Eastern Conference Competition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Eastern Conference Competition

We are without a doubt a much weaker conference than the West. However, based on recent games, I see a lot of upward movement next year, primarily from (in this order):

Cleveland

Toronto

Washington

Philly 

Detroit

I think there's going to be a lot of competition for the 6-8 spots next year with the above teams, Atlanta, Milwaukee ... and MAYBE us. 

I'm predicting the three tiers to be 

1. Miami, Chicago, Indiana

2. New York, Brooklyn, Boston

3. The rest mentioned above.

I am most scared of Cleveland. They played some hard games against us this year, even without Anderson & Kyrie. They have tremendous cap room next year with 33M on books and nobody of value to retain. They need a good SF, a couple Vets and need to get bigger. I think that if they brought ina couple good free agents like Josh Smith, tony allen, paul millsap ... they will be a force. I think Kyrie is better than Lebron. There I said it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Eastern Conference Competition

In response to R9R's comment:

We are without a doubt a much weaker conference than the West. However, based on recent games, I see a lot of upward movement next year, primarily from (in this order):

Cleveland

Toronto

Washington

Philly 

Detroit

I think there's going to be a lot of competition for the 6-8 spots next year with the above teams, Atlanta, Milwaukee ... and MAYBE us. 

I'm predicting the three tiers to be 

1. Miami, Chicago, Indiana

2. New York, Brooklyn, Boston

3. The rest mentioned above.

I am most scared of Cleveland. They played some hard games against us this year, even without Anderson & Kyrie. They have tremendous cap room next year with 33M on books and nobody of value to retain. They need a good SF, a couple Vets and need to get bigger. I think that if they brought ina couple good free agents like Josh Smith, tony allen, paul millsap ... they will be a force. I think Kyrie is better than Lebron. There I said it.

The Cavs could have 100 million in cap room and they will still face the issue no NBA star wants to play in Cleveland.  Unless Lebron decides to come back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wouldn't you want to play with Kyrie? Especially if it comes with the possibility of a Lebron return?!

I mean, I think Portland is in a similar situation. Do players want to go live in Portland? No. But I really think 5 years from now, its Kyrie vs. Lillard vs. Rose as the three ellite PGs in the league - leading their teams into consistent playoff contentions.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Wouldn't you want to play with Kyrie? Especially if it comes with the possibility of a Lebron return?!

I mean, I think Portland is in a similar situation. Do players want to go live in Portland? No. But I really think 5 years from now, its Kyrie vs. Lillard vs. Rose as the three ellite PGs in the league - leading their teams into consistent playoff contentions.  

Agree with you.  I also would imagine that Chicago will be one of the top teams in the NBA next season with the return of Rose.  They were a good team this year without him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I feel that Portland is one of best kept secrets of a fabulus place to live..If not the city Oregon itself. TS ...why hasn't Rose sufaced this year yet?  Sometimes massive injuries forever reside in an athlete's head. I hope he is ok..he is a super talent and fun to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I feel that Portland is one of best kept secrets of a fabulus place to live..If not the city Oregon itself. TS ...why hasn't Rose sufaced this year yet?  Sometimes massive injuries forever reside in an athlete's head. I hope he is ok..he is a super talent and fun to watch.

[/QUOTE]

Its a huge decision ... especially when there are relatively recent examples of guys coming back too soon and not ever getting fully back to pre-ACL levels. Obviously the surgery itself is much more advanced than it has been, but if you are a max contract athlete and your whole career depends on your recovery, I think you'd take it slow and be 110% certain about returning.

Portland is awesome, no doubt! Fun city, good people, beautiful state. I hear the Rose Garden gets insane. I guess its just not a HUGE market and doesn't have a storied history. Though, I've never fully understood those two issues. If you're making millions being a famous basketball player, do you really need to be in a megatropolis? Do you want to be in a garden full of banners, or hang the first one yourself?

Any player who isn't in it to win it doesn't deserve to get paid, imho

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Its a huge decision ... especially when there are relatively recent examples of guys coming back too soon and not ever getting fully back to pre-ACL levels. Obviously the surgery itself is much more advanced than it has been, but if you are a max contract athlete and your whole career depends on your recovery, I think you'd take it slow and be 110% certain about returning.

Portland is awesome, no doubt! Fun city, good people, beautiful state. I hear the Rose Garden gets insane. I guess its just not a HUGE market and doesn't have a storied history. Though, I've never fully understood those two issues. If you're making millions being a famous basketball player, do you really need to be in a megatropolis? Do you want to be in a garden full of banners, or hang the first one yourself?

Any player who isn't in it to win it doesn't deserve to get paid, imho

[/QUOTE]

Don't know..haven't been there but I agree 100%. Look at Ray he went to win, or did he?

There is more to the top of the heap than fame and fortune. Class , quality of life for yourself and your family is important too. If you can get some great talents onboard with you, get the fans convinced  and lead by example anything is possible..especially self satisfaction. In a way what the "C's"(KG and PP)  are about. BTW I'm not a RA fan any more...just the way it is.