Embild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Embild

Is he the next Bill Russell or a pretender.  What do the experts here say?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Embild

some where inbetween.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think he's going to be an impact player immediately.  Right now today he's better than deandre jordan.  He has potential to be somewhere between serg ibaka and kareem.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Olajawon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Olajawon.

[/QUOTE]

he is a quick center... yes he has that potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not the next Russell. Too early to tell who he may compare to as far as I'm concerned. But all the elite tools are there, smart kid, and he shows interest in getting better, as well as pride. I saw that back in the Jordan Brand Classic game where he was getting tired of J. Randle dominating the paint. Embiid stepped up and blocked/altered a few of Randles shots/dunks. Even with his limited experience, he didn't back down. Gotta love that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Did not really think Russell, and would be more than happy with Olajawon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

After watching today's trio of games including what should he the top 4 in the June draft(Duke, Kentucky, Kansas) of Embid, Walker, Randle & Wiggins I believe Embid's stock just rose up to #1, and Wiggin's is plummeting.  Embid reminds me of (God help me...) Dwight Howard.  Granted he needs to put on 50 lbs of muscle and should as he matures, but he just alters his opponents game when he is down low.   I was very impressed, considering he is only 19.  On the other hand, Wiggins... he is super skinny and seems unmotivated considering all the press and magazine covers he has been featured on.  I'd consider him if I were drafting #5 or lower on potential,  but not top 3.   Embid-1  Walker-2 Randle-3 Exum-4 Wiggins-5 Smart-6.

Hooked on Embid BIG TIME and would love to see him in green, but he won't drop below the top 2.  Looks like the Orlando Magic who seem to draft all the franchise centers might just get themselves another... damnit!!

But, hey... on the bright side at least I'll get to see a lot of him.  I now live in Orlando. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After watching today's trio of games including what should he the top 4 in the June draft(Duke, Kentucky, Kansas) of Embid, Walker, Randle & Wiggins I believe Embid's stock just rose up to #1, and Wiggin's is plummeting.  Embid reminds me of (God help me...) Dwight Howard.  Granted he needs to put on 50 lbs of muscle and should as he matures, but he just alters his opponents game when he is down low.   I was very impressed, considering he is only 19.  On the other hand, Wiggins... he is super skinny and seems unmotivated considering all the press and magazine covers he has been featured on.  I'd consider him if I were drafting #5 or lower on potential,  but not top 3.   Embid-1  Walker-2 Randle-3 Exum-4 Wiggins-5 Smart-6.

Hooked on Embid BIG TIME and would love to see him in green, but he won't drop below the top 2.  Looks like the Orlando Magic who seem to draft all the franchise centers might just get themselves another... damnit!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, then he will be traded to the Lakers for a 2019 2nd Round Pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Thats how it works in the NBA.  Its Stern-tastic!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to celticelmo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Thats how it works in the NBA.  Its Stern-tastic!!

[/QUOTE]

SO GLAD that Stern is gone! Maybe now the C's will not get screwed in the Lottery as usually happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Another great performance by Embiid tonight.

Joel Embiid had a near triple-double, 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 8 blocks against Oklahoma State.

Marcus Smart also had a near triple-double, 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists.

Looks like Embiid is going to be the #1 pick of this year's draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another great performance by Embiid tonight.

Joel Embiid had a near triple-double, 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 8 blocks against Oklahoma State.

Marcus Smart also had a near triple-double, 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists.

Looks like Embiid is going to be the #1 pick of this year's draft.

[/QUOTE]

well right now he should be...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

if we ended up with the 5th pick and randle..exum and smart was there..who would you take?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

Celts only need to be in the top 4 for a chance at the #1 pick.

But Celts will still get a very good player if they get the #5 pick.

The trade deadline is only 5 weeks away.

Hopefully Ainge can get a 3rd 1st round pick in 2014.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celts only need to be in the top 4 for a chance at the #1 pick.

But Celts will still get a very good player if they get the #5 pick.

The trade deadline is only 5 weeks away.

Hopefully Ainge can get a 3rd 1st round pick in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

damn...i wish

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

if we ended up with the 5th pick and randle..exum and smart was there..who would you take?

No choice but to take Randle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No choice but to take Randle.

[/QUOTE]

that's what i think..the guy is badazz...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

But, hey... on the bright side at least I'll get to see a lot of him.  I now live in Orlando. 

[/QUOTE]

who is Walker?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who is Walker?

[/QUOTE]

Parker... Jabari Parker.  My bad.  No excuses... he reminds me of Ray Allen.

Sorry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Like I said the Stern Clone new commish will make sure the lottery is rigged so we don't get the number 1. I guarantee we pick 5 or higher even if we have one of the worst records.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who is Walker?

[/QUOTE]

Parker... Jabari Parker.  My bad.  No excuses... he reminds me of Ray Allen.

Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Chris Walker if DA can aquire a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Like I said the Stern Clone new commish will make sure the lottery is rigged so we don't get the number 1. I guarantee we pick 5 or higher even if we have one of the worst records.

We'll see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd look around and see who's high on Exum or Randle, then I'd trade the pick.

Exum may turn into a good player, but at this point, I think both players will be over-valued and at high risk of becomming a bust.

That stat about steals and superstars and the fact that Randle only has 1 steal in college so far ... that worries me. I don't like undersized PF super-stars.

I'd trade down or sell the pick outright. I think Pheonix would allow us to draft down. I think if Utah got Wiggins or Parker, they'd be interested in Randle for Hayward swap. I think if its Smart that's available, I'd consider keeping him or see what Orlando would offer.