Western Finalists....how much more info do I need to post? Oh....and your two greatest coach's (Riley and Jackson) have combined for  a total of 10 titles.....Red won 9 on his own....as Coach, GM, and Chief Scout........then won several more as GM.... .....just saying.......but I don't expect that you will change your opinion....and that's fine with me buddy.....this is like talking politics or religion......can get very interesting....I do enjoy your points/counterpoints.....you bring up many good ones my friend!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Yes, consider that the Celtics were only 17-47 in championship quest, while the Lakers were 16-46,  I don't see how missing the finals would be a credit to the Celtics. But heck, when you repeat it enough time like my 8-year old, it will become true.

So by your logic, the Celtics should be honored in the times they failed to make the finals. That's why this 17-4 and dominated the west. Do you think NBA success is only about dominating the other conference? So dominating your own conference does not count? The last I check, you have to win against BOTH conferences in order to be champs, do you realize that?

And one thing you conveniently slip: the NBA was a big-time league since the Bird/Magic era, a bush league during the Celtic glory years. That's why the basketall world consider the latter era more important than the earlier one. Guess who's considered the best player of all-time? who Red considered as the best Celtic of all-time? Why did Russell lose out even though he blew out both Jordan/Bird in # rings?

That's easy, because people consider the modern NBA more significant than the bush league NBA. In other words, the Lakers' 10-4 margin is much more significant than the Celtics' 13-6 margin.

Duke, you don't really think like a mature adult. How old are you? really?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Stop stalking me kobe!

You love Kobe and you know it!!

Enjoy the gif.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : This coming from the same guy who said Jerry West played in MN!

Seriously?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Seriously?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Very.  Alleged lakers expert Elias B, when arguing about how the lakers HAVE honored the MN teams, said, "West played in MN, and once a laker, always a laker."  Now, here's the funny part.  I called him on it (West was the first pick of the relocated franchise) and he used it AGAIN when speaking to Duke!!
    What a clown!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Very.  Alleged lakers expert Elias B, when arguing about how the lakers HAVE honored the MN teams, said, "West played in MN, and once a laker, always a laker."  Now, here's the funny part.  I called him on it (West was the first pick of the relocated franchise) and he used it AGAIN when speaking to Duke!! What a clown!

This from the guy who made claims that he was allegedly a teacher, but is always making posts on this forum when he should be in a classroom. A profligate liar like yourself should take your feigned outrage and stuff it. You have no room to be calling anyone out, hypocrite. You couldn't be more insignificant and petty if you tried.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Last chance sole remaining troll - stop stalking me - leave me alone - I'll even use the word please!

Oh poor you. Stalked? Yea, sure thing clown.

Former Minneapolis Laker Tommy Hawkins and Los Angeles Lakers VP Jeanie Buss today will dedicate a $25,000 outdoor basketball court in Carroll, Iowa, donated by the Lakers to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Minneapolis NBA team's emergency airplane landing in a snow-covered cornfield in Carroll. Also attending will be co-pilot Harold Gifford of Woodbury, the Des Moines Register reports.

Boo hoo, they don't acknowledge the Minneapolis titles enough. Idiots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Sugar Shane Moseley- welcome to the Laker Nation!!

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/09/13/shane.mosley/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Very.  Alleged lakers expert Elias B, when arguing about how the lakers HAVE honored the MN teams, said, "West played in MN, and once a laker, always a laker."  Now, here's the funny part.  I called him on it (West was the first pick of the relocated franchise) and he used it AGAIN when speaking to Duke!! What a clown!

That's funny. Some folks are so undereducated it's hilarious. We can all make gafs but that's a clanger. Epic fail!

Although we can't let it be said that some people have been successful in attempting to rewrite history to suit their needs! Historical revision time kids. Sadly it's normally on a scale that's larger than Basketball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : That's funny. Some folks are so undereducated it's hilarious. We can all make gafs but that's a clanger. Epic fail! Although we can't let it be said that some people have been successful in attempting to rewrite history to suit their needs! Historical revision time kids. Sadly it's normally on a scale that's larger than Basketball.

Having a conversation with yourself? Now that is extremely dorky.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

"dorky"

Now that's a word I haven't seen in a while.

Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]"dorky" Now that's a word I haven't seen in a while.
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

I suppose there is be a better word to describe someone having a make believe conversation with himself/herself on the Celtics board where the person kisses his/her own butt repeatedly. Dork summed it up at the time. Is this the best the Celtics fan base has to offer? Some dude playing a hermaphrodite on the board, having a fake conversation with himself? Wow!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : It is impossible, of course, that Worthy and I are both telling the truth, right?  An objective lakers fan on OUR Celtics board.  What a concept. Deal with this - I do not know how to download pictures, except the ones that come with the handle.  AND, if I did, I wouldn't put a picture of a laker on there.  IF I did put a picture of a laker on there, which I would never do, it would be Magic, not Worthy.

Wait a minute. Are you wanting to have a conversation, or are you going to cry stalker if I respond?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : When is Elias going to admit his ignorance for all to see! BTW - I think RUMcHale and give-in-to-it are the same person

That right there ladies and gentlemen is a classic case of projection.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, you may be that complete idiot and loser bobbarcker, but I haven't quite decided yet.  And NO, I don't want to have a conversation with you!

Then quit responding like you want to have a conversation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]OK, keep talking to  yourself.  You have the last three posts

You just had the last post, now I have the last post. I think you sub-consciously want to have a conversation with me, but you are in the closet about it. First you post, then you pull the posts, then you claim I am talking to myself. Its as if you are trying to pretend your quoted posts aren't included in mine. That is is some erratic behavior you are exhibiting. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : That's funny. Some folks are so undereducated it's hilarious. We can all make gafs but that's a clanger. Epic fail! Although we can't let it be said that some people have been successful in attempting to rewrite history to suit their needs! Historical revision time kids. Sadly it's normally on a scale that's larger than Basketball.

Should I wait for him to admit his error, or just keep laughing at him?