Food For Thought....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Food For Thought....

The Heat have shot a total of 68 free throws so far. The Celtics? 40.

And don't tell me the Celtics haven't been attacking the basket and the Heat have. The Celtics have been driving and drawing contact. The calls that the Heat are getting the Celtics aren't - plain and simple. The officiating isn't consistent from team to team and from quarter to quarter.

Just some food for thought....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Re: Food For Thought....

Stop.  It's over.  Let it go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Food For Thought....:
    [QUOTE]Stop.  It's over.  Let it go.
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

What is there to let go of? This series isn't over. I simply stated a fact - and very intriguing fact at that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Food For Thought....:
    [QUOTE]The Heat have shot a total of 68 free throws so far. The Celtics? 40. And don't tell me the Celtics haven't been attacking the basket and the Heat have. The Celtics have been driving and drawing contact. The calls that the Heat are getting the Celtics aren't - plain and simple. The officiating isn't consistent from team to team and from quarter to quarter. Just some food for thought....
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

It's also indicative of their athletic advantage...

but late in the game, Wade and LeBron got EVERY call

LeBron was allowed to throw his body into Garnett before finally getting the block - it was FAR MORE contact than Ray Allen had with LeBron for the foul that was called two or three minutes earlier

The Celtics are just plain older.  It is what it is.  No separation.  Ray Allen and Paul Pierce couldn't separate

Foul shots don't negate the fact that the Celtics can't make baskets

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food For Thought.... : I agree.  Just check out Wade's stats, 28 points, 11-13 from the FT line. Ray Allen can't keep up with Dwyane Wade.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How did LeBron do?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I can deal with loosing to a more athletic team I just wish our guys would leave it on the floor

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bottom line, our offense struggled most of the game and we just cant finish at the rim... The Heat have intimidated us and they had 9 blocks I think tonight...

The small Miami Heat blocked 9 Celtic shots!!

All the experts say if ROndo plays like this or that... will determine the series.. Well, he hasnt been a force and we are dying ou there fighting to beat the shot clock..

The Heat defense is good and we are playing poorly on top of it.  KG was a disaster tonight but looked like an all timer compared to BBD... who's game has been gone for some time now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line, our offense struggled most of the game and we just cant finish at the rim... The Heat have intimidated us and they had 9 blocks I think tonight... The small Miami Heat blocked 9 Celtic shots!! All the experts say if ROndo plays like this or that... will determine the series.. Well, he hasnt been a force and we are dying ou there fighting to beat the shot clock.. The Heat defense is good and we are playing poorly on top of it.  KG was a disaster tonight but looked like an all timer compared to BBD... who's game has been gone for some time now.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

i hate to say it but you might be right.  davis is worth taking a flyer on if there is an extended hold out and you get him for a 1 year deal cheap.  he's murdering his own value.  not sure if the knee tendon is it or he's just wore out his bearings with that big frame. 

but i don't think kg is all-worlding over anyone right now.  he has to go away ASAP.  buy him and ray out and move on please.  pump up rondo as a great rabble rouser next year, maybe he'll shoot 64% free throws like his rookie year and some team will make a trade for a mercurial, punk, b*tch, loner, butth0le of a point guard who can't shoot or operate whatsoever in a half court set.  sounds like the GS warriors REALLY need this guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Jeeesus the doom and gloom...it's 2 road games they lost...they didn't play well and they were in both games...the series is not over...boston needs to protect its home court and win one game in miami...they still have two chances to win a game in miami...baby was awful, no doubt, he'll be better...the big 3 are always "old" when they lose...when boston wins the next two games in boston they'll be hall of famers again...miami was clearly super motivated to get the first 2 on their home floor...obviously we wanted to steal one, we usually do, we didn't this time...gotta keep workin' baby!  The series is not over!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Food For Thought....:
    [QUOTE]The Heat have shot a total of 68 free throws so far. The Celtics? 40. And don't tell me the Celtics haven't been attacking the basket and the Heat have. The Celtics have been driving and drawing contact. The calls that the Heat are getting the Celtics aren't - plain and simple. The officiating isn't consistent from team to team and from quarter to quarter. Just some food for thought....
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

As I already stated in another thread, the elite players in the NBA always have the advantage and get the most favorable calls by the officials.  It is difficult for any team to play against a team with two elite players like Miami. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]It's not about doom and gloom, our old guys simply can't keep up with the young guys anymore. I mean, KG and the Celtic bigs can't even control the paint when only a 6'9 Joel Anthony is standing in their way.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right, and i'm gonna stop kidding you for a while. I realize you want them to win just as bad as i do!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food For Thought.... : i hate to say it but you might be right.  davis is worth taking a flyer on if there is an extended hold out and you get him for a 1 year deal cheap.  he's murdering his own value.  not sure if the knee tendon is it or he's just wore out his bearings with that big frame.  but i don't think kg is all-worlding over anyone right now.  he has to go away ASAP.  buy him and ray out and move on please.  pump up rondo as a great rabble rouser next year, maybe he'll shoot 64% free throws like his rookie year and some team will make a trade for a mercurial, punk, b*tch, loner, butth0le of a point guard who can't shoot or operate whatsoever in a half court set.  sounds like the GS warriors REALLY need this guy.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

They should have tried bundling Glen Davis along with Rondo for either Chris Paul or Deron Williams

The contracts matched up

And clearly Deron Williams was available.