Early foul trouble: how the NBA influences games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Early foul trouble: how the NBA influences games

We saw it from the other end against the Knicks - while you won't find many bigger Celtics fan than one who started cheering for them in 1996 right when they really started Sasha-Grey-ing, the off-ball fouls on Carmelo Anthony were incredulous and unbelievable in the context of playoff basketball

Now we got to see Rondo play 8 minutes in the first half of a physical game against the Heat on Sunday.  Considering all the stuff that took place in that game, for them to call Rondo when they don't typically call Rondo is... unusual.

@Lakers fans - I'll also be the first to tell you that Ron Artest's early foul trouble in last year's Finals seemed like a quiet way to get Pierce and Allen going, even if by they book they were fouls

I'm just saying that I'm not fond of NBA officiating and I'm not fond of the idea that it can be questioned so easily.  The NFL has very few such problems, and Ed Hochuli has apologized and admitted his mistakes along with the league on both occasions.  I guess David Stern might be running his refereeing crews under the principle that any time you can get fans talking about the NBA it's a good thing....

Oh, and I hope this means I fit in here now lol you're not a member of this forum until you start a thread on the refs

Nonetheless, the fact that I know crooked/incompetent NBA refs by name is disturbing.  I shouldn't be aware that Kennedy has a bad history with Doc Rivers.  They shouldn't be refereeing games if they have a bad history with one of the parties they're expected to referee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Early foul trouble: how the NBA influences games

This has long been a problem in the NBA and Donaghy just exploited and confirmed the doubts people had about NBA officiating dictating games.

It's the most blatant of all the major sports where refs control the outcome of games. If Wade gets 3 fouls early on him tonight, the Heat will lose. If Bron gets tossed late in the 4th the Heat will lose. This is why I've always liked the "goon" scenario. I liked when teams would send a guy off the bench in to mix it up a little with a starter or superstar. The NBA couldn't prove any wrongdoing by that team. The most they could do is fine them but what it does is help to maintain some balance so the refs aren't the dictating games. Sure they can still make calls but a shift in tendencies and how the game is called will put the attention back on the doubts people have about officiating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Early foul trouble: how the NBA influences games

In Response to Early foul trouble: how the NBA influences games:
    [QUOTE]We saw it from the other end against the Knicks - while you won't find many bigger Celtics fan than one who started cheering for them in 1996 right when they really started Sasha-Grey-ing, the off-ball fouls on Carmelo Anthony were incredulous and unbelievable in the context of playoff basketball Now we got to see Rondo play 8 minutes in the first half of a physical game against the Heat on Sunday.  Considering all the stuff that took place in that game, for them to call Rondo when they don't typically call Rondo is... unusual. @Lakers fans - I'll also be the first to tell you that Ron Artest's early foul trouble in last year's Finals seemed like a quiet way to get Pierce and Allen going, even if by they book they were fouls I'm just saying that I'm not fond of NBA officiating and I'm not fond of the idea that it can be questioned so easily.  The NFL has very few such problems, and Ed Hochuli has apologized and admitted his mistakes along with the league on both occasions.  I guess David Stern might be running his refereeing crews under the principle that any time you can get fans talking about the NBA it's a good thing.... Oh, and I hope this means I fit in here now lol you're not a member of this forum until you start a thread on the refs Nonetheless, the fact that I know crooked/incompetent NBA refs by name is disturbing.  I shouldn't be aware that Kennedy has a bad history with Doc Rivers.  They shouldn't be refereeing games if they have a bad history with one of the parties they're expected to referee.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Rondo was a complete embarrassment.... give me Sasha Grey anyday but also make sure you provide the condoms