ESPN - Celtics to acquire G Jerryd Bayless from Grizzlies for G Courtney Lee, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

ESPN - Celtics to acquire G Jerryd Bayless from Grizzlies for G Courtney Lee, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: ESPN - Celtics to acquire G Jerryd Bayless from Grizzlies for G Courtney Lee, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That means Celtics save 11.125m in total salaries.

Bayless has an expiring contract while still has 2 years left after this season.

Danny Ainge has once again hit the jackpot!

[/QUOTE]

Right.  Great trade.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: ESPN - Celtics to acquire G Jerryd Bayless from Grizzlies for G Courtney Lee, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein

That's o.k..  I want to be toast for this season and next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]

Bayless has an expiring contract while still has 2 years left after this season.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce is Bayless part of the future or is he gone at the end of the year? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The Celtics' maintained interest in Bayless was at the root of this deal, as they wanted him in previous seasons ...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-01-05/celtics-grizzlies-trade-jerryd-bayless-courtney-lee-rudy-gay-trade-exception-brad-stevens-david-joerger

Sounds like the C's/Ainge wanted him and will now have the remainder of the season for Stevens to see how he'll work in his system. If all goes well then one could assume Danny would resign him.

The C's could get as much as $2.1MM TPE back from Memphis for use over the next year (exp 1/15').

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

GO DANNY GO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Celtics' maintained interest in Bayless was at the root of this deal, as they wanted him in previous seasons ...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-01-05/celtics-grizzlies-trade-jerryd-bayless-courtney-lee-rudy-gay-trade-exception-brad-stevens-david-joerger

Sounds like the C's/Ainge wanted him and will now have the remainder of the season for Stevens to see how he'll work in his system. If all goes well then one could assume Danny would resign him.

The C's could get as much as $2.1MM TPE back from Memphis for use over the next year (exp 1/15').

[/QUOTE]

Whoa!

The Celts did NOT get a 2.1m TPE back from Memphis.

You are crazy!

[/QUOTE]

Where'd I say DID? I said as much as or up to ... You spinning my words again?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Incredible deal forC's and for Ainge... he swindled the heck out of them, he'd probably have tossed in a 2nd rd pick to be done with the almost 6m Lee is owed in 2015-16.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

It's simple, Mployee, the difference between Lee's salary and the TPE from the Rudy Gay TPE is what the Celtics will get.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

No!  The difference between Lee and Bayless is what the C's get. The TPE remaining on the Memphis books is $7.5MM less the amount used for Lee. Go back to Capology School cuz as usual you have not read the TPE rules with comprehension.

Lee makes $5.2MM less Bayless's $3.1MM ... The C's get "up to $2.1MM in a new TPE and the Griz now have $7.5MM - $2.1MM left for additional player acquisition.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Incredible deal forC's and for Ainge... he swindled the heck out of them, he'd probably have tossed in a 2nd rd pick to be done with the almost 6m Lee is owed in 2015-16.

[/QUOTE]

Someone here earlier posted that the C's did in fact give up a 2nd rd pick as well but they didn't provide a link and I haven't seen and report yet myself. Could be and if so it's still a good deal with the TPE coming back to us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

now send Green, Bass, and Bradley to Cleveland for Bynum, Waiters, Karasev, and two 2014 first round picks.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

The TPE from the Rudy Gay trade(7.489m) minus the salary of Lee(5.225m) is 2.264m.

That's what will be left of the Rudy Gay TPE for Memphis.

So it's not going to Boston.

My bad.

[/QUOTE]

You're knittpicking ... I know and even educated you on the fact that TPE's are not swapped, but new ones created with new expiration dates, remember?

Common terminology amongst civil people use give or get knowing what is really happening on paper for the transaction but as usual you have to make an issue not only of that but my estimate of $2.1MM ... Get A Life!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

You're knittpicking ... I know and even educated you on the fact that TPE's are not swapped, but new ones created with new expiration dates, remember?

Common terminology amongst civil people use give or get knowing what is really happening on paper for the transaction but as usual you have to make an issue not only of that but my estimate of $2.1MM ... Get A Life!

I never said anything about swapping TPEs.

Show the post where I said the Celts and Griz would swap TPEs.

So STOP LYING!

You said Memphis will be sending back as much as 2.1m in TPE.

That's not accurate.

A TPE will be created.

Sending and creating are two different things, right?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I already know how the TPE works. And if you reread what I said above in BOLD you'll see that I didn't refer to this trade. I was referring to a conversation a year or more ago when you didn't know that new TPE's were created with new expiration dates. I remember your ignorance as though it was yesterday but I'm not looking for a post from a year ago or more to prove it to you. End of Story ... Your figures were wrong and you're trying to cover your butt by making the give/get an issue now. I said $2.1MM and you said "NO WAY" then you come back and say $2.264MM ?!?!?! And now you say "MY BAD" that's how much Memphis will have left! 

NO CRAP!!!! So you were wrong again ... what else is new?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All of a sudden, our guards are midget sized, but he can light it up...Lee was good defensively but frustrating on offense...This will give Sully and Green more room to roam..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All of a sudden, our guards are midget sized, but he can light it up...Lee was good defensively but frustrating on offense...This will give Sully and Green more room to roam..

[/QUOTE]

RR is 6'1" and Bayless 6'3" ... Crawford is 6'4" and Bradley 6'2" ... Brooks is 6'5"

AB is the only one really undersized for his position and Pressey (5'11" ???) if you want to include him as a regular rotation player.

25. This post has been removed.