**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

I think it would be easier to talk college bball and draft propects all on one thread!

just an idea here to make it easy to find draft talk

below I'm pasting my top 15, which i posted in an eariler thread, which is subject to change as the guys continue to play throughout the next two months

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. Embiid, keeps impressing as time goes on. Freak athlete

2. Parker, great scorer and a good rebounder like someone stated in another thread, reminds me of Pierce a little. not too fast but gets it done

3. Wiggins, doesn't seem to take over games as much as he should but when he does get hot, look out. its all about effort with him

4. Randle, Zach Randolph 2.0? i think possibly to yes. he's a bull and meant that in a good way. he's effective

5. Exum, great athlete and big for a PG. dont know much about him seen little tape but seems like could be a star or even bust. can be a scorer or ballhandler, versatile

6. Smart, yes inconsistent $hooter but has great fire and intensity which I like and he is a bull and can get to the line anytime. good defender as well.

7. Hood, good size and attacker. left open can hit a $hot. will be a good NBA SF.

8. Vonleh, raw talent but good athlete. good defender and bounder. he's a homeless man's Embiid imo

9. Selden, probably higher than most people have him but I like the kid. he can flat out score and make plays. he's smooth to me as well.

10. Ennis, MCW 2.0? I say, better. He can $hoot better than MCW and can handle pressure

11. Gordon

12. Cauley-Stein

13. Payne

14. McDermontt

15. Harris

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Big day for college Bball today:

OkSt- Smart, Brown, Nash

Baylor- Austin

Kansas- Embiid, Wiggins, Seldon

Duke- Parker, Hood, Cook

Syracuse- Ennis, Grant, Fair

Kentucky- Randle, Young, Cauley-Stein

MSU- Appling, Harris, Payne

all are on TV today!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

joe,  is this the same post as your previous "top 10"?  Anyway, it would be very convenient to track the ideas, perspectives, and information on one single thread.  

However, most posts inevitably get hyjacked by our resident troll Fiercy (think Rusty) who has been banned multiple times for turning any basketbll discussion into an immature exercise in personnal baiting and tuanting.  So we should all be prepared to report him to the Mod if he sidetracks your effort and trys to turn this thread into his own demented litter-box.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yes it is actually. just to get the thread started. I thought it'd be good to start with that, then we could all roll from there.

I hope that does not happen.  I hate when threads go downhill.

I just think this will be easier

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Where do you guys have Anderson of UCLA and the Greek Freak, part deux??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I reeally liked Anderson last year with Shabazz and J. Adams. I haven't got to see too much of UCLA this year but seen some of him and I'd say late round 1 probably early round 2. Maybe moves up if he can lead UCLA far

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I reeally liked Anderson last year with Shabazz and J. Adams. I haven't got to see too much of UCLA this year but seen some of him and I'd say late round 1 probably early round 2. Maybe moves up if he can lead UCLA far

[/QUOTE]

Might he be worth our second selection?  Parker and Anderson!  One "sure thing", and one project who will be better than our last FAB project!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

man that would be nice. I love Parker, reminds me some of PP...

I don't know about Anderson. I dont know if he stays until the thirties. I would rank him in the high 20s low 30s in a big board mainly becuase he was so hyped cominng out and hasn't produced as expected but jeez the kid has the size and the talent.

if we got him in the second round i would be thrilled, but for other teams it willl be tough to pass on him in the 20s with the natural game he has

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

jeeeez. the more I watch Markell Brown the more impressed I am with him.

athlete is the lone word to describe him and he has a jumper too he can $hoot it

I really like Smart, Brown and Nash

Smart- top 5

Brown- late first

Nash- mid second

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

man that would be nice. I love Parker, reminds me some of PP...

I don't know about Anderson. I dont know if he stays until the thirties. I would rank him in the high 20s low 30s in a big board mainly becuase he was so hyped cominng out and hasn't produced as expected but jeez the kid has the size and the talent.

if we got him in the second round i would be thrilled, but for other teams it willl be tough to pass on him in the 20s with the natural game he has

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but right now we don't have a second round pick......also I'd like the Greek Freak if we got a second rounder

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Anderson is moving up on the draft board.  Its especially significant to evaluate how he does against elite competition.

His game against Duke and Parker - 15 points;  10 rebounds;  7 asists; 5 steals

His game against Arizona and Gordon - 16 points,  11 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals

I think talent wise, he should go in the early 20s at the latest, not second round... but this draft is so front loaded with small forwards that team needs at that position will be satistfied by then.  so he could be a very nice pickup by the Celtics for our SF if we pick Embiid, Smart or Exum with our first pick.

Given high priority positional needs, I can't see Danny taking a SF with both our first and second picks and definitely not if Green is still on the roster.  Although I do see Danny getting more picks in this draft before the smoke clears. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

joe,  is this the same post as your previous "top 10"?  Anyway, it would be very convenient to track the ideas, perspectives, and information on one single thread.  

However, most posts inevitably get hyjacked by our resident troll Fiercy (think Rusty) who has been banned multiple times for turning any basketbll discussion into an immature exercise in personnal baiting and tuanting.  So we should all be prepared to report him to the Mod if he sidetracks your effort and trys to turn this thread into his own demented litter-box.  

Really?

You predicted a blockbuster trade happening this week and when it didn't happen, you're going to accuse me of being a troll?

HAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yep Eldunker that's why I said he may be lower than his talent actually is. this is a loaded draft with more talent rising than falling and the SF position is stacked

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

yep Eldunker that's why I said he may be lower than his talent actually is. this is a loaded draft with more talent rising than falling and the SF position is stacked

[/QUOTE]

This is the best draft that I have ever seen.  I think Danny is downplaying it to get more picks, which he will.  There will be some serious talent (especially at SF) in the second round.  I'de like to see us with 3 firsts and 1 second rounder.   Phoenix is sitting on 7 picks and can't use them all!!    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[/QUOTE]

This is the best draft that I have ever seen.  I think Danny is downplaying it to get more picks, which he will.  There will be some serious talent (especially at SF) in the second round.  I'de like to see us with 3 firsts and 1 second rounder.   Phoenix is sitting on 7 picks and can't use them all!!    

[/QUOTE]

agreed and i think DA will get more picks. i wouldnt mind him even loading up on 2nd rounders, the talent in this draft is insane imo. there are many 2nd roudners who could make our roster tmrw

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

See that, Mployee?

People here believe Ainge will get more picks!

Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes Celtic players yet?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Kansas getting killed... surprising.

Wiggins 1-11, not looking good.

Embiid 3-9, ouch. Ridley handling him. real telling game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Kansas getting killed... surprising.

Wiggins 1-11, not looking good.

Embiid 3-9, ouch. Ridley handling him. real telling game

Remember, Embiid will just be 20 years old next month and Wiggins will turn 19 later this month.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Remember, Embiid will just be 20 years old next month and Wiggins is still 18 years old.

[/QUOTE]

yep I know. Wiggins does this, just doesn't "bring it" some days.

to me Embiid was handled today by a BIG body in Ridley which is telling.. he may struggle vs. thick guys which isnt a + for a top 3 pick

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

yep I know. Wiggins does this, just doesn't "bring it" some days.

to me Embiid was handled today by a BIG body in Ridley which is telling.. he may struggle vs. thick guys which isnt a + for a top 3 pick

That's why Embiid is perfect for a pairing with Jared Sullinger.

If we have Sully, Oly, and Embiid, we are "golden" for the next 10-12 years!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why Embiid is perfect for a pairing with Jared Sullinger.

If we have Sully, Oly, and Embiid, we are "golden" for the next 10-12 years!

[/QUOTE]

s h i t you're right. I didn't think of it that way. Sully is huge. one of the biggest lower bodies in the league that is a good complement.

Oly needs to get more consistent and we're golden

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

s h i t you're right. I didn't think of it that way. Sully is huge. one of the biggest lower bodies in the league that is a good complement.

Oly needs to get more consistent and we're golden

Reason why Oly is not consistent is because he gets overpowered by the bigger NBA bigs.

Once he spends one summer in the weight room, we'll see the Dirkish Kelly Olynyk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Embid is gonna fill out quick anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:

Agreed...and I don't think he's finished collecting #1's for this draft either...

Mployee will tell you our #1s are Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes.

HAHAHA