Draft not that great

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Draft not that great

I see no K Durant, James, Dirk, Stockton, Malone, Bird, Magic, etc/  I just see a handful of good basketball players.  Most look like two to three year projcets before they fit with a team and before they discover their top games.  The guys are good, but don't get too excited about a great leap in wins.  Boston most likely will be lucky to draft # 4or 5.   And then we are looking at  years before the choice flops or blossoms.   Our best chance is to trade the draft choices and players for a top player, and that may not be possible.  Sullinger plus some # 1 draft choices might get a glance or two.  Danny will do his best but it will take some luck, like it did last time.  We do not even have a Paul Pierce to build around, we have a near all star point guard.  I think our coach is fine, he needs a couple of studs to put in the lineup.  Sullinger, Fav, Johnson, Hump, Rondo are about it.  Wallace and Bass are taking valuable playing time and we are still losing , so what is the point ?  Why are we playing them?  Have we became the old clippers just trying to sell players.  Release Wallace and Bass or sell em for what you can get.  Jeff Green just can not be #1 or #2 option.  Bradley is improving but too small and injury prone.  I like the Johnson, guy he works very hard and can rebound, defend, pass the ball, and make shots under pressure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Draft not that great

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see no K Durant, James, Dirk, Stockton, Malone, Bird, Magic, etc/  I just see a handful of good basketball players.  Most look like two to three year projcets before they fit with a team and before they discover their top games.  The guys are good, but don't get too excited about a great leap in wins.  Boston most likely will be lucky to draft # 4or 5.   And then we are looking at  years before the choice flops or blossoms.   Our best chance is to trade the draft choices and players for a top player, and that may not be possible.  Sullinger plus some # 1 draft choices might get a glance or two.  Danny will do his best but it will take some luck, like it did last time.  We do not even have a Paul Pierce to build around, we have a near all star point guard.  I think our coach is fine, he needs a couple of studs to put in the lineup.  Sullinger, Fav, Johnson, Hump, Rondo are about it.  Wallace and Bass are taking valuable playing time and we are still losing , so what is the point ?  Why are we playing them?  Have we became the old clippers just trying to sell players.  Release Wallace and Bass or sell em for what you can get.  Jerald Green just can not be #1 or #2 option.  Bradley is improving but too small and injury prone.  I like the Johnson, guy he works very hard and can rebound, defend, pass the ball, and make shots under pressure.

[/QUOTE]

Jerald Green?

How 'bout this;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kxxfcr2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Jerald Green?

How 'bout this;

You are crazy!

Alex Len, Okafor, and Bledsoe for Rondo and Jeff Green?

You really think the Suns front office people are a bunch of idiots?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I see no K Durant, James, Dirk, Stockton, Malone, Bird, Magic, etc/  I just see a handful of good basketball players.  Most look like two to three year projcets before they fit with a team and before they discover their top games.  The guys are good, but don't get too excited about a great leap in wins.  Boston most likely will be lucky to draft # 4or 5.   And then we are looking at  years before the choice flops or blossoms.   Our best chance is to trade the draft choices and players for a top player, and that may not be possible.  Sullinger plus some # 1 draft choices might get a glance or two.  Danny will do his best but it will take some luck, like it did last time.  We do not even have a Paul Pierce to build around, we have a near all star point guard.  I think our coach is fine, he needs a couple of studs to put in the lineup.  Sullinger, Fav, Johnson, Hump, Rondo are about it.  Wallace and Bass are taking valuable playing time and we are still losing , so what is the point ?  Why are we playing them?  Have we became the old clippers just trying to sell players.  Release Wallace and Bass or sell em for what you can get.  Jerald Green just can not be #1 or #2 option.  Bradley is improving but too small and injury prone.  I like the Johnson, guy he works very hard and can rebound, defend, pass the ball, and make shots under pressure.

[/QUOTE]

Jerald Green?

How 'bout this;

[/QUOTE]

We need a trade like that or one similar to it to jump start us.  If we Keep Rondo we can not wait for talent to develop over several years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jerald Green?

How 'bout this;

[/QUOTE]

We need a trade like that or one similar to it to jump start us.  If we Keep Rondo we can not wait for talent to develop over several years.

[/QUOTE]

Suns are thin at SF and could use Green. Rondo though not 100% yet s/b much better by playoff time and will be more effective with the Suns roster. Good trade for both teams as Suns get the All-Star they seek w/o a LT contract.

C's get another All-Star PG, a Center if he comes back healthy and another 2014 draft pick while guaranteeing a top lottery pick since neither Bledsoe or Okafor will be playing this year ... more D-Leaguers, Hahaha!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Seriously, the Suns have Goran Dragic locked up long term at PG.

Why would they want Rondo?

The Suns are thin at SF but that doesn't mean they'll give up Alex Len for Jeff Green.

That's not creativity, that's stupidity!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Ainge already said it, he's going to build through the draft.

The only moves he'll make, on or before the trade deadline, is if it gives the Celts more picks or if it allows the Celts to dump contracts. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Read on hoopshype that teams are calling Ainge trying to get Rondo on the cheap.

Any team that does that should be required to take Wallace as punishment!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Read on hoopshype that teams are calling Ainge trying to get Rondo on the cheap.

Rondo can stay until next season.

He helps the Celts' Tankapalooza!

HAHAHA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

great point! haha He should play 48 minutes a game this year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Then we have to keep him through next season also.  I can't imagine we make the playoff next year, might as well do it again with the help of Rondo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The OP is assuming 2 MAJOR fallicies of logic: 

1.  The point of a "strong draft" is that there is strong NBA talent from picks 1 -20+, not just in the lottery or 1-5 as in most drafts.  This draft is great and its too early to make a proclamation about whether or not we will see super stars arise from this group.

2.  It is not reasonable to expect that Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum, Gordon and others - ALL FRESHMAN, to come into the NBA and dominate in year one... they will all need some development.  Kobe averaged only 7.5 PPG and less than 1 assist and rebound in his first year in the NBA, doubled that to 15 PPG and 3 R/APG and only after 3 years did he emerge as a consistent 20 PPG scorer and star.  Jordon played 3 years in college before entering the NBA.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

I see no K Durant, James, Dirk, Stockton, Malone, Bird, Magic, etc/  I just see a handful of good basketball players.

[/QUOTE]

Great draft.... great dog.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Seriously, the Suns have Goran Dragic locked up long term at PG.

Why would they want Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

So he can share PG duties with Dragic has Bledsoe/Dragic did ... now they have Dragic/Barbosa ... any more questions?

The injury [to Bledsoe] puts more pressure on Dragic, who is averaging 19.1 points and 5.9 assists per game. To bolster the depleted backcourt, Phoenix signed Leandro Barbosa to a 10-day contract this week. The 31-year-old Brazilian, who also is coming off knee surgery ....     [signed for remainder of year since this story]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]

I see no K Durant, James, Dirk, Stockton, Malone, Bird, Magic, etc/

[/QUOTE]

I get your point and you might be right with it, but Dirk and Stockton don't belong in that list as they have been projects as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If you can assess NBA drafts ahead of time to that extent you should quit your day job. 

You're also looking at this the wrong way. Draft picks are pieces. You don't win championships without them. 

As in: trading Jeff Green (number five pick) for Ray Allen and then trading another well drafted player for KG and he joins a third good drafted player (but not a top pick) Paul Pierce and voila, championship caliber team.

Sure, nothing is guaranteed - except that for the Celts the draft is the only way back to the top

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

They are set at PG with Bledsoe.  Dragic has been moved playing more SG.  Rondo isn't a potential home for them but Green and Bradley may be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jerald Green?

How 'bout this;

[/QUOTE]

His name is Gerald Green.Drafted by the celtics.Lots of potential.Finally after 6-7 years he matured and is playing good baslketball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Ainge already said it, he's going to build through the draft.

The only moves he'll make, on or before the trade deadline, is if it gives the Celts more picks or if it allows the Celts to dump contracts. 

Dump contracts like Bradley!

If the Celtics, who are looking to clear cap room, can find takers for Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green and Avery Bradley, “they’re gone,” Broussard says. It’s not a surprise that GM Danny Ainge would be quick to unload Wallace, but his apparent enthusiasm for moving Green and Bradley is noteworthy.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/01/broussards-latest-carmelo.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are set at PG with Bledsoe.  Dragic has been moved playing more SG.  Rondo isn't a potential home for them but Green and Bradley may be.

[/QUOTE]

I just read that the Lakers are considering a big bid in RFA but that the Suns would match whatever was offered so yes, take Bledsoe off the table.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jerald Green?

How 'bout this;

[/QUOTE]

His name is Gerald Green.Drafted by the celtics.Lots of potential.Finally after 6-7 years he matured and is playing good baslketball.

[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to Jeff Green not being a first option, no?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Through the Draft then, Rondo will be 40 before we are ready, but I am thinking trade to jumpstart us or mabey Rondo is gone.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So he can share PG duties with Dragic has Bledsoe/Dragic did ... now they have Dragic/Barbosa ... any more questions?

The injury [to Bledsoe] puts more pressure on Dragic, who is averaging 19.1 points and 5.9 assists per game. To bolster the depleted backcourt, Phoenix signed Leandro Barbosa to a 10-day contract this week. The 31-year-old Brazilian, who also is coming off knee surgery ....     [signed for remainder of year since this story]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really that stupid?

Barbosa is just getting the vet's minimum.

You're a fool if you think the Suns would want to pay both Dragic and Rondo big money.

I guarantee you, Rondo and Jeff Green for Alex Len, Eric Bledsoe, and Okafor will not happen!

[/QUOTE]

... they would be renting until/if they extend his contract. Right now he's getting a reasonable salary and Suns have $5MM in cap space so they can take on that much more than they send out. Duh!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

... they would be renting until/if they extend his contract. Right now he's getting a reasonable salary and Suns have $5MM in cap space so they can take on that much more than they send out. Duh!!!

If you're so confident something like that happens, will you admit to being wrong and make a thread about how wrong you were if Rondo does NOT end up with the Suns at the trade deadline?

Or you will tuck your tail between your legs and walk away after this post?