Dream Team VS 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dream Team VS 2012

Just wondering your thoughts on Kobe and Lebron's quotes that they could beat the real dream team?  I know any team can win a game when you get to that talent level.  Personally I think the original dream team would beat 2012  eight games to two, or maybe even nine games to one in a ten game series. 

BTW in case you didn't know you can watch the olympics live via streaming video as I am watching the US basketball team VS France now. http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/video-watch.html?video=mens-group-a-united-states-vs-france

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Dream Team VS 2012

One thing I have noticed is the NBA players are not getting the "superstar" calls.  Thats kind of refreshing to see them play by the same rules the regular guys play by.  Chris Paul just got called for palming, you could see the look of disbelief on his face.

On another note,  Rondo could have helped this team a lot.  Someone that gets the ball to open guys.  Of course I am talking about the Rondo at the end of last year and the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Dream Team VS 2012:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering your thoughts on Kobe and Lebron's quotes that they could beat the real dream team?  I know any team can win a game when you get to that talent level.  Personally I think the original dream team would beat 2012  eight games to two, or maybe even nine games to one in a ten game series.  BTW in case you didn't know you can watch the olympics live via streaming video as I am watching the US basketball team VS France now. http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/video-watch.html?video=mens-group-a-united-states-vs-france
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

If you have comcast cable it is on channel 48.  This channel was called Versus, (where you watch some hockey games when they weren't on NESN). 

Although, the current US team is talented they wouldn't win many games against the Dream Team.  I believe that some of the games wouldn't even be close. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Dream Team VS 2012:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering your thoughts on Kobe and Lebron's quotes that they could beat the real dream team?  I know any team can win a game when you get to that talent level.  Personally I think the original dream team would beat 2012  eight games to two, or maybe even nine games to one in a ten game series.  BTW in case you didn't know you can watch the olympics live via streaming video as I am watching the US basketball team VS France now. http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/video-watch.html?video=mens-group-a-united-states-vs-france
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Dream team was far superior then 2012 team. Dream team had top 3 players of all time, Bird-Jordan and Magic .

2012 team will not win the Gold maybe Silver but will lose at least 1 game.I hereby pick Argentina or Spain will win the Gold.

Run

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We don't have Comcast in my neck of the woods.  I agree there would probably be some blowouts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Dream Team VS 2012:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dream Team VS 2012 : Dream team was far superior then 2012 team. Dream team had top 3 players of all time, Bird-Jordan and Magic . 2012 team will not win the Gold maybe Silver but will lose at least 1 game.I hereby pick Argentina or Spain will win the Gold. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

I think we will win it. We SHOULD win it.  The only way we lose is if Kobe goes into one of his Me Ball modes and shoots us out of it.  I think coach would get him about before he does it though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

wow a charging foul on Lebron.  He couldn't believe.  It was the right call and would never be called in the NBA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Doc Rivers is on the broadcast.  How awesome is that? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Doc Rivers is on the broadcast.  How awesome is that? 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I have it more awesome.  No announcers at all.  That is great.  Rivers would be ok though.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In the Finals, Lebron played 46 minutes in Game 1 and 44 minutes in Game 3 and he only got 1 foul in each of those games. Right now he has 2 fouls in 18 minutes. No NBA refs to protect Lebron. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Too bad thee officiating isn't like this in the NBA.  I wish the called the palming, traveling, etc like they should. Of the many things Kobe gets by with,  the one that bothers me the most is how he is allowed to pivot and by the time he is through dancing around and getting the position he wants, his original pivot foot is 6 feet from where it started.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In the Finals, Lebron played 46 minutes in Game 1 and 44 minutes in Game 3 and he only got 1 foul in each of those games. Right now he has 2 fouls in 18 minutes. No NBA refs to protect Lebron. Ha Ha

But remember, "I know how to play basketball, and I don't foul out of games."

That was classic!!  He got NONE called on him after that "statement"

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dream Team VS 2012 : True. Unfortunately superstars are the ones that make the NBA a lucrative business. It is what it is.

They would still be superstars, no need to give them more.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well Doc said tonight that with both teams in their prime that the real Dream Team would win.  He didn't want to insult them and say how bad.

BTW why is Kobe starting? Probably because his ego couldn't handle it.  Put Westbrook with Paul and think how fast we would be.  Durant andd Lebron are definitely the Players on this team.  I would be worried without either one of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/basketball/story/2012-08-04/usa-men-basketball-lithuania-olympics-london/56782062/1

so much for this argument....ha.ha..ha...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

You just have to look at the matchups...Malone/Robinson would CRUSH Love/Chandler. The original dream team also had the ability to go really big, or really small depending on the situation. The current guys can't do that. Honestly, I'd give the original team playing today a chance to put up at least 40 against these guys. Granted the current team would put up close to 200, but with the pure shooting strokes some of those guys had...that doesn't go away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The '92 team would never have allowed Lithuania, or anyone else, to play them that close. Hopefully this game serves as a wakeup call that the US needs to take its opponents seriously. I could definitely see the US losing to Argentina, Spain, undefeated Russia, even Brazil (because of its size up front), although the US still obviously remains the favorite to win gold. I just don't expect utter domination in the knockout rounds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]You just have to look at the matchups...Malone/Robinson would CRUSH Love/Chandler. The original dream team also had the ability to go really big, or really small depending on the situation. The current guys can't do that. Honestly, I'd give the original team playing today a chance to put up at least 40 against these guys. Granted the current team would put up close to 200, but with the pure shooting strokes some of those guys had...that doesn't go away.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am hung over but I am having a hard time with the last half of your post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I was just saying that the guys from the 92 team were so good, they would still be able to manage 40 points against this team if the 92 team faced the 2012 team today, in 2012. They would have no chance of winning obviously, they haven't actually played in 10-15 years each and would get run up and down the floor. But I think they'd manage to put up some scoring .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I was just saying that the guys from the 92 team were so good, they would still be able to manage 40 points against this team if the 92 team faced the 2012 team today, in 2012. They would have no chance of winning obviously, they haven't actually played in 10-15 years each and would get run up and down the floor. But I think they'd manage to put up some scoring .
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I get it now.  Just thinking about it,  I am not sure how much they could score. That many years it might be difficult to deal with that speed.    Funny we are sitting here talking about how the Dream Team would fare after 15 years of inactivity.  I know one thing for sure. If 92 team played 1012 at their peaks and I had to bet my house,  I know where my money would be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Oh without a doubt. But I think that pure shooting from Bird, Mullin, etc...that doesn't go away. they may not get a single layup...almost definitely no dunks....maybe no 3's at all...but that midrange straight up shooting ability is something you have forever.