Duke (4) vs Kansas (5)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Duke (4) vs Kansas (5)

I feel like the team that picks embiid will get screwed.  It will take him 3 years to be nba-ready, and then he'll be a free agent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Embiid will fall out of the top 10. I think a team that hasn't yet come to grips with the reality that they are a rebuilding team (looking at you ATL) will snag him. My bet has always been Atlanta sells its assets (Horford) for picks this year.

I think its already clear that both Parker and Randle are superior TODAY than Wiggins. I know we have ton of PFs, but Randle is a BEAST. Like I had said before in another post, I have a hunch that we may see a Randle-Cousins frontcourt, just beacause that would be unstoppable offensively.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I don't get why people are hammering Wiggins. Kid was in foul trouble and sat out a lot of the first half. Still ended up with 22 points (9-15 shooting) and 8 boards in 25 min. Parker had 27 (9-18) and 9 boards in 33 min. Pretty similar. Wiggins ended up guarding Parker because he was the only one on the floor that could.

I've always liked Wayne Selden, and last night bumped him up a few notches in my book. Has GREAT court vision and could be a solid combo guard.

Marcus Smart last night had a great game too. 14 points (5-12, 4-10 from 3 - he needs more numbers like that from 3), 5 boards, 4 assists, 9 STEALS. Already has the NBA body.

CJ Fair and Jerami Grant with killer games for the Orange last night. Fair 26 points (9-17) and 6 boards. Grant 16 points (6-12) and 10 boards (7 OFFENSIVE).

Montrezl Harrell had a super-efficient offensive night. 19 points on 7-9 shooting and perfect 5-5 from the line. Intriguing 6'8" prospect. Probably didn't score as much because Russ Smith dropped 30.

Last night was quite the stage for all of this college talent. I was in heaven. So many first rounders in action. Had the laptop and TV going to maximize the amount of games I could see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Who knows, maybe this is the year that you can get an impact player all the way down toward #20.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and this year's sleeper - Duke SF 6'8" Rodney Hood.  Who could be our second pick in the first round.  

he's good also. is he a freshman or sophomore?

[/QUOTE]

Transferred as a freshman from Mississippi State. 

[/QUOTE]

So, he's really a Junior. He lost a season in transferring. In recent years the top prospects have been freshmen and for good reason. Freshmen who excel at the college ranks become great in the NBA. Hood is a good shooter, but is meh on the boards and is a bad ball handler (worse than 1:1 Ast/TO). On D, he's not much of a blocker and has a low steal rate. Has a career 15.7 PER. He's nothing special.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was very impressed with Parker.  Wiggins may have a little Jeff Green in him.  Randle is a beast.  I think Parker is the best of the lot, though.  Mark my words - steer clear of Embiid.  He's a project and a half.

[/QUOTE]

Agree that Parker is the best of the 3.

It would be nice to get Embiid if the Celts acquire another pick in the top 8.

[/QUOTE]

Embiid is raw with a capital R, though.

[/QUOTE]

Embiid's biggest problem is Bill Self, who will likely keep his minutes down. I hope that won't prevent him from declaring.

That "raw" player put up 5 assists, 7 rebounds, and a block in 20 minutes against Duke.

If the Cs wind up with Embiid, I will be doing cartwheels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was very impressed with Parker.  Wiggins may have a little Jeff Green in him.  Randle is a beast.  I think Parker is the best of the lot, though.  Mark my words - steer clear of Embiid.  He's a project and a half.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Embiid's biggest problem is Bill Self, who will likely keep his minutes down. I hope that won't prevent him from declaring.

That "raw" player put up 5 assists, 7 rebounds, and a block in 20 minutes against Duke.

[/QUOTE]

If you're 7 feet tall, you should have 7 rebounds in 20 minutes in college.  He also only had 2 points and showed no semblance of any type of offensive game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with that.  But can the Celtics afford to draft potential?  A team that has solid starters can invest a year or three to develop players to eventually step into a key role, but the Celtics need help at virtually every position except PF right now.  Embiid and Wiggins are not the best choices for the Celtics, IMO, in the little that I have seem them play so far.  I pick more NBA ready players in Randle and Parker, and maybe Smart, even if Wiggins is eventually better.  I'm Looking forward to watching Gordon and Smart play.     

[/QUOTE]

MArcus Smart is maybe better than them all. that kid is a player. im glad he stayed at OKST to get some more prep for himself. he is gonna be a good NBA player

[/QUOTE]

Smart is dumb for not declaring last season. He would have gone higher than MCW. There were always questions about his shot. By staying at OKST, he risks hurting his stock. So far, he's off to a great start. I hope he doesn't get injured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're 7 feet tall, you should have 7 rebounds in 20 minutes in college.  He also only had 2 points and showed no semblance of any type of offensive game.

[/QUOTE]

And 5 assists against only 1 TO?

Not all 7 footers are great rebounders. Besides, I rather see a C rebound and play D than score. That he can get to the FT line and handle the ball, against the best of NCAA opponents, at the age of 18, speaks volumes.

His offense will come around. At 250, he's not a string bean.

He had 9 points in 11 minutes vs LA-Monroe. Shot 10 FTs.

Andre Drummond has a career .361 FT% for the Pistons, but has had elite PERs in his two NBA seasons. He too was a "raw" freshman without any "semblance of any type of offensive game". The Pistons stole him at #9.

My favorite prospect from last year's draft, Steven Adams, was another "raw" freshman without any "semblance of any type of offensive game". He was a steal for OKC at #12. He's playing C for one of the top NBA teams, plays 20 min/g, has 2.4 blocks per 36 min, 10.8 rebs/36, and an NBA PER of 18.7.

There's a decent chance that the Cs will pick from 9-12.

The reality is that if a player has the phsyical tools and skills, he doesn't need the NCAA for development. Bill Self tries to keep freshmen from leaving by keeping them on the bench. He did that to Perry Ellis and it cost him against Michigan. I suspect he had to give Wiggins some guarantees if he wanted him to commit to KU. Embiid is the best big man on the team yet, Self keeps him on the bench.