Ending the stupidity

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Ending the stupidity

In Response to Ending the stupidity:
    [QUOTE]O Trust me those trades won't happen and if they do it's because these franchises are losers that will never know winning.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is firstly it aint happening. However, if you're wrong and this trade does happen it's because those franchises are losers?? Jeez talk about hedge you're bet with an inept excuse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Ending the stupidity:
    [QUOTE]Orlando would rather have cap space then the crappy overpaid contracts of Odom and Bynum. New Orleans doesn't want Gasol. Who will pass him the ball? If Orlando and NO are that stupid then those franchises shouldn't exist and should just fold. Florida has the Heat anyways and nobody goes to Hornets games. Even less will go if they get Gasol. Trust me those trades won't happen and if they do it's because these franchises are losers that will never know winning. If the Lakers had the cap space I'd be in agreement that those guys are there next year. Not happening.

I do agree with you about New Orleans trading for Gasol.  Who plays point guard if Paul is traded?  I do think that the trade for Howard is possible, but just not sure why Orlando would want Bynum considering his injury history.  Who plays center when he is injured?  I don't think that Orlando will make this deal, but I suppose that it is possible.  I actually think Howard could end up with the Nets since this deal seems more of a benefit for Orlando. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Make the trade - Paul koME and Howard would have to play 48 mins per game.  Blake, Peace, Walton, Kapono, Fisher, Barnes and Caracter is no bench!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Ending the stupidity:
    [QUOTE]Make the trade - Paul koME and Howard would have to play 48 mins per game.  Blake, Peace, Walton, Kapono, Fisher, Barnes and Caracter is no bench!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

The Heat played in the finals last year with no bench and the best point guard coupled with the best center and one of the greatest wings in history might be better than the redundant Wade & LeBron and Bosh who played well only in spurts.

For a 2 year window I would take Paul, Kobe, and Howard and no bench over the Heat's Big 3 with no bench.  But it would be a brief windown because Kobe is near the end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ending the stupidity : I do agree with you about New Orleans trading for Gasol.  Who plays point guard if Paul is traded?  I do think that the trade for Howard is possible, but just not sure why Orlando would want Bynum considering his injury history.  Who plays center when he is injured?  I don't think that Orlando will make this deal, but I suppose that it is possible.  I actually think Howard could end up with the Nets since this deal seems more of a benefit for Orlando. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Orlando might want Bynum (and something else like picks or another player) because if Howard walks after the season, they go NO player.  Bynum is at least a top 5 center to replace the top center.  Not a great tradeoff, but not horrible when you're facing getting nothing at all!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ending the stupidity : The Heat played in the finals last year with no bench and the best point guard coupled with the best center and one of the greatest wings in history might be better than the redundant Wade & LeBron and Bosh who played well only in spurts. For a 2 year window I would take Paul, Kobe, and Howard and no bench over the Heat's Big 3 with no bench.  But it would be a brief windown because Kobe is near the end.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

It's not just no bench, man!!

Who plays the 4?  What do you do with Fisher?  If they really expect Howard to get every, single rebound, then fine!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Heard SI's Chris Mannix say that he thinks CP3 won't get traded because NO doesn't have an owner yet and that Howard may not get traded until February.

Right now I have no idea what's going to happen but all I know is that the C's don't seem to be in the best position with this new deal. Their best bargaining chip is playing for Doc, so if Bobby V can fly all over to meet Sox players I just hope Wyc has DA & Doc flying around this week on his jet and knocking on doors trying to make some deals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Heard SI's Chris Mannix say that he thinks CP3 won't get traded because NO doesn't have an owner yet and that Howard may not get traded until February. Right now I have no idea what's going to happen but all I know is that the C's don't seem to be in the best position with this new deal. Their best bargaining chip is playing for Doc, so if Bobby V can fly all over to meet Sox players I just hope Wyc has DA & Doc flying around this week on his jet and knocking on doors trying to make some deals.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Just what I feared!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I cannot see the NBA allowing a Paul trade while they are trying to create interest for a prospective owner.  If they trade Paul, they may as well shut the franchise down.  Bynum has little trade value. I see the Lakers getting one of Howard/Paul, but not both and not yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I cannot see the NBA allowing a Paul trade while they are trying to create interest for a prospective owner.   If they trade Paul, they may as well shut the franchise down.   Bynum has little trade value.   I see the Lakers getting one of Howard/Paul, but not both and not yet.
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

Not yet being the key.  It is in Orlando's best interest to wait, IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ending the stupidity : Not yet being the key.  It is in Orlando's best interest to wait, IMO.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Worked for Denver with Melo.  The longer you wait, the greater the chance of a bidding war. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ending the stupidity : Worked for Denver with Melo.  The longer you wait, the greater the chance of a bidding war. 

Well, it's different with Howard, and I think Otis (my man) Smith knows that. 
    1.  He has not said anything yet.
    2.   I think he will be "in" on the trade - IF he is traded
    3.  Howard is a difference maker - he is NO MElo.  Let's say, for argument's sake, that the Rockets are very close to making the playoffs at the trade deadline.....if they feel DH can bring them over the top, they WILL make a trade for him regardless if he signs an extension or not.  MElo is a good player, but can not take you over the top!!  DH can, and it would be worth it to some team to trade for him at the deadline.
    4.  In #3 above, should it happen, Otis (my man) Smith knows DH will probably want to stay.

ORL is holding all the chips here, and Howard knows it.  It's not like MElo, where the Knicks had cap room for him, and he would have gone there regardless.  In this case, if he is NOT traded to the lakers, he cannot go there!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ending the stupidity :  Let's say, for argument's sake, that the Rockets are very close to making the playoffs at the trade deadline.....if they feel DH can bring them over the top, they WILL make a trade for him regardless if he signs an extension or not.  Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Red agree, my point was not relating to whether Melo was signing an extension, it was that Denver waited and flirted with the Nets, which forced the Knicks hand.  Denver ended up getting a player they really desired (Gallinari) and other pieces which were not on offer earlier.  Patience and manipulation needs to be the Magic's strategy (as I am sure it is).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I think that the Celtics are in the best position to get Paul but should they? I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge gives up the boat to get him. I have read that Boston is ready to unload: Rondo, Green, Bradley, the 1st round pick from the Clippers in 2012(in a very deep draft!), and Moore all without a guarantee that C. Paul would sign an extension. Ainge would be setting himself up for one of the worst trades in NBA history. If Paul were to sign an extension it would still be a lopsided trade in NO favor. The only way it would work is if Boston were to sign Howard as well. There is no guarantee of that happening. Ainge has shown over the last few years to be horrible at making trades. I hope that he doesn't screw Boston again.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

With the talent that the Celtics had, Boston should have won more than 1 title. After the '08 Finals, Ainge made poor trades and draft picks as well as picking up poor free agents. Boston should have won more than 1 Title during this era. What bothers me is how any Celtics fan could be happy with winning the Finals just one time!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]With the talent that the Celtics had, Boston should have won more than 1 title. After the '08 Finals, Ainge made poor trades and draft picks as well as picking up poor free agents. Boston should have won more than 1 Title during this era. What bothers me is how any Celtics fan could be happy with winning the Finals just one time!?
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

It would have been 3 titles if KG didn't get injured in 2009.

Don't tell me you're going to blame Ainge for KG's injury?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE What bothers me is how any Celtics fan could be happy with winning the Finals just one time!?
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing some think it's better than 0 titles in 22 years prior to the green's last championship.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I cannot see the NBA allowing a Paul trade while they are trying to create interest for a prospective owner.   If they trade Paul, they may as well shut the franchise down.   Bynum has little trade value.   I see the Lakers getting one of Howard/Paul, but not both and not yet.

and the league has been over-franchised for YEARS now.  why not shut the franchise down?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I am for contraction, but Stern is not, and he outranks meSmile

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ending the stupidity : If Your the Magic, how do explain trading the face of your franchise for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Those guys will not win you anything. Besides that last big center they had went to LA via free agency and it left a bad taste in the citiy and the franchises mouth. Do you really think they want to not only relive that, but help him get there by taking two bad contracts? No. New Orleans has no owner. Pau Gasol and David West and No PG equals less ticket sales and even more unattractiveness to that franchise. Just because salaries match doesn't mean these teams are simply stupid. I think unless Kobe is coming in return aka someone that can draw you something they aren't leaving unless via free agency. Cap space is better than older players on the downside with bad deals. If CP3 had any intelligence at all, he'd accept the trade to Boston. He PP, Ray and KG could get DH and maybe other attractive FA's there and could win for years. Boston is in way better shape cap wise than LA or NY. Time for some of these dopes to live in the real world. The World of winning.

And this coming from a guy who's team has 1 title in the past 24 years. Laughing

CP3 and D12 would not sign an extension in boston because they do not want to play there. Get over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you kind of bored last night dude?