Draft Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Draft Picks

Net Daily: Next six years, Nets have three first rounders; Lakers have three; Heat have five; Knicks have four; Celtics have 10 (3 Nets, 1 Clippers). Twitter @NetsDaily

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#QjpKRvZj2tkbDjFI.99 

Slow news day ... but I couldn't help smiling at this tweet. Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: Draft Picks

"With the first, second, third, fourth and fifth picks in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 drafts, the Boston Celtics select......EVERYONE!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

"With the first, second, third, fourth and fifth picks in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 drafts, the Boston Celtics select......EVERYONE!"

The only high end picks will be the celtics own.   All the other picks will be late 1st rounders.  Unless that Russian randomly runs out of money or dies.

It will be more like "with the 5th, 25th and 27th picks...."

And I can't imagine DA hanging on to every pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

The only high end picks will be the celtics own.   All the other picks will be late 1st rounders.  Unless that Russian randomly runs out of money or dies.

[/QUOTE]

I think our 2016 NJ first rounder will be a lottery pick. PP and KG will have an impact in 2014, but I see them deteriorating considerably in 2015 but still on the payroll.  We also can swap picks in 2017 if they still stink.  2018 is too far away to project.  

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Danny packaged some of these picks to get a high impact player or two in upcoming drafts.       

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

We'll end up with another pick for rondo hopefully. And use some of those picks in deals to move up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think our 2016 NJ first rounder will be a lottery pick. PP and KG will have an impact in 2014, but I see them deteriorating considerably in 2015 but still on the payroll.  We also can swap picks in 2017 if they still stink.  2018 is too far away to project.  

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Danny packaged some of these picks to get a high impact player or two in upcoming drafts.       

[/QUOTE]

Why do you think the Nets will just give up after PP and KG are gone?  They have one of the wealthiest and unscrupulous owners in the league, no longer have the draft picks to build on so they will try to get better through free agency and trades not tanking, and they will still have Dwill, JJohnson, and Lopez, AND they will have $$ to play with when those two are gone.

Pp and KG are role players on that team, not the be all end all like they were here.  Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston1988. Show LegendofBoston1988's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you think the Nets will just give up after PP and KG are gone?  They have one of the wealthiest and unscrupulous owners in the league, no longer have the draft picks to build on so they will try to get better through free agency and trades not tanking, and they will still have Dwill, JJohnson, and Lopez, AND they will have $$ to play with when those two are gone.

Pp and KG are role players on that team, not the be all end all like they were here.  Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most that was said above, however the Celtics will be just fine. Having all those picks Danny will use a few of them to move up and draft a high impact player in the 2014 draft. Andrew Wiggins anyone ?  He has started building a very solid team around Rondo and Green. I don't see either of them being moved UNLESS Rondo doesn't get along with Stevens. I actually think the Celtics are putting themselves in the best position moving both KG and Pierce. Just hated seeing them go to division rivals. The rebuilding proccess is already taking shape, and after next season, I believe the Celtics will be primed to make a good playoff run. I wouldnt even be surprised if they can stay healthy this year, they make a run at the 8th seed. Any thoughts on this ?