embid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

embid

have watched many of his college games what is so great about him he is only averaging 7 rebounds per game he looks like green under the boards shy and weak

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Re: embid

you haven't even watched enough to know how to spell his name lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you haven't even watched enough to know how to spell his name lol

[/QUOTE]

Good one, Saddam.  Don't worry, Fed.  You're not the only one that has his doubts about Embiiiiiid.  He's another foreign center that learned how to play basketball last night.  All he needed was his How To Play manual written by Hakeem Olajuwon.  He certainly does have a nice touch around the rim- but is this something you really want from a big?  A good finesse game?  I question his toughness, and beiiiing so new to the sport, I also question his bball IQ. 

The good news is, his defense has progressively gotten better all season.  He's an excellent shot-blocker.  And his free-throw shooting appears to be improving.  Unlike some bigs, I don't think he'll become a liability during the 4th quarter. 

He's going to get drafted either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.  He's going to be a solid pick for whoever drafts him.  Unlike guys like Tyson Chandler, Marcus Camby..I expect Embiid to fill out his frame.  BUT, what about his shyness?  Does he have the character to make opponents think twice about driving on him in the paint?  I think so.

Anyone that's watched him closely knows that, although he's appeared timid at times, he does have a bit of a nasty side.  He's not afraid to mix it up.  As he gains confidence, I expect that he'll become more aggressive.  Unlike your run of the mill, Kwame Browns.

And finally, I consider him a low-risk high-reward pick.  Let's face it, Andrew Wiggins is far more risky.  The question is, would you take Embiid over Jabari Parker?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

The beauty of it is he may stay another year.  Keep in mind Hakeem was redshirted a year and didn't play much his freshman year. He turned out pretty good. 

If he stays at least the Cs have a couple 1st round picks next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Anyone that doesn't take Joel Embiid number 1 is either the Utah Jazz or doesn't know what's going on. Utah would take Parker because of the Mormon connection. Everyone else would, and should, take Joel Embiid. There aren't a lot of dominant big men in the NBA right now. Whenever you get the chance to take one you need to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Embiid will be the #1 pick............even Utah would take him.  Any team would be a fool to pass on him.   Which is why tonight is such a must lose game.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Embiid may become a great player, but I do think he is overrated, he has flashes but he doesnt dominate the competition. He is no where  as good as anthony davis was in college.  To me parker is the only sure thing. Im sure your correct that embiid will go #1 but that doesnt mean he is going to be the best player from the draft, for example ( anthony bennett, andre bargnani, greg oden,  kwame brown, kenyon martin) all former #1 picks and in all those drafts better players were drafted after them.

This is shaping up to be very similiar to the greg oden and durant draft situation? In that year greg oden was by many projected to go #1 but durant looked like a surefire 20 ppg scorer, how did that workout? Granted injuries were the issue there, but even if greg oden was healthy do you really think he would be considered the 2nd best player in the world like durant is now?.  No way. I predict that embiid will go #1 but parker will be the bigger star player.  In either case its irrelevant cuz we are not getting a top 2 pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embiid may become a great player, but I do think he is overrated, he has flashes but he doesnt dominate the competition. He is no where  as good as anthony davis was in college.  To me parker is the only sure thing. Im sure your correct that embiid will go #1 but that doesnt mean he is going to be the best player from the draft, for example ( anthony bennett, andre bargnani, greg oden,  kwame brown, kenyon martin) all former #1 picks and in all those drafts better players were drafted after them.

This is shaping up to be very similiar to the greg oden and durant draft situation? In that year greg oden was by many projected to go #1 but durant looked like a surefire 20 ppg scorer, how did that workout? Granted injuries were the issue there, but even if greg oden was healthy do you really think he would be considered the 2nd best player in the world like durant is now?.  No way. I predict that embiid will go #1 but parker will be the bigger star player.  In either case its irrelevant cuz we are not getting a top 2 pick.

[/QUOTE]

This is actually why I want the #2 pick in the draft.  Say MIL gets the #1 and the take Embiid.  If he works out, great, if not, he's added to the list.  I want Parker, and I think he'd be available at #2.....or hopefully even #3

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Based on need embiid would be ideal for the celtics, simply becuz we are so undersized. But if your going by bpa that is parker, he has the nba body and skill to play in the league right now. Embiid is a few years away. Wiggins is a great athlete/body but his demeanor is lacking he seems content to let the game come to him ( he kind of reminds me of jeff green in that way) great talent, average motor.  To me parker is a sure fire all star, while embiid and wiggins have higher ceilings but most likely will be the 2 or 3 options on a playoff team.  After those 3 the picks are even more ?. I think if you go by nba ready I think julius randle is 2nd only to parker, he has very good talent ( tho he is very left hand dominant) with an nba body. (he is similiar to cousins). The celtics dont  have a need at power forward tho and randle is too undersized to play center.  Top 3 pick or bust for the celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Embiid is not Oden.

He is very athletic.

Watch the block around the 3 minute mark....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZOTtf5ldtI

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I think Embiid's overrated as well.  He's going to take a few years to develop and I don't belive his ceiling is as high as Shaq or Olajuwon or anyone close.  I think he is much closer to Andre Drummond.  It would be funny if the Celtics drafted him.  He would foul out in 10 minutes in the first game and Chris33 will immediately post a thread proclaiming him to be a bust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Parker all day long and don't look back!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

i'll be happy with Embiid, Parker, or Exum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Parker> Embiid. he isnt dominating bad teams.

Parker can be and may already be a professional scorer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I think Embiid's overrated as well.  He's going to take a few years to develop and I don't belive his ceiling is as high as Shaq or Olajuwon or anyone close.  I think he is much closer to Andre Drummond.  It would be funny if the Celtics drafted him.  He would foul out in 10 minutes in the first game and Chris33 will immediately post a thread proclaiming him to be a bust.

I'd take another Andre Drummond in a heatbeat...unless they resign the HUMP these guys are dead min the "5"...I don't want to hear about Faux Hawk, he's proved nothing and needs to stay in the D L:eague until he proves he's got the beginning of a clue...I think he will eventually, but he needs minutes every night...so does Embiid...I doubt he comes out...I think coming from his country he probably wants a degree...he might not come out for  couple of years yet....plus, his body is still maturing so he has to get used to that as well as when he learns the game....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The personal attack is uncalled for.

Will you apologize when you are proven wrong?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to fedup13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

have watched many of his college games what is so great about him he is only averaging 7 rebounds per game he looks like green under the boards shy and weak

[/QUOTE]

Embiid averages 7.7 rebounds a game in 22 minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Proven wrong about what?  Embiid not being the next Olajuwon or your knee-jerk, blow-with-the-wind evaluations?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Proven wrong about what?  Embiid not being the next Olajuwon or your knee-jerk, blow-with-the-wind evaluations?

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I don't engage in personal attacks.

You say Embiid is overrated. I challenge that.

Will you apologize if you are proven wrong?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Parker> Embiid. he isnt dominating bad teams.

Parker can be and may already be a professional scorer

+1

Parker is the safest pick.  I hope we draft him.  While they could also be great, Embiid and Wiggins could be short of those high expectations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

antoine walker was the safest pick. i wish we took the young kobe bryant instead...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

antoine walker was the safest pick. i wish we took the young kobe bryant instead...

[/QUOTE]

No way, the rapist black hole?  I would never wish Kobe as a Celtics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

This guy looks lost tonight against the Sooners.  If he can't dominate the Sooners one has to wonder how he will fare against the big boys. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

We're not gonna sniff the top 3 or 4 guys...

Start thinking #7 or #8.

Anyone liking Ennis from Syracuse?  Reminding me of Steph Curry... kid's clutch.   Or McDermott from Creighton?  Pure scorer.

March Madness Tournament will be when stocks rise and fall, but the C's will have to find that player beyond the reach of Embiid/Parker/Wiggins/Exum(don't want or need Randle).

Looking at #6 - #8 folks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

McDermott is a solid 6'7" player, but the only concern was the other night in clutch time he clanked 3 out of 4 ft's.  Other than that I'm sure he'll do alright in the NBA.