Embild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Embild

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another great performance by Embiid tonight.

Joel Embiid had a near triple-double, 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 8 blocks against Oklahoma State.

Marcus Smart also had a near triple-double, 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists.

Looks like Embiid is going to be the #1 pick of this year's draft.

[/QUOTE]

Where was Wiggins today? Is he hurt? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Only 3 points in 23 minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I haven't been impressed all year with Wiggins. I watched the Ok. St game yesterday and it was like he was missing for most of the game. I see his stock going down. Taking things objectively i.e. Celtics record and what the commish's office will do with the C's, I see them picking 5th. Would you take a chance on Wiggins if he's still there and hope his talent breaks out? could he even be there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't been impressed all year with Wiggins. I watched the Ok. St game yesterday and it was like he was missing for most of the game. I see his stock going down. Taking things objectively i.e. Celtics record and what the commish's office will do with the C's, I see them picking 5th. Would you take a chance on Wiggins if he's still there and hope his talent breaks out? could he even be there?

[/QUOTE]

The rule of thumb when drafting low is to draft a "sure thing" (player). Thus you favor dominance at lower levels of competition (college) rather than pure "potential". The bigger question is do you draft for best player available or do you draft for NEED? Remember that deciding variables necessarily include size, athleticism, basketball IQ and determination to be the best!

When assesing "dominance" at lower levels of competition has the player maxed-out his potential or is his future potential unlimited? Can he dominate NBA players with size, athleticism, IQ etc...Does he have elite attributes?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After watching today's trio of games including what should he the top 4 in the June draft(Duke, Kentucky, Kansas) of Embid, Walker, Randle & Wiggins I believe Embid's stock just rose up to #1, and Wiggin's is plummeting.  Embid reminds me of (God help me...) Dwight Howard.  Granted he needs to put on 50 lbs of muscle and should as he matures, but he just alters his opponents game when he is down low.   I was very impressed, considering he is only 19.  On the other hand, Wiggins... he is super skinny and seems unmotivated considering all the press and magazine covers he has been featured on.  I'd consider him if I were drafting #5 or lower on potential,  but not top 3.   Embid-1  Walker-2 Randle-3 Exum-4 Wiggins-5 Smart-6.

Hooked on Embid BIG TIME and would love to see him in green, but he won't drop below the top 2.  Looks like the Orlando Magic who seem to draft all the franchise centers might just get themselves another... damnit!!

But, hey... on the bright side at least I'll get to see a lot of him.  I now live in Orlando. 

[/QUOTE]

25% chance at best, bud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the player you wanted to pick or did you just flipped flopped yet again?????

Kansas Jayhawks center Joel Embiid is Los Angeles Lakers fan.

In the past few weeks, Kansas Jayhawks big man Joel Embiid has put himself in consideration for the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Of course, he’d need to leap over Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins for that to happen but given his recent play, that doesn’t seem all that unlikely.

One team who’ll likely be in the Embiid sweepstakes (assuming things continue to go south) are the Los Angeles Lakers who sit at 16-25 and will undoubtedly find themselves as participates in the NBA lottery. That’s good news for the Kansas center though as Embiid appears to be a Lakers fan.

The Cameroonian college basketball who attended high school in Florida (with a hat tip to @DrewUnga ) tweeted out ‘his’ Lakers were rolling last year during the final few weeks of the NBA’s regular season.

My Lakers are rollin

Of course, this doesn’t mean much in the long run considering Embiid can’t play where he wants and the Lakers have no control over their draft order, but sounds like we know where Embiid would like to go if the choice was his.

If any teams draft him maybe they will lose him to the Lakers in his prime...

http://fansided.com/2014/01/20/kansas-jayhawks-center-joel-embiid-los-angeles-lakers-fan/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the player you wanted to pick or did you just flipped flopped yet again?????

Kansas Jayhawks center Joel Embiid is Los Angeles Lakers fan.

In the past few weeks, Kansas Jayhawks big man Joel Embiid has put himself in consideration for the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Of course, he’d need to leap over Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins for that to happen but given his recent play, that doesn’t seem all that unlikely.

One team who’ll likely be in the Embiid sweepstakes (assuming things continue to go south) are the Los Angeles Lakers who sit at 16-25 and will undoubtedly find themselves as participates in the NBA lottery. That’s good news for the Kansas center though as Embiid appears to be a Lakers fan.

The Cameroonian college basketball who attended high school in Florida (with a hat tip to @DrewUnga ) tweeted out ‘his’ Lakers were rolling last year during the final few weeks of the NBA’s regular season.

My Lakers are rollin

Of course, this doesn’t mean much in the long run considering Embiid can’t play where he wants and the Lakers have no control over their draft order, but sounds like we know where Embiid would like to go if the choice was his.

If any teams draft him maybe they will lose him to the Lakers in his prime...

http://fansided.com/2014/01/20/kansas-jayhawks-center-joel-embiid-los-angeles-lakers-fan/

[/QUOTE]

Do you really think NBA players choose teams to play on because they were fans in High School?

Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

GK,

Congrats on your Lakers winning the last two games. Great job. Time will tell on Embid. By then maybe Kobe will be retired. He should be back before the end of the season to help you make the playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It looks like Embiid is turning into the #1 pick for most experts.  If that is the case, the Celtics have at best 25% chance to get him even if they have the worst record.  Realistically about 10-15% chance for 3rd or 4th worst record.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I would do whatever it takes to get Embiid.

Ofter them Rondo and picks.