Dribs and drabs I've picked up....................your thoughts welcome!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Dribs and drabs I've picked up....................your thoughts welcome!!

1.  Contraction? - No way!  I just read an article that says while no one actually knows the Weasel's salary, it is estimated he receives 500K annually  PER TEAM, before bonuses kick in!  No wonder he wants to expand overseas!!
    2.  Kudos to Spencer Hawes for calling out the Weasel.  He said yesterday via twitter (no, I don't have it), that he thinks it stinks the commish is asking for the players to take a cut, while no one is asking him to.  Today, Weasel announced he will  not take a salary during the lockout.  Gee, Dave, thanks!
    3.  Weezy told the owners not to worry about the players playing overseas - it's all just a ploy.  Wondering if some teams will get paid to NOT take players, if you know what I mean.
    4.  Looks like if the Union decertifies, then the league wants ALL contracts null and void.  The owners are really playing hardball here, ladies and gents.  It's different than the NFL, because very few owners lost money in the NFL.  With the GS Warriors being sold for 250 million, how can that owner possibly make money this year?  ZERO progress made yesterday, it actually seems worse, and I'm not at all optimistic we'll be seeing any NBA this year.
    5.  Bryant is looking for 1.5 mill PER MONTH from the Turkish team.  It says here he's just toying with them and doesn't go, which will do what to his rep? (seriously asking here?).  OR, he could alienate a very loyal LA fan base of Armenians and go play in Turkey.  A few of my students have told me they will lose a lot of respect for Bryant if he ever plays in Turkey.
    6.  He is not our problem, so let's talk about the ones we could lose overseas:
    Bradley - is there a walking, talking reason to stay in school longer than this kid?  I am HAPPY he is going overseas.  I hope he goes to a horrible team, starts and improves every aspect of his game....DA has stuck his neck out for this kid.
    7.  Moore - same for this guy.  Isn't there always a reason a guy slips this much?  Go over and play, and come back better.
    8.  HE SAID IT - yes he did, Glen BB Davis has "Mo Vaughned" us.  Saying he was considering playing overseas, Baby said....drumroll please....."It's not about the money, it's about playing the game we love."  I can hear Pedro Martinez giggling in the background.  On the bright side, Davis also said his #1 priority after the lockout was to re-sign with the Celtics.  That should make some on the board very happy.......................I still say one year and one year only.
    9.  Question 1 - if there is no season, how do you think the lottery will work next year?.....I see NO WAY Weasel lets us get in.........
    10 Question 2 - if  11 mill is the new max, what happens to the current salaries? I can't see Bryant going from 30 to 11...therefore, I can't see it at all!

Your thoughts are welcome -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Dribs and drabs I've picked up....................your thoughts welcome!!

The contracts will probably have to be either pro rated...or given some kind of scale against the cap  until they re- up....The new max should be for all new contracts.. other wise, every body would have to redo their contracts.. can't see that happening...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Dribs and drabs I've picked up....................your thoughts welcome!!

Picked the wrong title for this thread, I guess.  It's morphed into 3 different threads today!!