For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah

In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah:
    [QUOTE]the lakers will play 15 back to backs this season. is it possible that the lakers' easy early schedule is designed for them to gain HCA that much sooner, therebye having more time next spring to rest, get healthy, prep for the playoffs, etc? and the earlier the lakers clinch HCA, the more of their late season games are meaningless, right? right. notice that of the lakers last nine games, six are back to back. BS? maybe. maybe not. just saying....
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

That's not something new. Lakers are usually the team which has the least back-to-backs. And with 30 teams in competition, that term 'usually' really should not fit in statistically.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

twelve of the Cs last nineteen games are b2b. meaningful or meaningless? not sure, but seems kind of harsh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers loose at Utah

In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers loose at Utah:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers have no bench. Gasol played 44 minutes tonight.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

The Lakers have an awesome bench. On a per game basis so far this year...Blake(19.1 min. 5.5pts 3asts.), Brown(19.1mins, 11.4pts), Barnes(21min, 9.6pts, 5.6reb), and Odom(15pts., 10reb) once Bynum comes back in two weeks. Those minutes you are holding out as some kind of detriment will be nothing but a distant memory. Bynum brings 15 and 10 in 30 minutes of work in a night in and night out basis. Yes, the Lakers are a 13-3 team, with a big ole 7 footer on the way, so yuck it up and harp on those minutes while you can.

Speaking of minutes, the Lakers have had to push their big men somewhat harder than they would like in Bynum's absence, this is true. The truth is, this is not nearly as bad as you scheming Bostonians would have hoped. Odom is logging 34.6 minutes a contest, about 3 more minutes on average than he did last year coming off the bench. Gasol is logging 38.7 per contest, about 1.7 minutes more than the 37 he logged on average all last year. Artest is logging 27.2 minutes per contest, or almost 5 minutes a game less than last year.

Considering this only has to go on a few more weeks, much to the folks in Boston's chagrin, the Lakers will make it past this with ease. Lets not forget, Kobe is quietly averaging 32.9 minutes a game, 4 minutes less than last year, and his lowest average since his second year in the NBA, directly due to the much improved bench play. A fresher Kobe, and Artest is a more dangerous Kobe and Artest come playoff time, and it looks like this will indeed be the case. And when Bynum returns, Gasol will in all likelihood be logging less minutes than last year, as will Odom. When the meat and potatoes part of the schedule comes, followed by the playoffs, the Lakers have a roster that should be much fresher all around, compared to the one that went championship all over yo azzes last year. 

In the meantime, the Celtics are working their 35 year old shooting guard 38 minutes a game, or 3 minutes more on average than last year. Pierce's minutes are up 2.3 minutes a game on average. Garnett is playing 3 minutes more per game than last year. The load on the Celtics aging front line players has increased more from last year to this year than that of the Lakers, so those that live in glass houses.....often find out reality can be a unseasonably cold winter frost that spoils your whole crop..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

aren't the lakers an older team then the celtics? someone osted the average ages of both teams and the lakers edged out the celtics by a small amrgin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]That is not my comment. The only person in this thread who said the Lakers will be 25-4 by Christmas is Duke4... and he's a Celtics fan.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Friday evening....11:11 PST......you said it pal....check your post on page #1.....unless my glasses are confusing me....which is always a possbility!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wait....my bad....you predicted 24-5....you can make it by going 11-2.....that is very doable....havn't check out the Lakers next 13 opponents...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

To my buddy "give in"......Bynum has never averaged 15/10 in his career....he has averaged 15 ppg once and 10 rpg once....he has a load of talent....but he can't stay healthy....I'll give you a healthy Bynum and you give me a healthy Perk and Shaq.....Boston has the edge in my opinion....you probably won't agree and that's fine....we can continue to agree to disagree my friend...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakers have had a silly easy schedule.  They should not have a loss at this point, but as the season progresses and the first big injury hits we will see how good they are. Barnes makes a lot of noise but I can't remember when he was a real factor for Orlando.  Shannon Brown feasts on lousy opposition and disappears against strong opponents. Steve Blake is so scary good that everyone in the league couldn't wait to sign him.  Oh I stand corrected only the Lakers did.

My prediction is that adversity will hit the Lakers despite their division three schedule.  And it will come down to which of the two rivals has less injuries.  The Lakers have been in the finals for three years running and it really takes its toll.  Look for exhaustion and injuries this year to be their worst enemy besides the Celtics who are tougher and much deeper.  Adversity is the Celtics middle name along with getting through it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Andrew Bynums playoff career

52  games
    7    ppg
    5.2 rpg

best season...2010  8.6 and 6.9

Kendrick Perkins playoff career

68 games
    6.9   ppg
    6.8   rpg

best season...2009  11.9 and 11.6

Perkins plays a tougher interior defense (ask Dwight Howard)....both block shots....Bynum is the more athletic of the two....Perk isn't pretty....but he is effective...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Andrew Bynums playoff career 52  games 7    ppg 5.2 rpg best season...2010  8.6 and 6.9 Kendrick Perkins playoff career 68 games 6.9   ppg 6.8   rpg best season...2009  11.9 and 11.6 Perkins plays a tougher interior defense (ask Dwight Howard)....both block shots....Bynum is the more athletic of the two....Perk isn't pretty....but he is effective...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

don't be throwing facts out there it will cloud the Faker posters mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Lakers won 13 games, but among the 13 only 2 wins are from teams with winning records. Portland and Chicago are the only teams that the Lakers beat with winning records. Against playoff teams like Utah and Denver the Lakers lost both games. 

If the Lakers keep playing the Wolves and the Warriors there is no doubt that the Lakers will look great. But the Lakers have yet to face the Spurs, Hornets, Mavs, and the Thunder. Enough said. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : don't be throwing facts out there it will cloud the Faker posters mind.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

you know....I throw out a lot of facts in an attempt to put things into perspective.....most recently the Bynum/Perk playoff stats.....but I also pointed out the Lakers six trips to the playoffs with losing records.....numerous other facts pointing out Celtic/Laker topics....I get a load of Celtic fan responses.....almost nothing from Laker fans (with the exception of our friend RUWorthy who knows her stuff)....the lack of comments from the trolls speaks volumes.....I guess they would rather read Hollinger's opinions....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...as a follow up.....yes, I am a Celtic fan.....but I appreciate the great history of both of these franchises.....they are #1 & #1A.....and each fan base claims superiority.... that is the way it should be....we both have the right to claim our teams are the best...nothing beats a Celtic/Laker Finals....let's hope it goes on for a long time....I love the Dodgers...but they are nowhere near the Yankees (neither are my beloved Sox)......Celts/Lakers.....it doesn't get any better my friends...lets celebrate our rivalry....there are many great posters from both sides here....I will just wish all of us a happy rivalry and a happy and safe holiday season.....peace my friends!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The next 13 games for the Lakers will be against Ind, Mem, Hou, Sac, Was, LAC, Was, NJN, Was, Ind, Phi, Tor, and Mil. That's why the Lakers are not going to address the need for a backup Center. 

Just look at that, besides Chicago how many playoff teams are on that schedule? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Laker trolls keep telling Celtic fans that when Perk comes back he will not be 100% all season. How about when Andrew Bynum comes back from major knee surgery, when will he be at 100%?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Laker trolls keep telling Celtic fans that when Perk comes back he will not be 100% all season. How about when Andrew Bynum comes back from major knee surgery, when will he be at 100%?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Andrew Bynum has a relatively minor cartilage repair, and Kendrick Perkins had major knee reconstruction. The recovery times differ for those two procedures by over a year. Bynum is expected to be fully recovered with no ill effects of the surgery shortly after he returns, whereas Perkins type of surgery isn't expected to allow him be back too 100% until some time later next year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Laker trolls keep telling Celtic fans that when Perk comes back he will not be 100% all season. How about when Andrew Bynum comes back from major knee surgery, when will he be at 100%?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

They also fail to mention  5 surgeries in 5 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : Andrew Bynum has a relatively minor cartilage repair, and Kendrick Perkins had major knee reconstruction. The recovery times differ for those two procedures by over a year. Bynum is expected to be fully recovered with no ill effects of the surgery shortly after he returns, whereas Perkins type of surgery isn't expected to allow him be back too 100% until some time later next year. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Who are you kidding?

"The surgery was performed in New York by Dr. David Altchek, who has operated on Bynum's knee in the past. It is Bynum's third knee surgery in the past three years and the second on his right knee."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5418555 Who are you kidding? The surgery was performed in New York by Dr. David Altchek, who has operated on Bynum's knee in the past. It is Bynum's third knee surgery in the past three years and the second on his right knee.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

This does not change the fact that it was a simple cartilage repair, which has a completely different set of ramifications for the recovery, one surgery, or three in three years. If Bynum's knee was having multiple ligaments reconstructed like Perkins, you would have a point, but you will probably persist with this line of nonsense anyway. This isn't rocket science.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : This does not change the fact that it was a simple cartilage repair, which has a completely different set of ramifications for the recovery, one surgery, or three in three years. If Bynum's knee was having multiple ligaments reconstructed like Perkins, you would have a point, but you will probably persist with this line of nonsense anyway. This isn't rocket science.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

So the moment Bynum plays his first game this season he's already at 100%, is that what you're saying?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]The next 13 games for the Lakers will be against Ind, Mem, Hou, Sac, Was, LAC, Was, NJN, Was, Ind, Phi, Tor, and Mil. That's why the Lakers are not going to address the need for a backup Center.  Just look at that, besides Chicago how many playoff teams are on that schedule? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

So what's your problem? The Lakers didn't put the schedule together. They're playing the hand they were dealt.

And the reason they're not bringing in another center is because it's another cost they don't thing they need with the roster they have.

Get over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : So the moment Bynum plays his first game this season he's already at 100%, is that what you're saying?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I am saying the Lakers will not let Bynum in a game until the knee is 100%. He is running, cutting, jumping, and doing one on one basketball drills right now. The knee has been through and MRI, and everything is perfect, now they are strengthening the knee until there are no ill effects. Of course, the basketball skills will need to be dusted off. The speed of the game, timing, conditioning, ect. 

This is nothing even in the spectrum to what Perkins is going to go through with rehab and recovery. Getting back up to 100% after a cartilage surgery Like Bynum's is typically a pretty quick recovery. 

Right here on this board people routinely comment on how it took until the following year for Garnett to look fully himself after the same type of surgery as Perkins had. You are comparing apples to oranges. 

Going back till your original point, Bynum should be rolling at 100% shortly after he hits the floor for a real game if he has a typical response to this type of surgery. So far, everything has been very typical. Perkins will not be 100% until sometime in the middle of next year if he has a typical recovery experience form his type of surgery. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5418555 Who are you kidding? "The surgery was performed in New York by Dr. David Altchek, who has operated on Bynum's knee in the past. It is Bynum's third knee surgery in the past three years and the second on his right knee."
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, this appears to be a real point of concern with you. The Laker brass and their medical staff are closely monitoring his knee. That's why they're not rushing him back...because they want him as close to 100% as possible. He's still young and the Lakers are pretty certain his body isn't fully matured. But when it is, we all expect that he'll have a long career in purple and gold. I think that's probably what's really bothering you.