Draft a BIG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Draft a BIG

Lets limit a discussion around who you'd pick at 16 for a big man. Pretend that the "best guy available" matra is a lie and the C's squarely want a Big.

Who knows who will be available, but lets say there's a chance that any of these guys could be there:

Adams

Plumlee

Zeller

Mitchell

Gobert

Olynyk

Dieng

How do these guys stack up on your draft board and why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: Draft a BIG

Dieng. He can come in right now and rebound, defend, set good screens and hit the ft line jumper.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

For me:

Zeller

Adams

Gobert

Mitchell

Dieng

Olynk

Plumlee

Zeller is just a good overall player and should be a lottery pick. If he falls, you got to take him. Adams and Gobert seem to be the best defensive players of the bunch who can protect the rim and get rebounds. Gobert may be redundant next to KG, idk...

Mitchell is the best athletic specimen of the group .. probably not a C though ... same with Olynk who isnt the big bad paint protector we are looking for.

Mixed feelings on Dieng... but I'd take him over Olynk or Plumlee who is just meh to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Len, Bennett and obviously Noel are all absolute lottery picks. If there's a 1% chance they fall to 16, you absolutley take any of these guys in a heartbeat.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Draft Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan too! 

Please!!! Draft the 16th best player available if you have the 16th pick. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I doubt Zeller will be there at #16 he should go top 10 easy in this draft. For some reason when I see him  I think of Christian Laettner. If he is that type of player, he may end up being one of the best from this draft.

If you are looking for a player ready to play the first year, I would guess Plumlee and Dieng are your picks IMO. but both have a ceiling as NBA back ups to me.

Adams and Gobert are Melo -2 as far as being NBA ready. While they both may have a  higher ceiling than Melo, they will be 2 year projects at best. Gobert could be something if he does work out though, you can't coach a 9-7 standing reach.

Olylnk's game may not translate well to the NBA. He has short arms and not a  lot of "athletic"ability....two bad things for NBA big men. He hasn't been a good rebounder in college either. all that mens he'll probably be the Celtics pick!!

Mitchell's  a PF in the NBA not a center, so I'll reserve that for the PF talk.

the only other centers who could go in the first round (besides Len who I think goes top 5) are L. Nogueira and J. Withey. Both a skinny backup types with Nogueira compared to R. Hollins and Withey compared to Travis Knight (for those that go back that far).

so thats my take and it's worth the price paid for it......Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Draft Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan too! 

Please!!! Draft the 16th best player available if you have the 16th pick. 

+1

Never draft out of need.  Always take the best player available.