Re: Faverani is a winner
posted at 11/19/2013 1:32 PM EST
In response to Mployee8's comment:
In response to Fierce34's comment:
In response to celticsince1958's comment:
26 minutes and gets 14 rebounds of which 5 were on offense plus 4 blocks and 9 pts.
So tell me who has done better as a center for the Celtics besides Garnett in the last decade?
If he played 39 minutes what would he have done?
Yeah, but it was only yesterday that one poster here wanted to trade Bass and Fav for Asik.
and you agreed it could happen ... which way is the wind blowing today?
Re: Once again Ainge throws cold water on the 2014 draft
posted at 11/15/2013 1:14 AM EST
- Posts: 14080
- First: 12/2/2009
- Last: 11/17/2013
1) Wallace, Bradley & Bogans for Gay ... Increase in this years team salary by+$750K
2) Bass & Faverini for Asik ... ($9.75M-$8.3M) Reduction in this years team salary -$1.45M
3) At trade deadline, Humphries for Hawes/Brown/Allen ... ($12M-6.5M-3.1M-3M) Increase in this years team salary+$600K
4) Sign Morrow over summer with trade exception
All 3 trades work, but out of the 3 trade proposals, 2 doesn't make sense for the other teams.
3. The question is why would Philly do the trade when they can get more for Hawes?
Kwame Brown and Hawes both have expiring deals.
So why would Philly settle for just Humpy?
1. If Toronto wants to save money by trading Rudy Gay, accepting Gerald Wallace's contract is not the answer.
Gay only has 19.3m left after this season.
GW has 20.2m left after this season.
And Toronto already has DeRozan and Terrence Ross, so why would they want AB?
2. Bass and Fav for Asik could happen.
HEY FIERCE, THE CELTICS FINALLY FIND A GENUINE BIG MAN (on a perfect contract) AND YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM AWAY FOR A GUY WHO COULD BE THIS YEAR'S "VITALY POTEKENKO".......
OK, THAT'S A LITTLE HARSE ON ASIK , BUT THE POINT IS, YOU DON'T GIVE UP FAV TO GET HIM, YOU THROW IN BROOKS OR PRESSEY WITH BASS
FAV IS A KEEPER , NOT AN ALL STAR BUT A REAL GENUINE KEEPER , WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING FIERCE ?