Explain JCrawford to me (seriously)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: Explain JCrawford to me (seriously)

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

[/QUOTE]

"Do you want the ball in Craw's hands or in Rondo's hands when the game is up for grabs?"

- Rondo

"Which of the two wants the ball and can actually make a play at the big moment?"

- Rondo. Crawford hasn't even played in a "big moment" yet.

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that BoogieBone would also prefer  Barney Fife over Andy Taylor for sheriff of Mayberry... in a heartbeat.

To each his own.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

No need to "guess" when you can just ask. I'll save yah the time. The answer... I could give a $#*%.

Boog

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In a single word; contract.

He's playing for his future on a rebuilding team that is perfect for showcasing talent.  Let's be real, this guy has bounced around the league for a reason.  

When Bradley was running the point we had the best defense in the NBA but couldn't score, when Crawford started playing point we started scoring but perimeter players started blowing by our defense and getting our bigs into foul trouble.  The guy is a tweener.

If we could morph Crawford and Bradley into a single player you would have a heck of a point guard.  He will likely be packaged and moved, otherwise he'll make a decent player next to Rondo, the notion of him replacing Rondo is ridiculous, he is a shooting guard with some passing skills not a true point guard, you have to be able to guard on the perimeter as well as create offense. We want him to do well to increase his attractiveness to other teams but if I had to compare him to a recent Celtic it would be Delonte West from 05'-07'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

i thought he had nick youngs in him. so am i wrong? yes and i admit it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doc only trust vets who he can limit...it's called over coaching.

[/QUOTE]

oh yea..Seeing the Clippers bench from the sidelines cheering reminds me of Doc in Boston.. Brad is dynamic, develops players..gives them a fair shot..just totally different styles

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the highest that his value will get to.  Danny needs to cash this chip in a timely manner.

[/QUOTE]

Cash in this chip? So we can return to playing 4 on 5 Rondoball?

How many years have we been looking for a PG who can take over and finish a game?

Do you want the ball in Craw's hands or in Rondo's hands when the game is up for grabs?

Which of the two wants the ball and can actually make a play at the big moment?

The answer is all too obvious.

Let  Rondo be BUPG or let Rondo go.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

To each his own Pud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think Crawfords best position is PG. He is in the Kenny Smith, Terry Porter, Derek Fisher range of starting PG's.

Very useful shooting and passing percentages.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Crawfords best position is PG. He is in the Kenny Smith, Terry Porter, Derek Fisher range of starting PG's.

Very useful shooting and passing percentages.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on that one.

[/QUOTE]

But lacks on defense. Hopefully that can be coached!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Is Jordan a restricted free agent this summer?  Can the C's match an offer and keep him (or do a sign and trade)?  His odd release point on his shots kind of reminds me of --hate to invite ridicule---but Earl Monroe.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to postal5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Is Jordan a restricted free agent this summer?  Can the C's match an offer and keep him (or do a sign and trade)?  His odd release point on his shots kind of reminds me of --hate to invite ridicule---but Earl Monroe.

[/QUOTE

Yes, JC is a restricted FA.

The Celts can match.

[/QUOTE]Thanks Fierce.  Now I can root for Jordan's fade-away runners to go in.  I almost was afraid to see him do too well when I thought he would leave without even a sign-and-trade in return.

Courtney may be pressed for minutes after Rondo's return, if Jordan runs the court well with Rondo and Jeff.  Jordan should all kinds of open threes and short runners, as the defense tries to get back on the break.  AB, Rondo, and Jordan could be a nice trio going forward if they are affordable.