Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Re: Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it.

Again Thank you Danny for that fabulous trade!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bill Simmons is now a LA guy.  He is no longer reliable.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it.:
    [QUOTE]Bill Simmons is now a LA guy.  He is no longer reliable.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Wherever Simmons hangs his hat, he's still all green inside.
    He doesn't like what he's seeing right now and he knows that Danny's trades have something to do with it.
    If things change, he'll be the first to admit Danny's a genius.
    If things don't he'll be calling for his head on a pike, like a lot of us will.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it. : It's called FLIP-FLOPPING!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    If deep inside you're all about your team winning, and you see them starting to blow their chance at a title through shaky play and trades, and you don't speak your mind about it, you're just drinking kool-aid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Bill is wrong either the Celtics or Heat will be in the finals.  I predicted the Heat in July,so I,ll have to go with the Heat.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it. : Donnie Wahlberg said the Celts would not have even reached Game 7 last year if Bynum was healthy. He said the trade was a good move. Usually NBA teams struggle at some point in the season. The Lakers lost 5 games in each of the last 5 months. It was only after the All-Star break that the Lakers started playing well again. Even the Spurs are starting to lose games this month. The reality is the Celtics core players are not young anymore. I had them winning 57 games this season and they're still on pace. The loss to the Bobcats was ugly, that's true. They're also not playing well, that's also true. But don't forget the Celts had a great regular season in 2008 before playing like crap in the 1st round against the Hawks.
    Point taken.  And those of us who are venting our frustrations with the team's play and the GM haven't forgotten how we were doing the same thing last year before the playoffs.  Getting caught up in last nights score and not seeing the big picture is the normal thing to do.
    The playoffs is when things are (finally) real.
    I just hope we're all healthy, rested, and mentally firing on all cylinders then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it. : Donnie Wahlberg said the Celts would not have even reached Game 7 last year if Bynum was healthy. He said the trade was a good move. Usually NBA teams struggle at some point in the season. The Lakers lost 5 games in each of the last 5 months. It was only after the All-Star break that the Lakers started playing well again. Even the Spurs are starting to lose games this month. The reality is the Celtics core players are not young anymore. I had them winning 57 games this season and they're still on pace. The loss to the Bobcats was ugly, that's true. They're also not playing well, that's also true. But don't forget the Celts had a great regular season in 2008 before playing like crap in the 1st round against the Hawks.

You also had the Lakers only winning 52...guess the Lake Show loses every game here on in huh....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even homer Bill Simmons Knows it. : Wherever Simmons hangs his hat, he's still all green inside. He doesn't like what he's seeing right now and he knows that Danny's trades have something to do with it. If things change, he'll be the first to admit Danny's a genius. If things don't he'll be calling for his head on a pike, like a lot of us will.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I agree that Bill Simmons is still a Celtics supporter.  Danny will definitely get the blame for these trades if the Celtics don't do well during the playoffs this season.  Danny probably felt that he had no choice except to trade Perk.  I would have liked to see him trade someone else instead of Perk to get a backup to Paul Pierce.   Maybe it would have been possible to trade Nate to someone for a replacement backup to Paul Pierce.  It would have been better than trading Perk. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mondomara. Show mondomara's posts

"Maybe it would have been possible to trade Nate to someone for a replacement backup to Paul Pierce."
         You're not serious, I hope.  Sure, they could've traded Nate but what would you have gotten in return?  Someone who would be on the bench.....all the time.  No one expected that the two O'Neals would give a total more time leading the BSO or playing it up in Harvard Square instead of on the court (although I, for one, was against the Jermaine deal).  This team is really doing a hurt now, and once it's between the ears, then it's trouble.  I like Green and Krstic; I think the trade was okay, but it's neither of those two who are blowing these games.  Pierce heaving up 3s is a bad Antoine flashback.  And KG not leaving his feet for a rebe and allowing the Bobcats an extra possession is what aggravates.  Hey, I felt the same way last year, so maybe we should all shut up and wait it out.  Who knows?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The question may end up being did Danny trade Perkins for the right people.

Maybe Kristic and Green were not good fits with a big three that are very tight and unable to open up to a new player's ability.  Old guys especially ones as good as the big three are often inflexible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

By the way why can't we blame Danny for thinking Shaq would be ready to play so we could trade Perkins.

He should have known the risks.  Shaq was already out for three weeks when the trade was made.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

[QUOTE]The question may end up being did Danny trade Perkins for the right people. Maybe Kristic and Green were not good fits with a big three that are very tight and unable to open up to a new player's ability.  Old guys especially ones as good as the big three are often inflexible.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

All kidding aside you do raise a good point.