ESPN's Stein: Pierce/Gay/Gasol 3-way deal

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: ESPN's Stein: Pierce/Gay/Gasol 3-way deal

I dont understand why the lakers are involved why would we want Gasol over Gay? I understand we want a big but gasol is getting old and Gay is young. If Memphis wants Pierce (which this "proposed" deal clearly shows) than id much rather take Gay over Gasol.Its not like Gasol will all of a sudden make us better than the Heat. All Gasol can over us is HOPEFULLY a solid year and a half then we let him go.  Where on the other hand we can build around Rondo and Gay.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Gay's 26.  Salaried thru 2014/2015 max at $19 million

Gasol's 32.  Salaried thru 2013/2014 at $19 million.

Gasol's the pick for this season.  Bigger, more of a inside game, makes Green a starter.

Gay for now and the future.  Younger, future lineup of Melo, Gay, and Green.

Those salaries suck.

Re Grizzlies: Tony Allen's getting paid 3.3 million this year.  Shaking my head at DA again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Think Pierce Is Just Trying To Hard To Get Us Wins And Making Mistakes, I Would Hate To See Him Go....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If this deal happens, there will likely be other players involved as well.  Toney Allen might be coming back to Boston along with Gasol.  If Fab emerges by the second half of next year and Gasol is healthy, the play is for next year with a punchers chance at a run this year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Toney Allen, Rondo, and AB together for certain segments of the game with Gasol and Garnett as the bigs could be very effective and a lot of fun to watch.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

The best thing the Celtics can do it get rid of Pierce.  He is clogging everything up.  He is old and slow and too stupid to change his style.  Pau Gasol is a devastating low post presence and a very tough player; a valid center.  The Celtics have ZERO inside game.  I don't hold with those who think the direction away from the paint is a winning style.  The higher percentage shot always gets the job done and allows an inside-out game that opens up the perimeter shooters.  I like the front court idea of Green-Garnett-Gasol.  I would prefer someone younger by a few years like Gortat over Gasol.  Obviously DeMarcus Cousins would be like a dream because he is a ferocious beast who would make Tyson Chandler look sick and make Brook Lopez and Chris Bosh lose their bladder in their jocks.  It doesn't appear as though such a deal is possible.  Let's hope Boy Mormon can pull it off.  I think Gasol is far more skilled than Dalembert.  Three years ago I would have leaned toward Dalembert for his shot blocking and atheleticism but that was three years ago.  I like this idea; mostly because it gets rid of Pierce who is a liability.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Lakers are NOT trading Gasol with the risk of losing Dwight as well. I think it's more likely they would trade Dwight. 

"1-Pierce for Gay is a great deal & makes us younger...but it doesn't increase our chances for a ring"

No, but we're not winning a ring anyway. If Ainge can make that deal I think he would be I'd be surprised if that could happen even with a third party....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

So then I was thinking...

Can you imagine what it would be like to have DeMarcus Cousins?  Imagine seeing him go to war with Joakim Noah five times in the regular season and having those battles to get out of the conference?  That would be good basketball...both players would become men.  David Stern should mandate that Cousins become a Celtic just to force those matchups.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

The more I think about the three-way trade, the more I like the idea of Gasol in green.  Whose nut sack does Danny need to massage to get this done?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to red2004sox's comment:

How many years left on Gasol's contract?  Because at 19 mill your just swopping players.  PP has shown his age and we need length.

Gasol is only under contract until next season. So if it doesn't work out, Gasol will only be a Celtics for 1 and a half seasons.

And Gasol could also be flipped @ next seasons deadline for another major player with the $19M in salary....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Ainge once said he wouldn't do what Red did with the old Big 3. This is Ainge's chance to follow through on that promise.

Easier said than done, as DA has found out.  But by their play as of late, they might as well be called the "Boston Trademe's" as "Boston Celtics".

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Gay's 26.  Salaried thru 2014/2015 max at $19 million

Gasol's 32.  Salaried thru 2013/2014 at $19 million.

Gasol's the pick for this season.  Bigger, more of a inside game, makes Green a starter.

Gay for now and the future.  Younger, future lineup of Melo, Gay, and Green.

Those salaries suck.

Re Grizzlies: Tony Allen's getting paid 3.3 million this year.  Shaking my head at DA again.

A starting lineup with Green at PF and Gay at SF?  Good Lord, if you think the Celtics are getting killed on the boards now, they will really get killed with that lineup.  We have our future starting power forward on the roster now - Sullinger....and he's gonna be a beast.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pierce has looked sloppy and slow for a few weeks but I tend to blame our HOF coach for that... as least to some extent.

The problem with trading Pierce is we have no scorer left on the team. We've seen the old PP during this season more than a couple of times... scored 40 one night, didnt he??? If youre too old and lost ur legs, youre not gonna score 40 in the NBA...

Pierce needs to be managed correctly..Doc hasnt a clue.

If we let PP go, then we need a go-to guy in return imo.... Ive always liked Gasol and would like him on the C's, but hes not filling the spot left by PP.... and Im not about to count on JG at this point, still an unknown thanks to Docs random, spin the wheel  rotations