Fasten Your Seatbelts Cs Fans!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fasten Your Seatbelts Cs Fans!!

Change may be right around the corner!

Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck commented on possible trades on NECN's This Week in Business.

"There's a likelihood of moves," said Grousbeck. "[Coach] Doc [Rivers] hinted at thinking about it. [President of basketball operations Danny Ainge's] phone rings all day long. I think February will be a busy month, but can't predict yet." CSNNE.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Fasten Your Seatbelts Cs Fans!!

I'm not going to jump ship.....yet. I do think all we need is a legit center and we are back to the grid. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

I'm not going to jump ship.....yet. I do think all we need is a legit center and we are back to the grid. 

and a dumping of the walleye known as bass.  add in a 4/5 and a 5, and if you can switch terry out while you're at it then it's good enough for now. 

but it's only good enough if doc quits running the sneaker treads off of pierce and starts green.  it's only good enough if KG's minutes go down to 28 and he's NOT the only, primary and secondary rebounder on the floor

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It is going to be interesting! Reddick and Gortat would be nice additions.

JJ may have a say in the matter. If his agent tells other teams that he will only sign with the C's next year, no other team will trade for him, giving DA allot of leverage as the trade deadline nears. JT and a 1st round pick next year (weak draft)?

Gortat for Melo makes sense, but the Cs might regret making that trade down the road!

Win now? OR Build towards the future? I would love to know what DA is thinking!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Win now? OR Build towards the future? I would love to know what DA is thinking!!

Although we all know that Ainge has it's own mind, we know nothing whose gonna be the new man, he has respect to Pierce & Garnett. I think these two still in the team and someone will be shipped out. Next season, it will be different story. Garnett & Pierce will be in the balancing pole. I think win now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I think the season is basically over.  Let's say we get Reddick and Gortat for????I dunno....um...let's say Melo and Green and Bradley...where does that leave us?  We'd have a real team with a real front court, but would we be a good team?  I think maybe good but certainly not good enough to get past Chicago or Miami.  Speaking of Miami and seatbelts, we are gonna get shellacked? tomorrow.  (What the heck is the past tense of shellac anyway?)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Bass always plays better at the end of the season then the beginning. I think half of Bass's problem so far is Doc putting him in a role that he doesn't fit,which is why seems to be forcing his game rather than letting it happen, he is not KG lite never will be he is though the same player that really really helped us last year being Bass. Plus tradinga  player when he is under performing after signing a decent contract gets about .50cents on the dollar same with Green and PP right now. Rondo isn't getting traded unless we can really make a huge blockbuter trade and @ 11 mil I don't see anyone who would even close talent wise for that $$. WE could package Bass,Terry and Melo and a pick to the right team and that could be Orlando who has some youth and some players that would be good fits for a good team,which we are,but too expensive and take PT away from young players development and evaluation. If we are playing the way we are now and no in house adjustments are made I think it is more likely that Doc may be going not any of our core players. I've always been a supporter of Doc but his coaching and role decisions so far this season are very suspect, especially this last last month.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

sorry but we also need a go to scorer who demands a double team............if you watch us move the ball the opposing defense is either playing zone daring us to shoot from the outside or matching up man to man which means no matter how much we pass the ball around the perimeter no one is open............

Well, hopefuly Ainge can pull a rabbit hat for Cousin & Reddick -- He can shoot outside. Bradley & Rondo can't shoot outside....oh yeah, once in a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I agree with the scoring kind of, there is more than one way to create better spacing than a lights out 3 pt shooter. The Bigman Issue is as just a matter of supply and demand there just aren't more than 3-4 talented centers out there that don't have fewer questions than answers and the teams that have them ain't giving them up. With bigs we would have to over pay and hamstring for any manuvers later or take a big gamble on a underperforming Big or putting up good stats on bad teams one that brings on a different issues that we may or not be able to correct. I agree with you on other posts where said your not giving up yet and you shouldn't I just think some of the issues that need correcting aren't either available or as cut and dried a some  people think. Most of us are fans and not GMs so most opinions are equally valid but not equally doable. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

Speaking of Miami and seatbelts, we are gonna get shellacked? tomorrow.  (What the heck is the past tense of shellac anyway?)

shellac transitive verb

shel·lacked  shel·lack·ing Definition of SHELLAC 1 :  to coat or otherwise treat with shellac or a shellac varnish 2 :  to defeat decisively

Pud