For the record.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

For the record.

I dont't make stuff up:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08/02/hamilton-biggest-winners-among-nba-players-this-summer/

In this fine piece, Mr. Sheridan writes:

Steve Nash (PG, Los Angeles Lakers)

Clearly, the Sun is setting on Steve Nash’s illustrious career (pun intended). Heading into this offseason, his most likely destinations were said to be the New York Knicks, Portland Trail Blazers, and Toronto Raptors. Nash—who maintains a summer residence in New York—

later, he writes:

But he later revealed that the most important thing to him was being close to his children and his ex-wife, who maintain their residence in Phoenix. At the end of the day, Nash signed a three-year deal with the Lakers worth about $27 million.

For the record!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: For the record.

Nash is a terrific addition to the Lakers... and would have been a terrific addition to the Cs. 

Money does equate to respect in the NBA... and Nash will more than earn his keep.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to For the record.:
    [QUOTE]I dont't make stuff up: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08/02/hamilton-biggest-winners-among-nba-players-this-summer/ In this fine piece, Mr. Sheridan writes: Steve Nash (PG, Los Angeles Lakers) Clearly, the Sun is setting on Steve Nash’s illustrious career (pun intended). Heading into this offseason, his most likely destinations were said to be the New York Knicks, Portland Trail Blazers, and Toronto Raptors. Nash—who maintains a summer residence in New York— later, he writes: But he later revealed that the most important thing to him was being close to his children and his ex-wife, who maintain their residence in Phoenix. At the end of the day, Nash signed a three-year deal with the Lakers worth about $27 million. For the record!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Looks like this is a bit after the fact. You still should not have said that Nash would be a Knick, and then you would not still be having to back track to try and cover yourself. You look very foolish. I hope you learned your lesson.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: For the record.:
    [QUOTE]Nash is a terrific addition to the Lakers... and would have been a terrific addition to the Cs.  Money does equate to respect in the NBA... and Nash will more than earn his keep. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Apparently in baseball as well.  Remember Pedro?  And now Papi?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : In February Fierce wanted the Celtics to trade Rondo to Phoenix for a rental of Steve Nash. Another beauty of a trade proposed by a fellow Celtic fan... Nash is a great player, but to lose Rondo for a rental would have set back our franchise for years.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

DA was wanting to trade R9R for a rental CP3 last Fall but the league rejected it. I was for that trade.

I would also have backed a trade for a rental Nash because he plays Celtic style basketball and the headaches associated with a certain tempermental PG  would then be someone else's problem.

I've got no problem with rental PGs.

I look for maturity, consistency, fundamentals and courage moreso than athleticism and flair.

Both Nash and CP3 have those essentials.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : DA was wanting to trade R9R for a rental CP3 last Fall but the league rejected it. I was for that trade. I would also have backed a trade for a rental Nash because he plays Celtic style basketball and the headaches associated with a certain tempermental PG  would then be someone else's problem. I've got no problem with rental PGs. I look for maturity, consistency, fundamentals and courage moreso than athleticism and flair. Both Nash and CP3 have those essentials. Pud

For the record, I was for the trade, too.  Rondo and JON for Nash and Pietrus was my trade.  Seemed to gather some steam on the board.  Rondo really came on in the playoffs, though, and I'm glad we didn't make the trade!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Rondo for Nash would be stupid! Do you guys remember that in basketball one has to play (gulp) defense!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo for Nash would be stupid! Do you guys remember that in basketball one has to play (gulp) defense!
    Posted by nutter44[/QUOTE]

And do you remember that in basketball you have to play (gulp) FOCUSED?

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think some fans think the NBA is a video game and suggest trades that would be good if we were playing NBA 2K12. Teams have to have the mesh of talent and personalities and Nash was not the guy for us, just like DH is not a guy for us. Nash is the atypical southwest coast guy he would be unhappy playing anywhere on the east coast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : And do you remember that in basketball you have to play (gulp) FOCUSED? Pud

If you would trade Rondo for  a 38 year old Nash you don't know hoops.  It's that simple.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : And do you remember that in basketball you have to play (gulp) FOCUSED? Pud

+14

Also, it is nice to have a PG that can (gulp) make a shot outside of 5 feet on a consistent basis. LOL

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : If you would trade Rondo for  a 38 year old Nash you don't know hoops.  It's that simple.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

debatable...

Is Rondo shooting 60% for his free throws? I saw him at the beach trying to throw the ball in the ocean and even then, he was only making about 30%.

ROFLMAO!!

Thanks for playing! Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : If you would trade Rondo for  a 38 year old Nash you don't know hoops.  It's that simple.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

He was trade bait at the time...........so we all just threw ideas out there.  Nash would be good on any team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : debatable... Is Rondo shooting 60% for his free throws? I saw him at the beach trying to throw the ball in the ocean and even then, he was only making about 30%. ROFLMAO!! Thanks for playing!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

It isn't debateable.  I am kind of embarrassed for you right now.  You're being a homer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : For the record, I was for the trade, too.  Rondo and JON for Nash and Pietrus was my trade.  Seemed to gather some steam on the board.  Rondo really came on in the playoffs, though, and I'm glad we didn't make the trade!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

You mean Rondo and JON for Nash and Marcin Gortat right? The young double-double center who had the cheap 2/15 left on his deal?

That would have been semi-fair at the deadline, esp if the C's then had the cap space to try and lure Williams to a play with an Avery-Pierce-KG-Gortat foursome that is better than Johnson-Wallace-Humphries-Lopez

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : You mean Rondo and JON for Nash and Marcin Gortat right? The young double-double center who had the cheap 2/15 left on his deal? That would have been semi-fair at the deadline, esp if the C's then had the cap space to try and lure Williams to a play with an Avery-Pierce-KG-Gortat foursome that is better than Johnson-Wallace-Humphries-Lopez
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

That trade is a totally different animal.  Nash and Rondo straight up?  No Gm would trade Rondo straight up for Nash.  The dude is old.  It's like the difference between KG now and KG 6 years ago.  Good vs Great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : You mean Rondo and JON for Nash and Marcin Gortat right? The young double-double center who had the cheap 2/15 left on his deal? That would have been semi-fair at the deadline, esp if the C's then had the cap space to try and lure Williams to a play with an Avery-Pierce-KG-Gortat foursome that is better than Johnson-Wallace-Humphries-Lopez
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

yes, during the season.  In the off-season, I wanted Nash and Lopez (the week of the Paul trade) with Pietrus thrown in.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : But on LA he is old. Go figure...

Nope, he's old.  He'd be old on BOS, too.  Notice I did say he would also be GOOD on any team...........can't stand people who can't take a compliment

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If you would trade Rondo for  a 38 year old Nash you don't know hoops.  It's that simple."

Yup. 

Nash is exactly what the Celtics DON'T need - another sluggish veteran whose best days are behind him. Only an anti-Rondo troll or Laker homer would think otherwise. 

I don't see Nash making a big difference for the Lakers - that said they had no point guard and they didn't have to give up much to get him on board, so, in their case it makes sense. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For the record. : Any team would take his 12 ppg, 11 apg while shooting 50% and 90%. Any team would take a 38 year old Nash over a 25 year old Sessions. 

Again, I was FOR the trade, what now is your problem?