Fierce would never have made the trade that landed McHale and Parish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fierce would never have made the trade that landed McHale and Parish

Fierce is on the record as saying George Hill would be the biggest piece of a hypothetical Pacers/Celtics trade and not the draft picks or 27 million in $ savings the C's would also get.

Guess he'd have never made a McAdoo for M.L.Carr swap. I mean, McAdoo was a 20ppg stud and M.L. a role player. That draft pick the C's got... it was never supposed to become #1 and then turn into McHale and Parish....

I mean c'mon... M.L.Carr was clearly the biggest piece being acquired in that transaction right Fierce? Who trades former all-stars for a 6th man? Red was a pretty big idiot right Fierce?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Fierce would never have made the trade that landed McHale and Parish

"Guess he'd have never made a McAdoo for M.L.Carr swap. I mean, McAdoo was a 20ppg stud and M.L. a role player. That draft pick the C's got... it was never supposed to become #1 and then turn into McHale and Parish."

I'm a big "Celtics must go to the lottery" guy but even I would not support trading a superior talent for an inferior one in the hopes of getting a number one pick that would improbably turn into not one but two superstars. If you want to go that route, you talk Ainge into keeping Rondo in the D league all year and then you get an even worse hit on the floot but you KEEP the player. 

Not an effective argument on your part. The strength of your original trade proposal was that it was not about Hill versus Rondo alone, reducing it to those components hurts your argument

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Guess he'd have never made a McAdoo for M.L.Carr swap. I mean, McAdoo was a 20ppg stud and M.L. a role player. That draft pick the C's got... it was never supposed to become #1 and then turn into McHale and Parish."

I'm a big "Celtics must go to the lottery" guy but even I would not support trading a superior talent for an inferior one in the hopes of getting a number one pick that would improbably turn into not one but two superstars. If you want to go that route, you talk Ainge into keeping Rondo in the D league all year and then you get an even worse hit on the floot but you KEEP the player. 

Not an effective argument on your part. The strength of your original trade proposal was that it was not about Hill versus Rondo alone, reducing it to those components hurts your argument

[/QUOTE]

Oh I was just having some fun.

Ageee with your analysis though. The 1980 Pistons were not supposed to be anywhere near as good as the 2014 (or 2016/18 when we'd hypothetically get picks from them) Pacers, the pick was going to be solid, it just wasn't supposed to be #1.

The issue with McAdoo was that he was a selfish team cancer. If he just landed the team Carr and like pick 14 used on another role player, Red still would have been happy he was gone.

Many here argue Rondo is overhyped, selfish, refuses to improve his game or play to the strengths of his teammates, etc.

But he is still a better attitude guy than McAdoo.

Yet when you look at any trades for Rondo, his flaws as a player and difficult attitude are going to make all other 29 teams hesitate to part with what we in Boston consider 'fair' value. Right now that seems to be a top 7 pick. Unless RR is combined with our own first round pick in the 12-16 range, there is no way he lands us in the top 7.

And I see you know Fierce was wrong to say that I could not debate the fairness of a trade idea that involoved 27 million in cap space and two first round picks for Rondo.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

27m in cap space?

You're dumber than I thought!

Who would we give that 27m to?

You don't even know who are the free-agents of 2015.

And you're going to gamble by trading an All-Star player in Rondo for cap space?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I know all the 2015 free agents. I just don't do your homework for your or make predictions 18 months in advance.

I just know cap space is VERY important and the goal of Danny Ainge in rebuilding is to have it.

I didn't say we had 27 million in space. I said 27 million in SAVINGS... because Rondo, Lee and Wallace will make 29 million next year and Copeland and Hill 11 million. 

If they made such a trade the Celtics would owe about 35 million in salaries that summer. But this does place them with around 25 million in cap space depending on what that # is in 2 seasons. 

That would be with:

- Jeff Green opting out of the 9.2m player option (a lock even if he remains indifferent at times to get between 4/40 and 4/50 from someone.

- The Celtics signing Avery for 7-8 million a year

- Crawford for 4-5 million a year, trumping contenders MLE offers with a 4th or 5th year

- Adding 4 draft picks, one in the lotto (4m), two in the teens (2.5m each) and two in the 20's (1.5m each)

- Hill getting 8m. (I would argue though that by the '15 deadline the the C's could dump him for an expiring with very little added in b/c savvy veteran battle tested combo-guards become ultra valuable to contenders).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Paul George is just 23 years old.

The Pacers are going to be contenders for many more years to come.

So their 1st round picks are really more like 2nd round picks.

All in all, Rondo for cap space, Indy's draft picks, and George Hill is not fair!

If it's really a good deal for the Celts, why won't you advocate Rondo for that George Hill package, rame?

[/QUOTE]

Why are you so idiotic you need the same things said to you over and over again.

A. It is FAIR... it simply isn't a knockout great trade for us. It his been pointed out many times the C's will likely NEVER get what they consider Rondo's value to be b/c of a max contract looming the, knee injury concerns and his attitude/personality coach killer 'I'm the smartest in the room and will never change my ways' reputation.

B. I don't advocate for it because I think we can do better (duh... how many times have I said this clown?) But who knows, maybe that is the best offer we will get all year? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

what is this all about? i dont get it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I now pronounce you man and wife.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the bickersons plus one.  Jersey shore revisited

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what is this all about? i dont get it

[/QUOTE]

Fierce stalking, lying and bullying... typical stuff.

Usually I win these arguments with him like (like I did), then get back to the grind of the real world while he rants and raves and leaves a dozen more comments I don't respond to... leaving him to think he 'won' an argument.

Unfortunately I have been on vacation and bored and have yet to allow Fierce the child to have the last word or be able to say he 'won' something with lies and misrepresentations. 

The child has reacted with an epic tantrum and mental breakdown...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.