Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

You seem to use every post on this board to market this idea that we need to upgrade the PF spot with either: Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol, Josh Smith, or Amare. I'd personally put Millsap at the top of that list, but regardless, I'm trying to figure out the possibility. How do we get one of these guys?

Al Jefferson is 15M

Paul Gasol is 19M 

Josh Smith is 13M

Amare is 20M

Milsap is 8M

We have to assume that Rondo, Paul, Kevin, Jet (?) are not tradable pieces. I'd say Bradley is unlikely something that Doc/Danny would give up. Everyone else is in play. I just don't see a scenerio that would benefit us and the other team. I think Josh/Milsap are the only possibilities. Both will be FA, and we could possible get Milsap or Smith for Bass and Lee? Why would ATL or UTAH want that? Maybe Green for Milsap, but what would we do with Bass and no SF to back up Paul? Maybe Green and Bass for Big Al, but again who's going to help us rest Paul?

The point is, you've proposed trades before and you're pushing for this to happen, so lets see a proposal or two. Lets hash it out - maybe predict the inevitable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

Millsap and Varejao are realsitic (Millsap more than AV) and affordable targets, Varejao would cost a lot in talent and picks but is the perfect fit, far more than ANY of those other PF's mentioned.

Anyone who has followed Danny Ferry knows Smith is going nowhere until Dwight signs an extension in LA... he holds out hope of a CP3-Smith-Howard trio, with Horford possibly even staying.

Jefferson doesn't play good defense, but is taller than Millsap, gets 8-10 boards and would put us in a situation where he can ouscore Bosh and rest KG, both needed things. Would need both the Lee and Bass salaries. Both are super expensive.

Amare has even more health concerns then Al, 2 years and and INSANE 45 million after this one AND you'd have to get more salaries than Bass, Lee and 1-2 rookies/vet min guys involved to get him. no way Danny does that. Crazy chemistry concerns as well.

Gasol is a Laker and makes the same as amare.... again, fantasy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I dont understand how you could possibly want Amare, especially when we have to pay him 20+ M for two more years. We can't afford that, and he's not worth it. I'd say same with Gasol. I'm really liking a deal with the Jazz, we just have to hope that they are trending out of the playoffs by January. I'm not sure what their plans will be in the off season, if they're trying to get Favors to start for them next year, keep Al or keep Millsap, but I can't see them doing all three.

Smith's ~13 M .. so Bass 6.5 and Lee 5, we need to give them something else. I'd hate to lose Wilcox or a Barbosa from what they've shown thus far

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Fierce,

Really the point of thinking this out fully is that I think you're wrong. I don't see a realistic way we upgrade our team in January to contend this year unless we can do a Millsap for Bass swap or something else that only gives up Bass, Lee and maybe Darko (who knows maybe we can get a stretch of good games from Darko and stir up some interest in him)

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce,

Really the point of thinking this out fully is that I think you're wrong. I don't see a realistic way we upgrade our team in January to contend this year unless we can do a Millsap for Bass swap or something else that only gives up Bass, Lee and maybe Darko (who knows maybe we can get a stretch of good games from Darko and stir up some interest in him)

[/QUOTE]

Good points, the other names are pretty unrealistic.

Josh Smith CANNOT be had for that package as it is clear to anyone paying attention to ferry's moves that unless Dwight is extended Smith stays.

A Millsap for Bass swap would likely have to involve a 3rd team, as Utah needs backcourt help... but if we threw in a 1st and/or Melo I can see that being enough to land a guy who may be leaving anyhow. Or throw in Lee and try to get Jefferson instead of Millsap.

Lee, Sully and picks for Varejao also makes sense for both sides, although Varejao is looking like he is playing his way out of such a deal b/c other teams could offer more. He is the perfect fit however, above anyone other big that may be on the block.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

R9R started a post to 'fully' discuss how he feels you are wrong

Your childish arrogance at thinking you are the only one entitled to respond (also hypocritical considering how often you stamp your feet and say its a free country) is not appreciated or mature.

Considering how often you post the same thing OVER and OVER in multiple threads, considering this site is your life, obviously makes you the #1 target for anyone who wants to talk frontcourt upgrades to the celtics.

but considering I threw out some of the same names earlier than you and clearly know more about the situations of the teams than you, I'll give my two cents on what might be realistic and backup R9R when he calls you out on what is not.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

R9R was calling you out for being 'wrong', I was kinder and just said your names were unrealstic and then mentioned the Ferry-Dwight dream when it comes to Josh smith that you repeatedly fail to bring up (or know?) when you say he is your #1 guy.

Too many words for you to read there fierce? The title of this thread implies you want something... and anyone is welcome to tell us how to get it. I think Gasol, Smith and Amare are foolish names to bring up (for now) but nobody is 'wrong' until the deadline obviously.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rame

Maybe after the first post you can get away with it. But the other post of R9R clearly indicated it was for Fierce. But you replied to a post intended for Fierce. 

What happened to your "Who should start?" thread? Full of crickets?

HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, so sad... nobody comes off more pathetic and petty than you, I pity the life you lead.

I rarely start threads b/c people here want to have girl fights with trolls, name call and draw negative attention to themselves for screaming controversial titles. Intelligent discussions of real Celtic issues are hard to come by on the board these days.

But my life and self-worth doesn't revolve around people responding to my comments on an internet board like yours does. I am content with my sane and intelligent opinions being put down, nobody has to say a thing, the content is what counts. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/who-should-start/100/6438984

HAHAHA!!!

Seriously, rame, 3 straight posts from you on your own thread and CRICKETS!

One thing's for sure, Pierce is NOT going to be a 6th man.

Like I said, not very bright.

[/QUOTE]

Your pathetic

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

R9R started a post to 'fully' discuss how he feels you are wrong

Your childish arrogance at thinking you are the only one entitled to respond (also hypocritical considering how often you stamp your feet and say its a free country) is not appreciated or mature.

Considering how often you post the same thing OVER and OVER in multiple threads, considering this site is your life, obviously makes you the #1 target for anyone who wants to talk frontcourt upgrades to the celtics.

but considering I threw out some of the same names earlier than you and clearly know more about the situations of the teams than you, I'll give my two cents on what might be realistic and backup R9R when he calls you out on what is not.

[/QUOTE]

Rame ... I welcome your input. I was hoping for more thought into actual trades scenerios than "trade for x"

I think you're right about Utah and needing a third team involved. But then again, with Millsap gone, they could use bass as a pure scorer off the bench. Hell, even though I'd hate to lose anything thats been so good to us so far, maybe a Bass & Barbosa for Millsap trade could work.

Millsap could be part of a solid future team of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Millsap and x. That may not sound like enough star power, but really Rondo is a super-star, bradley could develop into a star, Millsap is going to continue to improve into a star and J. Green could be that solid player one notch below.

Plus if we keep some lights-out 3point shooters on our bench, we could be a solid team without labouring through that rebuilding phase. Anyway, rondo's been shooting pretty well. Bradley will have to continue to develop his outside shooting, and Green and Millsap can both hit 3's. You throw Sullinger in there as a center against smaller teams, and thats all five players who can stretch the floor ... PLUS .... rebound.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm talking this way because realistically, Paul and KG might just retire after this year. Rondo is too good to retain without being a contender, so I see Millsap or a Al Jeff as a piece on that revamped team. Of course, Jeff may remain our 6th man swing man, in which case we will need somebody like PP to replace PP.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

R9R

If the Hawks struggle, Josh can be had for Lee, Bass, and other players plus picks.

Josh is the ideal and best option as the Celts can still keep Jeff Green.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you.  He would be a great addition to the current Celtics team.  Isn't he also good friends with Rondo?