Everybody is Available

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Everybody is Available

In Response to Everybody is Available:
    [QUOTE]“I think he’s talking about moving everybody. I really do,” Mannix said of Ainge. “I’ve had conversations with different people around the league; I would throw Rajon Rondo on that list as well. … http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/06/22/chris-mannix-on-dc-rajon-rondo-has-been-on-the-table-in-the-past-year/
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Very interesting article. Chris Mannix is terrific and really handsome.  He is a big supporter of the Celtics since he is from Quincy.  
    It sounds like it is possible that Danny may trade some Celtics players if he has the chance. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I know DA tends to be a gunslinger but I wonder if the proposed $62MM flex cap has forced his hand a bit. With the new proposal it seems like the only way you could go over the cap is with the Bird rights but what's the use of using these rights if you already have an old team nearing retirement anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ahem! Um, so when are people going to understand how Ainge works. I'm not sure if he'll trade Rondo but if the right deal came along I think he'd do it. Rondo isn't untouchable.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Everybody is Available:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Everybody is Available : The flex cap will be to the Celts advantage because Pierce, Rondo, and Jeff Green are the only players under contract for the 2012-13 season.

Pierce, Rondo, Bradley, and this year's pick will be under contract.  Jeff Green has no contract at all unless Danny opts to sign him to a contract.

So Pierce and Rondo will be on the books for close to $30 million then whatever Bradley and this year's pick will be on the books for - why does that create an advantage for the Cs?  It is an advantage of some sort to have only 4 players under contract that take up almost half the salary cap? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Everybody is Available:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Everybody is Available : The flex cap will be to the Celts advantage because Pierce, Rondo, and Jeff Green are the only players under contract for the 2012-13 season.

I guess my question is would it be more advantageous for the Celts to take on big salaries before the flex cap goes into affect (like Miami & Dallas already have) and use the Bird rights to keep those players on the team/books in 2012 and beyond rather than clearing your books (as we are set to have happen in 2012) and then trying to fit many quality FA's under the new cap?

It just seems like it's really more of a flex cap for teams like Miami and more of a hard cap for teams like the 2012 Celts who may have a lot more open slots to fill with less money ($62MM) because older players like KG, RA, and JO may not re-up and if they do, it will be for short money; but teams who alreday have big salaries can go over the cap usinf the Bird rights.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Everybody is Available:
    [QUOTE]“I think he’s talking about moving everybody. I really do,” Mannix said of Ainge. “I’ve had conversations with different people around the league; I would throw Rajon Rondo on that list as well. … http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/06/22/chris-mannix-on-dc-rajon-rondo-has-been-on-the-table-in-the-past-year/

Didn't we hear this last year as well.  That Danny was going to be very aggressive.  But nothing happened.  And some time back there was the discussion with Memphis on trading Rondo and Perk for Rudy Gay, Mike Conley and some kind of a draft pick exchange.  Nothing happened.  With Danny, everybody is on the block provided will improve the team.

My gut feel is that Rondo and Ray Allen are the best bets to be traded.  In Ray's case, it will probably be for a (wink wink) buyout and sign back.