Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics

In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics:
    [QUOTE]I count 3 names in your list that are HOF material.....another one or two might develop.....how many are on my list? ....also, I implied players that are current starters right now....Shaq no longer qualifies...you keep asking me if I want to continue....first of all, you are on our team's board...this isn't like we went to the Laker board and started something....in addition, you have Laker fans disagreeing with you....Worthy may be a young gal but she knows what she is talking about....you are obsessed with arguing with Celtic fans on our own board.....you seem to have something driving your obsession....seems like rationalization to me.....whatever...I am done....enjoy your banners....including the ones that came in a league where a team could be outscored 3-1 in the final quarter....now there was basketball at its best!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke, you can take the torch.  I'm tired of "arguing" with this guy.  He just contradicts everything we say over and over and over and over again, then claims victory because we stop responding.  He is on ignore, but apparently too dumb to realize I can read his comments on other posts when he hits the "reply" button.
    How can one claim victory when neither side has conceded a thing, I ask you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I don't know why I even respond......his point about all of the great players because there are more jobs....then you look at some of the players that are in this league...as I said about Sasha....if the NBA continued to expand there would be more and more positions available...and guys who couldn't make today's league would now find a team....quantity does not equate to quality...I mean, he lists a handfull of centers in a 30+ team league.....and Yao, Amare, and "Big Z"?......c'mon......anyway.....I'm done....I'll continue to talk with posters like jofc, Worthy, and a few other Laker fans who can discuss the subjects without getting out of control...as I have said....there is no reason not to respectfully "agree to disagree"....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

All-time Lakers versus all-time Celtics ... guess who wins?

August 26, 2010 |  2:06 pm

Kobe_400 The Celtics may have a slight lead over the Lakers in NBA championships, 17-16, but which of the two storied franchises would win if their all-time best players and coaches squared off?

According to the Bleacher Report, it's the Lakers.

After comparing each team's all-time best players (at their peak), position by position, and doing the same with the coaches, the site gave the Lakers a 4-2 advantage.

The Lakers edge the Celtics at center ("Shaq playing at his peak level would be the most dominant force. Boston would have no one that could effectively stop him one-on-one"), shooting guard ("Behind Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Jerry West are the best shooting guards in the league's history"), point guard ("A great aspect of the Lakers' backcourt is its versatility. Besides Goodrich and Magic, Kobe and West would be perfectly adept at running the point") and coach ("While Auerbach is one of the greatest coaches in NBA history, Phil Jackson is arguably the best. ... Perhaps right behind Jackson and Auerbach in the annals of NBA coaching greats is Pat Riley.").

Boston gets the edge at power forward ("The power forward position is one of the weaker areas on the all-time Lakers team. By default, Pau Gasol is the best pure power forward in the team's history") and small forward ("Although the talent on the Lakers' side is impressive, Boston has a better counter punch. Larry Bird may be the best premier shooter in NBA history. ... Paul Pierce is another excellent all-around player for the Celtics").

Just some interesting summer reading ...

-- Chuck Schilken

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know why I even respond......his point about all of the great players because there are more jobs....then you look at some of the players that are in this league...as I said about Sasha....if the NBA continued to expand there would be more and more positions available...and guys who couldn't make today's league would now find a team....quantity does not equate to quality...I mean, he lists a handfull of centers in a 30+ team league.....and Yao, Amare, and "Big Z"?......c'mon......anyway.....I'm done....I'll continue to talk with posters like jofc, Worthy, and a few other Laker fans who can discuss the subjects without getting out of control...as I have said....there is no reason not to respectfully "agree to disagree"....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Well said.  It's like saying Babe Ruth would be a .250 hitter in today's game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wow........someone with an opinion wrote an article and picked the Lakers....hold on while I write my article (I have actually served as a reporter)......oh, never mind....I'll stick to reality....... first off.....this is like fantasy sports....imagine different players from different eras playing each other......kind of like the computer match between Ali and Marciano back in the late '60's....the computer picked the Rock........I'm ok with real life....as in Celtics 9....Lakers 3......real teams.....real games.....actual results....
    yes, the Celts got the edge early on......but really.....the teams have been very close since the '60s....3-2 I believe......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know why I even respond......his point about all of the great players because there are more jobs....then you look at some of the players that are in this league...as I said about Sasha....if the NBA continued to expand there would be more and more positions available...and guys who couldn't make today's league would now find a team....quantity does not equate to quality...I mean, he lists a handfull of centers in a 30+ team league.....and Yao, Amare, and "Big Z"?......c'mon......anyway.....I'm done....I'll continue to talk with posters like jofc, Worthy, and a few other Laker fans who can discuss the subjects without getting out of control...as I have said....there is no reason not to respectfully "agree to disagree"....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

How quickly people forget that Phil was FIRED by the lakers, wrote a book in which he totally threw koME under the bus, then used his girlfriend to get his old job back.

And who has been fined more for criticizing the officials than Phony Phil.

Oh yeah, real class act!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]wow........someone with an opinion wrote an article and picked the Lakers....hold on while I write my article (I have actually served as a reporter)......oh, never mind....I'll stick to reality....... first off.....this is like fantasy sports....imagine different players from different eras playing each other......kind of like the computer match between Ali and Marciano back in the late '60's....the computer picked the Rock........I'm ok with real life....as in Celtics 9....Lakers 3......real teams.....real games.....actual results.... yes, the Celts got the edge early on......but really.....the teams have been very close since the '60s....3-2 I believe......
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Do you think he gets permission for using all these pictures?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Duke, you can take the torch.  I'm tired of "arguing" with this guy.  He just contradicts everything we say over and over and over and over again, then claims victory because we stop responding.  He is on ignore, but apparently too dumb to realize I can read his comments on other posts when he hits the "reply" button. [/QUOTE]
    Well, let's see. I told you to get a job, and you directly replied to my post. Is that on "ignore" or "read his commnets on other posts when he hits the reply button"?

This is the tactic some cowards used when argued with me. They know they don't get a chance fighting venom with venom, so they would rather "ignore" me and respond thru' others' posts.

[QUOTE]
    How can one claim victory when neither side has conceded a thing, I ask you?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Simple, for someone who argued with me post for post, getting him to change this "fight venom with venom" tactic to "ignore", it means you are shut out in your arguments, i.e. you conceded by NOT responding and choose to do the wimpy way (ignore) instead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know why I even respond......his point about all of the great players because there are more jobs....then you look at some of the players that are in this league...as I said about Sasha....if the NBA continued to expand there would be more and more positions available...and guys who couldn't make today's league would now find a team....quantity does not equate to quality...[/QUOTE]
    So you still think the # jobs remains a constant until eternity? That's a laugh. Quantity does not equate to quality, but only a simplistic mind would think that quanlity remains a constant until eternity.

[QUOTE]
    I mean, he lists a handfull of centers in a 30+ team league.....and Yao, Amare, and "Big Z"?......c'mon......[/QUOTE]
    See, can dish it out but can't take it? When you are exposed with Zelmo Beaty not a HOFers, you claimed that you are listing only all-stars. Yet when Yao, Amare, Big Z are all-stars, what do you say?

[QUOTE]
    anyway.....I'm done....I'll continue to talk with posters like jofc, Worthy, and a few other Laker fans who can discuss the subjects
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    And I'll continue to bash this nonsense of Celtics failure didn't count if they fail to reach the finals. If you can't respond to that, wonderful...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]I'm ok with real life....as in Celtics 9....Lakers 3......real teams.....real games.....actual results.... yes, the Celts got the edge early on......but really.....the teams have been very close since the '60s....3-2 I believe......
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Well, real life? Celtics 9 Lakers 3? Did the Celtics and Lakers participate in 12 NBA seasons only?

The last I check, the Celtics played in 64 seasons, the Lakers 62. What happened to the other 50+ seasons? What's the total tally?

Real life is an illusion to you...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Well, let's see. I told you to get a job, and you directly replied to my post. Is that on "ignore" or "read his commnets on other posts when he hits the reply button"? This is the tactic some cowards used when argued with me. They know they don't get a chance fighting venom with venom, so they would rather "ignore" me and respond thru' others' posts. Simple, for someone who argued with me post for post, getting him to change this "fight venom with venom" tactic to "ignore", it means you are shut out in your arguments, i.e. you conceded by NOT responding and choose to do the wimpy way (ignore) instead.
    Posted by GlasgowRangers[/QUOTE]

STALKING is not arguing.  You cannot make a point with me, and you haven't for over a year.  You do not argue, that is the whole point.  And I cannot "argue" with someone who doesn't argue.  And the "venom" comment was not directed at you - you are just a bile driven stooge who makes martini look like a non-STALKER.  It is a very dangerous thing to STALK me, and I respectfully demand you stop.  You cannot win, make a point, or beat me - it's over.  I am a basketball fan, you are a lakers fan.  Same thing with Yankees fans.  They cannot see the big picture, just the pin-striped one:
    Big time NBA - invention of the shot clock - look it up
    lakers - never acknowledged properly the MN titles
    Boston - never lost on purpose to avoid the lakers - THE dumbest thing ever written on this forum.
    Greatest player ever - Bill Russell
    MJ is better than koME ever hopes to be
    The Gasol trade was illegal, and would never have been made if Bynum didn't get hurt!

Oh, yeah, you've won every argument we've ever had!!!  In your dreams!
    No one takes you seriously, you are only here for weekend laughs and STALKING some good posters.  What kind of a whiner is it who starts calling people names like Headless, telling posters to get a job, and then cries foul when it's done to them?  Oh yeah, LAKERS fans!
    Thanks for playing!  These threads will probably remain vacant now until the glass cow spews his bile-driven venom on us next weekend!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : STALKING is not arguing.  You cannot make a point with me, and you haven't for over a year.  You do not argue, that is the whole point.  And I cannot "argue" with someone who doesn't argue.  And the "venom" comment was not directed at you - you are just a bile driven stooge who makes martini look like a non-STALKER.  It is a very dangerous thing to STALK me, and I respectfully demand you stop.  You cannot win, make a point, or beat me - it's over.  I am a basketball fan, you are a lakers fan.  Same thing with Yankees fans.  They cannot see the big picture, just the pin-striped one: Big time NBA - invention of the shot clock - look it up lakers - never acknowledged properly the MN titles Boston - never lost on purpose to avoid the lakers - THE dumbest thing ever written on this forum. Greatest player ever - Bill Russell MJ is better than koME ever hopes to be The Gasol trade was illegal, and would never have been made if Bynum didn't get hurt! Oh, yeah, you've won every argument we've ever had!!!  In your dreams! No one takes you seriously, you are only here for weekend laughs and STALKING some good posters.  What kind of a whiner is it who starts calling people names like Headless, telling posters to get a job, and then cries foul when it's done to them?  Oh yeah, LAKERS fans! Thanks for playing!  These threads will probably remain vacant now until the glass cow spews his bile-driven venom on us next weekend!

See, when someone doesn't even know that Glasgow is, going with personal attacks, you really have nerve to post your accusation here. When someone is that upset with me along with personal attacks, I know full well that the basketball argument got to him. You are well aware of that but just have no guts to admit it.

And what kind of poster is that by telling people that he is not afraid to dish it out, fight venom with venom, yet when pushes comes to shoves, simply wimp out by "I am putting him on ignore"?

Your argument is shaky to say the least, but knowing that when you are challenged, you would cry mama.  Don't believe me? what about the "we have your numbers in the finals"? what about the "no Gasol if Bynum not hurt"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : You can write it in Irish for all I care. Are you dumb enough to think I am Scottish? Do you think people rooting for Manchester United are all from England? rooting for the Lakers are all Americans? You venom comment is not for me, but it's about your style of arguing. You can write that again in Ubzekistanish. And you can advise all you want, your continuous advices to others about me indicate just one thing: you are smarting that your style of argument is crushed here. Celtic forum allows lies and misinformation and all those nonsense from Celtic fans? That's nerve. Your argument is on quicksand, as in trying to convince people that a 5th seed team has no need to improve its roster. Maybe that's FACT in your fantasy world. Simple, because we own the league as much as you do, more so after the NBA hit big-time. So what's this argument of owning us in the Finals? You dare telling Michael Jordan you own him in the playoffs? Why not? I know you'll crawl back to look for therapy here. Is that what we call stalking? No sweat, I'll be here to give you therapy during the week, how's that?

Poor Hedley, getting walked on a leash like that. Research for that dude equates to making it up as he goes to suit his delusional process. When Hedley refers to sources, that is code for grabbing a cheek in each hand and slapping them together real fast till he gets his answer. Sometime he just asks BirdandCowens, his other "source."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Link?  Article? Press Conference?

Want me to go away, prove to me I'm wrong!

How do we know they didn't have another deal going - maybe for a point guard.  5th place teams are always looking to improve - that is true - what is also true is this particular trade would not have happened if Bynum didn't get hurt.  Perhaps if Fisher got hurt, you'd have Mo Williams or Chris Paul.  Perhaps if Odom got hurt you'd get Amare.............................there may have been other deals out there.  BUT, this trade, this one trade, this particular trade with Memphis for Gasol would not have happened if Bynum didn't get hurt!
    I'm tired of this, you can't prove what you say, and I can prove what I say!

I declare myself the winner- go fight another battle, this one is over - see you next weekend, if you're not banned by then!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I got to thinking of how to make another comparison....let's take boxing.....say you are the manager of a heavyweight prize-fighter.....I am as well......your fighter has had more championship fights.....in fewer fights, my guy has one more title...so how to determine the best fighter? ....well, I guess it boils down to whether or not they faced each other.....in that case, since my fighter beat yours 9 times in 12 fights....end of story.....what else is there to discuss at that point?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]what else is there to discuss at that point?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Who'd win a fight between Jack Nicholson and Steven Tyler? I'd have my money on Jack.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yep....hands down!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Link? Press Conference that teams would not stop to improve their team? Why do you think you need a link? Do you need a link to prove that teams play the game of basketball to win? And if you don't go away, I can't care less. As long as you have nothing to support your speculation, i.e. no Bynum injury, no Gasol, that's fine with me. No, the Ireland/Kupchak claims are not proof, because after the fact, they can say anything they want. Why not? Bynum's injury is not career-ending. Even if Bynum is hurt, they expected him to play with Gasol later that season, at the latest the playoffs (Bynum's first projected come-back). So why making the awesome frontcourt of Bynum and Gasol (as it is now) not an option? Yet you have no proof of that, not in the view of building a team, or the view of a strategic move. You have absolutely no proof of what you say, nothing that are in line with the normal operation of a basketball team. If you are tired of arguing against the common sense of basketball, then you should stop spouting such nonsense.

Find it odd that you want proof of everything I say, and yet you provide none.  You bore me, and I'm tired of going back and forth with someone who insists the Celtics lost on purpose because they were afraid of the lakers.  THE dumbest thing ever written on this forum.  I have provided my proof of my argument.  I don't know if they had another deal brewing, maybe they did.  But I do know that Gasol was not mentioned until Bynum got hurt - I live out here remember.  I listen to 710 AM every day.  NO mention of Gasol until Bynum got hurt. If you refuse to  accept my proof, fine, just say so and go on your merry way.  Stop stalking me and hurling insults at me because you don't agree.  Just say you don't agree, like an adult, and leave me alone.  You will not change my mind, I did my research - where is yours again?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

The Bynum injury only sped up the transfer.....whether this transfer is what the Lakers had in mind is not proven.

However, what is known is that Drew was out for the season and his impact can be seen in the numbers he was posting prior to the injury and the fact his body clogged the lane (as doc rivers rightly said in 09 when the Lakers beat boston in boston) and offered more length to a long Laker back court.

Bynum missed the Finals in 08, forced a positional change with Pau going to center, weakened the bench that already had an injured Ariza. The fact that the Lakers took 2 games off a healthy celtic team speaks volumes for their ability.

Turn the scenario around and take wheelchair and hands of stone out and play a healthy Laker team....Lakers in a sweep!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]The Bynum injury only sped up the transfer.....whether this transfer is what the Lakers had in mind is not proven. However, what is known is that Drew was out for the season and his impact can be seen in the numbers he was posting prior to the injury and the fact his body clogged the lane (as doc rivers rightly said in 09 when the Lakers beat boston in boston) and offered more length to a long Laker back court. Bynum missed the Finals in 08, forced a positional change with Pau going to center, weakened the bench that already had an injured Ariza. The fact that the Lakers took 2 games off a healthy celtic team speaks volumes for their ability. Turn the scenario around and take wheelchair and hands of stone out and play a healthy Laker team....Lakers in a sweep!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

Nope, it is known.  "Not a viable option until Bynum got hurt."  That's the information that I got.
    End of story!
    No injury to Bynum =  No Gasol trade!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Nope, it is known.  "Not a viable option until Bynum got hurt."  That's the information that I got. End of story! No injury to Bynum =  No Gasol trade!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

For someone who waves around a 130 IQ, you sure pick the most petty, irrelevant, and non-intelligent things to argue over ad nauseam. The Bynum injury was the impetus to make that trade when they did. That is all anyone outside the organization knows. Whether or not that trade would have happened at some point anyway is anyones guess. I doubt Mitch Kupchak turns down a legacy making trade like that one if it comes available at some point without the injury occurring. But who knows, certainly not you or I. What does it matter anyway? If you think you are justifying your ridiculous Bynum or Gasol nonsense, you aren't. That is still simpleminded idiocy regardless of this dopey arguement to nowhere. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Find it odd that you want proof of everything I say, and yet you provide none. [/QUOTE]
    And isn't it odd that you want me to prove the nature of the game, yet you provided none to back it up?

You want links? proofs? then show us why someone saying that what they do (against the nature of the game) is believable? Can you do it?

[QUOTE]
     You bore me, and I'm tired of going back and forth with someone who insists the Celtics lost on purpose because they were afraid of the lakers.  THE dumbest thing ever written on this forum.[/QUOTE]
    You are tired? I won't bet on it. Remember, you folks talked about this dumb thing of going 17-4 in the finals while ignoring all the times that the Celtics NOT making the finals, I still have the patence to educate you. So if you think your statement of "I am tired" will let you have the last say, go ahead and try it.

[QUOTE]
      I have provided my proof of my argument. [/QUOTE]
    And who recognized your proof as legit? No chance. The statement you quoted were garbage: a team that wants to win saying that they have no interest to improve? and that's proof?

Again, you have ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF.

[QUOTE]I don't know if they had another deal brewing, maybe they did.  But I do know that Gasol was not mentioned until Bynum got hurt - I live out here remember.[/QUOTE]
    So what? do they have to notify you everytime they talk about trades?

[QUOTE]
      I listen to 710 AM every day.  NO mention of Gasol until Bynum got hurt. [/QUOTE]
    Doesn't mean jack. Was Memphis offering Gasol before Bynum got hurt?

[QUOTE]
    If you refuse to  accept my proof, fine, just say so and go on your merry way.  [/QUOTE]
    OF courrse your proof is not acceptable. So the merry way was that the Celtics never beaten the healthy Lakers, because healthy Bynum + Gasol was possible. Are you going to accept that? good.

[QUOTE]
    Stop stalking me and hurling insults at me because you don't agree.  Just say you don't agree, like an adult, and leave me alone.  You will not change my mind, I did my research - where is yours again?

Your research was some hearsay that goes again the nature of the game. So where is your real research that goes in line with the game?

This is not about changing your mind. This is about demoting your research as nonsense.

If you think refuting your nonsense is stalking you, let me suggest, stop posting nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Nope, it is known.  "Not a viable option until Bynum got hurt."  That's the information that I got. End of story! No injury to Bynum =  No Gasol trade!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Total guesswork against the nature of the game. End of story.

No injury to Bynum  and Gasol trade cannot be exclusive. There is no fundamental principle to prevent both to happen, except some hearsay and Celtic fans fantasy...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Ahhh a wannabe Laker fan with inside knowledge. Join the Laker Nation and be part of the GREATEST BASKETBALL franchise of all time (ESPN, NBA,public opinion). Bleed Purple and Gold!

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dr Buss on Lakers/Celtics : Ahhh a wannabe Laker fan with inside knowledge. Join the Laker Nation and be part of the GREATEST BASKETBALL franchise of all time (ESPN, NBA,public opinion). Bleed Purple and Gold!

Nah,it just makes me want to move back HOME more!