Feasibility of free agent acquisitions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Feasibility of free agent acquisitions

After reading articles on the available free agents the C's could pursue, I am curious about how feasible some moves are. I know there are a number of posters who know much more about cap room and other contingencies. I personally like the idea of considering Brooks, Smith, Landry, and Dalembert. Maybe I am dreaming, but what would be necessary for the C's to make this possibly happen? I would factor in letting BBD, Arroyo, JON, and Sasha OR Wafer to go. Thanks for info on the possibility of such transactions and/or level or illogical thinking.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions

Re-sign West, Wafer, Green and Krstic.
    Trade Baby to WAS for Blatche (sign and trade, and they are taking Kanter)
    Give MLE to Crawford
    Sign Chris Johnson from D League
    Draft Vucecic (sp) at 25

I think that makes us 2 deep at all 5 spots (3 deep at SG and C)

or maybe sign and trade Baby for Beasley, as it appears MN will be taking Derrick Wiliams!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 6/2/2011
    Last: 6/7/2011
    Re-sign West, Wafer, Green and Krstic.
    Trade Baby to WAS for Blatche (sign and trade, and they are taking Kanter)
    Give MLE to Crawford - like he would want to go there for the MLE.  Laughing

I think that makes us 2 deep at all 5 spots (3 deep at SG and C)

or maybe sign and trade Baby for Beasley, as it appears MN will be taking Derrick Wiliams! - Baby for Beasley? McFale is no longer the GM in MN. Surprised

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Ainge has no choice but to consider Deandre Jordan (my favorite) and Dalembert.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions:
    [QUOTE]Ainge has no choice but to consider Deandre Jordan (my favorite) and Dalembert.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Good choices, but can't see Dalembert playing for MLE (all we can offer).  Also think Clips will match any offer for Jordan!  But then again, it's the Clips!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : Good choices, but can't see Dalembert playing for MLE (all we can offer).  Also think Clips will match any offer for Jordan!  But then again, it's the Clips!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

And yet, you can see jamal crawford playing for the MLE? You are a joke! Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge has no choice but to consider Deandre Jordan (my favorite) and Dalembert.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I think we might have missed the boat on Jordan. Rumor is Clippers sending Kaman to Philly for AI, thus guaranteeing them to re-signing Jordan. We need a defensive center that can also score some points. Erden would have been good, but he is gone, I wonder if he is going back to Turkey.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6641932

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : I think we might have missed the boat on Jordan. Rumor is Clippers sending Kaman to Philly for AI, thus guaranteeing them to re-signing Jordan. We need a defensive center that can also score some points. Erden would have been good, but he is gone, I wonder if he is going back to Turkey. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6641932
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]
    I liked Erden also. Ainge did a great job in drafting him, idiotic move getting rid of him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Danny has done some good things and some bad things.  I am one of the few that thinks long term the Perk trade was good (short term bad as Danny put too much faith in an old, ailing, Shaq).  But, his move with Semih was truly stupid.  If you're getting rid of Perk, why get rid of Semih, as well??????   Maybe its because you get something good in return.  So what did he get.....the 2013 SECOND ROUND draft pick that is coming from Minnesota.  By 2013, Minnesota with its draft picks could be a team close to the playoffs.  So, we'd get a pick in the mid-second round.

For that, we gave up a center who could have battled for rebounds better than Krstic and Luke (who was worthless, anyway, but why trade him to pick up Murphy who was even MORE worthless?).

In every way I can look at it, that was a stupid move that just had no logic.  One can argue pros and cons to the Perk deal.  One cannot see ONE POSITIVE of the Semih to Cleveland deal!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Danny has done some good things and some bad things.  I am one of the few that thinks long term the Perk trade was good (short term bad as Danny put too much faith in an old, ailing, Shaq).  But, his move with Semih was truly stupid.  If you're getting rid of Perk, why get rid of Semih, as well??????   Maybe its because you get something good in return.  So what did he get.....the 2013 SECOND ROUND draft pick that is coming from Minnesota.  By 2013, Minnesota with its draft picks could be a team close to the playoffs.  So, we'd get a pick in the mid-second round. For that, we gave up a center who could have battled for rebounds better than Krstic and Luke (who was worthless, anyway, but why trade him to pick up Murphy who was even MORE worthless?). In every way I can look at it, that was a stupid move that just had no logic.  One can argue pros and cons to the Perk deal.  One cannot see ONE POSITIVE of the Semih to Cleveland deal!!!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Erden was done for the season when he was traded ... the positive is that Danny got back the draft pick used to pick Erden who was worthless to the C's for the rest of 2011 and possibly 2012 when his contract expires anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : Erden was done for the season when he was traded ... the positive is that Danny got back the draft pick used to pick Erden who was worthless to the C's for the rest of 2011 and possibly 2012 when his contract expires anyway.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Erden played 4 games for the Cavs this season. How is that done for the season?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

well Kristic is gone so forget about him, he's decided he rather dominate in Moscow than play for a real basketball team. Deandre Jordan (possible trade?), Jeff Green (re-sign), delonte west (re-sign), another big and a back-up point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : Erden played 4 games for the Cavs this season. How is that done for the season?
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7500

That's why he was traded smart guy .... and when he's healed his contract expires then he may bolt for home.

Speaking of done ... I'm done with you loser ... you know/contribute nothing and are stuck in first gear with your snide remarks ... keep it up and you'll hear from the moderator. Like I'm the only one on these boards that talks about S&T's ... if you want to keep score check your boy P34 and all the others here otherwise zip it pal!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : Erden was done for the season when he was traded ... the positive is that Danny got back the draft pick used to pick Erden who was worthless to the C's for the rest of 2011 and possibly 2012 when his contract expires anyway.

Erden was not done for the season, my man.  Check the stats....he played after being traded and any minutes he could have given the C's would have been helpful minutes at the 5 spot given JON getting tired, Perk gone, and Shaq hurt.

moveover - one cannot assume Semih was headed back to his homeland.  There would be a season of him improving and working his way into the 2011/2012 lineup and then both he AND the team would have had a decision to make.

But the major point of that is EVEN IF HE WAS LEAVING, getting a 2nd round pick 3 years out from a young improving team is WORTHLESS.   That's a mistake.  I'd rather see Semih play with us for these playoffs and next year and then leave for nothing.  At least we'd get some playing time out of him.   What is a high 2nd round pick in 2013 going to get us for 2014??????  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : Erden was not done for the season, my man.  Check the stats....he played after being traded and any minutes he could have given the C's would have been helpful minutes at the 5 spot given JON getting tired, Perk gone, and Shaq hurt. moveover - one cannot assume Semih was headed back to his homeland.  There would be a season of him improving and working his way into the 2011/2012 lineup and then both he AND the team would have had a decision to make. But the major point of that is EVEN IF HE WAS LEAVING, getting a 2nd round pick 3 years out from a young improving team is WORTHLESS.   That's a mistake.  I'd rather see Semih play with us for these playoffs and next year and then leave for nothing.  At least we'd get some playing time out of him.   What is a high 2nd round pick in 2013 going to get us for 2014??????  

Agreed, Trading Semih was a mistake by Ainge. We signed Murphy instead, and he never cracked the lineup. We could have used the guy right now

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : Erden was not done for the season, my man.  Check the stats....he played after being traded and any minutes he could have given the C's would have been helpful minutes at the 5 spot given JON getting tired, Perk gone, and Shaq hurt. moveover - one cannot assume Semih was headed back to his homeland.  There would be a season of him improving and working his way into the 2011/2012 lineup and then both he AND the team would have had a decision to make. But the major point of that is EVEN IF HE WAS LEAVING, getting a 2nd round pick 3 years out from a young improving team is WORTHLESS.   That's a mistake.  I'd rather see Semih play with us for these playoffs and next year and then leave for nothing.  At least we'd get some playing time out of him.   What is a high 2nd round pick in 2013 going to get us for 2014??????  

I agree, check the stats ... he played FOUR games for the Cavs. Sure they (or the C's) could have kept him out there for a few more games but unless you know the nature of the injury you could be making a bad situation worse. The C's decided against playing him anymore, whether they thought playing could make the injury worse or that he would be ineffective is a moot point ... he was done and the Cav's apparently came to the same conclusion scheduling the shoulder surgery.

Regarding the pick ... it can't be any worse than the one the C's used to select Erden in the first place ... LAST player chosen in the SECOND ROUND 2008!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions : I agree, check the stats ... he played FOUR games for the Cavs. Sure they (or the C's) could have kept him out there for a few more games but unless you know the nature of the injury you could be making a bad situation worse. The C's decided against playing him anymore, whether they thought playing could make the injury worse or that he would be ineffective is a moot point ... he was done and the Cav's apparently came to the same conclusion scheduling the shoulder surgery. Regarding the pick ... it can't be any worse than the one the C's used to select Erden in the first place ... LAST player chosen in the SECOND ROUND 2008!

You said Erden was done for the season when he got traded, then he played 4 games for the Cavs. So you're a freakin' liar, beach!

posted at 6/9/2011 2:28 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 6/10/2011
    In Response to Re: Feasibility of free agent acquisitions:
    Danny has done some good things and some bad things.  I am one of the few that thinks long term the Perk trade was good (short term bad as Danny put too much faith in an old, ailing, Shaq).  But, his move with Semih was truly stupid.  If you're getting rid of Perk, why get rid of Semih, as well??????   Maybe its because you get something good in return.  So what did he get.....the 2013 SECOND ROUND draft pick that is coming from Minnesota.  By 2013, Minnesota with its draft picks could be a team close to the playoffs.  So, we'd get a pick in the mid-second round. For that, we gave up a center who could have battled for rebounds better than Krstic and Luke (who was worthless, anyway, but why trade him to pick up Murphy who was even MORE worthless?). In every way I can look at it, that was a stupid move that just had no logic.  One can argue pros and cons to the Perk deal.  One cannot see ONE POSITIVE of the Semih to Cleveland deal!!!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Erden was done for the season when he was traded ... the positive is that Danny got back the draft pick used to pick Erden who was worthless to the C's for the rest of 2011 and possibly 2012 when his contract expires anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Yeah, you're a liar! 

Erden was done for the season when he was traded? Let me rephrase that, in your delusional world, playing 4 games for the Cavs, after being acquired from Boston, is done for the season?

If what you're saying is true then Erden SHOULD have not played even one game. Or you could have said Erden was damaged goods when he was traded.

Keep spinning if you must, but Erden played 4 games for the Cavs after he got traded. That IS NOT done for the season. Maybe almost done for the season, but NOT in any way done for the season, idiot!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Why is everyone in LUV with D West.....hes overpaid and is consistently either hurt and not on floor....He should b added to the all injured list and play there....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

[QUOTE]Re-sign West, Wafer, Green and Krstic. Trade Baby to WAS for Blatche (sign and trade, and they are taking Kanter) Give MLE to Crawford Sign Chris Johnson from D League Draft Vucecic (sp) at 25 I think that makes us 2 deep at all 5 spots (3 deep at SG and C) or maybe sign and trade Baby for Beasley, as it appears MN will be taking Derrick Wiliams!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Baby won't do a s&t. Chris Johnson is in the NBA. Kristic signed with Russia. Kanter will go 3rd or 4th, not 6th..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Danny is deep in conference now that he has his son Austin back as Director of Player Development.  You can be sure that we will see someone playing the center position for the Celtics next year.  Maybe it will be the back-up center that played for Austin and the Red Claws (D League) this past season.  There is only one direction the Celtics are going under the guidance of DA---and we all know which direction that is going to be for many years.  

Remember this, DA knows Basketball Toughness, how to set picks, get loose balls, and rebounds. He truly is a wonder.