Encouraging or discouraging loss today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Encouraging or discouraging loss today?

C's really have to win a game where they held Durant and Westbrook to 11-27 shooting... but it is exciting that they were able to do that to begin with right? Especially on their home court.

Additionally Martin was only 4-12 and 0-4 on 3's and Bass had 13 boards.

Green was a big letdown. A game where we needed a 20 point 10 rebound explosion he had an 8/2 with 3 TO's and a 2 bricked 3's. Players like the one we hope Jeff Green is/becomes go back to their old teams and drop one of their best games of the season, not that dud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Encouraging or discouraging loss today?

Has to be encouraging...they played a bad game yet hung around...C's are a hard team to measure with loses like this...but i think they can play anyone out there and compete till the end

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C's really have to win a game where they held Durant and Westbrook to 11-27 shooting... but it is exciting that they were able to do that to begin with right? Especially on their home court.

Green was a big letdown. A game where we needed a 20 point 10 rebound explosion he had an 8/2 with 3 TO's and a 2 bricked 3's. Players like the one we hope Jeff Green is/becomes go back to their old teams and drop one of their best games of the season, not that dud.

[/QUOTE

I say this is a "good loss". They didn't collapse on the road against a team with an amazing home and overall record. They were always in the game. Held OKC to 91pts, which is a feat in itself. Our HOF-ers had below average to poor showings (Well PP wasn't all that bad, but KG?!), yet for the most part the kids kept us in it. NOBODY thought we'd beat them in OKC having won in Boston already. We played a poor offensive game overall, BUT they never mailed it in defensively and stayed competative. We can't win EVERY ONE. I say, GOOD LOSS! They'll be over it by the time the flight lands! There's something to be said of reality checks once in a while, and this was one of them.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

When is the last time JG had 10 rebounds?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Encouraging but they were just sloppy, too many turnovers and they didn't shoot well. They played Durant and Westbrook good though. Defense was there, offense failed us today.

Bad game for KG one of the worst of the year. Bass played well

Time to start another streak.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If you have not noticed, Doc is starting to develop the full arsenal for the playoffs.  KG is trying 3s.  KG is looking to drive more.  Crawford is getting pushed to grow a pair and contribute.  Terrence Williams is being kept warm with a few minutes here and there.  AB is being asked to drive more off of pick and roll.  The ball is being advanced with long passes.  More Zone defense is getting incorporated.

There is a lot of experimentation and refinement going on.  At the same time, the Celts are looking to win.

Today's game was lost at the offensive end because a number of players were on the edge.  KG, Jeff Green and even Terry.  So I classify this loss as one of those that will happen from time to time.  But I am absolutely thrilled with all the 2nd. order stuff that Doc is adding.

And I am completely amazed at how many people don't see that and keep on criticizing him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No one player stood out, nobody shot the ball in the 4th. We were right where we wanted to be despite a less than stellar 3rd and then we played really good D but when yoiu shoot 3 - 20 in a stretch in the 4th. We had our shots,we just missed them. No loss is a good loss, this one stung because we really could've had this one. Green did have his worst game of the season though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I wouldn't read much into the loss. 

Most of us realize that the Celtics are not a championship level team with the current roster. We're a team that can make some serious noise though. I think today's game showed that. 

Green has been playing great so I'm giving him a pass against his old team. 

This game, however, was a good example of the kind of game I expect the Celts to lose in the playoffs - the kind of loss where the loss of Rondo finally shows up. I could be wrong, I'll wait and watch the games, but it's this caliber of team that has my concern. I believe we can handle the Indianas and Chicagos and fortunately for us the Eastern Conference is full of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

When is the last time JG had 10 rebounds?

Yikes, have to go back to April of 2011 when he had 15 and that was his ONLY game with 10 as a Celtic. The closest he came this year was on Dec 29th in an 18 point blowout loss @ GS when he had 9.

I guess I should have said like a 23 and 7 was what we needed from JG today, with 2-4 on 3's, a posterizing dunk on Perk and a couple of blocks and steals to boot. Kirk is right, he looked like he smoked a jay

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He did have 11 and 13 double digit rebound games in OKC in '09 and '10

Obvious his transition from 36 min PF to 28 mins at both F spots has something to do with it, plus our style is never to crash the boards (yuck), but at least get us 5-6 in big games Jeff and FIGHT for a few.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I wouldn't read much into the loss. 

Most of us realize that the Celtics are not a championship level team with the current roster. We're a team that can make some serious noise though. I think today's game showed that. 

Green has been playing great so I'm giving him a pass against his old team. 

This game, however, was a good example of the kind of game I expect the Celts to lose in the playoffs - the kind of loss where the loss of Rondo finally shows up. I could be wrong, I'll wait and watch the games, but it's this caliber of team that has my concern. I believe we can handle the Indianas and Chicagos and fortunately for us the Eastern Conference is full of them.

great analysis

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Sorry troll we are as good as ANY team in the NBA and we are legit contenders. This loss stung,not because it was devastating to our team pshyce and playoff run chances but because it was a winnable road game. We play 3 very winnable games this week and could be  in a spot to grab the 4 seed when we play the cheat next week. We are a better team now than when we got rimmed last year in the ECF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think tired legs was the issue. They have played 3 games in 4 days. 2 very tough wins against Atlanta and Indiana with an overtime game on Friday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Lot off rimshots no doubt,pun intended.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

I think tired legs was the issue. They have played 3 games in 4 days. 2 very tough wins against Atlanta and Indiana with an overtime game on Friday.

Agreed, those shots rolled out a lot and KG only has a handful of 5-19's each season

If KG went 7-15, Green had some more energy and got his norm #'s of late (14/4), had a big block or steal and they didn't call the BS goaltend we win this game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Agreed, those shots rolled out a lot and KG only has a handful of 5-19's each season

If KG went 7-15, Green had some more energy and got his norm #'s of late (14/4), had a big block or steal and they didn't call the BS goaltend we win this game.

The conclusion is if KG is going to take 18 shots he has to make half of them to give us a chance today.  You need to go no further than KG to see what happened to us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Green was culprit #1... huge national tv game at his old team and he produces as lethergic 8/2.

Yes KG also has to shoot 9-19, not 5-19, but we still lose by 4 if he does that. Green needed at least the 14/4 we are used to and a game changing block or dunk

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

If Green and Garnett are themselves shooting-wise this game, we'd have won.  It was disappointing, cause we played well enough to win on defense.  Overall, encouraging, we were in that game most of the way.  A lot of teams, even very good teams, go into OK and get whupped. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree with alot of the posts but I see this as a discouraging loss.  I don't use the "what if" KG shot better or JG was more productive.

We're giving the Celtics alot of credit here when they played like crap.  Honestly, I felt OKC was terrible yesterday.  OKC played like Charlotte yesterday.  It was essentially an 11 am game for them (with daylight savings time and being on Central Standard Time).  They had no life and were flat throughout the game.  Every foul shot made by OKC, you could clearly hear someone on the line shout, "Get in there girl".  Ibaka, Perk and Collison were non-contributors.  We out-rebounded them too.

KD played a very good game but Westbrook played a very sub-par game.  Martin was the only other Thunder player in double figures.  Had OKC come out to play, this game would have been a blowout.  I knew OKC was not ready after the first quarter when the Celtics committed 9 TOs and the game was still close.

I consider this a discouraging loss because we could not beat a team that played one of their worst home games of the season.  And yet we lost by 11 points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

If you have not noticed, Doc is starting to develop the full arsenal for the playoffs.  KG is trying 3s.  KG is looking to drive more.  Crawford is getting pushed to grow a pair and contribute.  Terrence Williams is being kept warm with a few minutes here and there.  AB is being asked to drive more off of pick and roll.  The ball is being advanced with long passes.  More Zone defense is getting incorporated.

There is a lot of experimentation and refinement going on.  At the same time, the Celts are looking to win.

Today's game was lost at the offensive end because a number of players were on the edge.  KG, Jeff Green and even Terry.  So I classify this loss as one of those that will happen from time to time.  But I am absolutely thrilled with all the 2nd. order stuff that Doc is adding.

And I am completely amazed at how many people don't see that and keep on criticizing him.

Nice post.  Typical over reaction about a loss.  I agree about getting Williams a few minutes each game.  This is what I wish he would do every year.  I also would like to see one of our new bigs get a small run each game in the first half.  We will need them unless Doc is dead set on small ball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I see it as a encouraging loss.  As bad as we played we still had a opportunity to win this game.  We played a very good defensive game and thats the reason OKC looked like they did. We did pretty much the same to them in Boston.  The thing yesterday was Terry had 4 turnovers and killeus.  Early we had about 9 in the first quarter.  (for all the PP haters,  he only had one of them).  

Avery did a tremendous job on Westbrook and Paul did the same on Durant.  

You can take a lot of positives out of this game.  Even Hubie was saying how many easy point blank shots we missed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Green was culprit #1... huge national tv game at his old team and he produces as lethergic 8/2.

Yes KG also has to shoot 9-19, not 5-19, but we still lose by 4 if he does that. Green needed at least the 14/4 we are used to and a game changing block or dunk

When the game was still winnable,  Avery had a shot blocked on a layup that very well could/should have been a foul with 2 free throws,  the trip to the other end was a block by Avery on Westbrook that was called goal tending.  Two bad calls that could have had us there right at the end.  Not saying we win,  but the possibilty was a lot higher.