Former Celtics that should not have left: Thibodeau, Posey, T Allen, K Perkins, House

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Former Celtics that should not have left: Thibodeau, Posey, T Allen, K Perkins, House

Too much turn-over is not always a good thing. Team chemistry, team cohesion provides the necessary confidence to overcome adversity. An NBA team needs to feel secure and stable. That's what familiarity brings. Stats do not tell the whole story.

Tom Thibodeau provided the necessary tough defense that is critical in the playoffs. Though Kendrick was missing throughout the season, he still made his presence felt in the locker room. Tony Allen has been playing out of his mind in Tennessee. And James Posey was never the same player when he left Boston but did a job on Kobe in the '08 championship. Eddie House was much more consistent than Nate Robinson.

I'm a Laker fan looking from the outside in. The Bulls were able to get 3 players this year from Utah besides their coach, Thibodeau. Tom has brought toughness to the Bulls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Re: Former Celtics that should not have left: Thibodeau, Posey, T Allen, K Perkins, House

Why are you so concerned about the Celtics?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Former Celtics that should not have left: Thibodeau, Posey, T Allen, K Perkins, House

They had no control over Thibs -- yes, they could have refused permission for othger teams to talk to him, but you don't do that with assistant coaches -- everyone deserves the chance to move up.   House and Posey have been inconsistent elsewhere (and Danny thought 4 years more of Posey was too much, and seems to have been proven correct).  I miss TA, but he jumped ship quickly at the end of the season, before we'd even secured Doc, Ray, and Paul; and though I miss Perk, the prospect of losing him for nothing over the summer, while we deperately needed a backup for Paul (Jeff Green) when Marquis went down, sort of made it a necessary deal.  That's why I'd never want to be a GM -- too many tough decisions that can all be second guessed.  :-)

cheers --

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

How about Leon Powe?

Bad karma dropping him.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'm a Laker fan looking from the outside in." Great, thanks for taking such an interest in the Celts. Look forward to your detailed analysis of every other team in the NBA besides yours. #troll

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

What about letting Don Chaney go to the ABA? Or shipping Cedric Maxwell out because Red didn't think his knee was healing fast enough? Or letting Parish finish his career as a Charlotte Hornet?  Trades go both ways and a lot of the incoming players have helped to win every championship - why not assume Jeff Green will be another impact player like DJ, Parish, Russell (traded Easy Ed Macauley for him) among others.  But, be reasonable, from what we now know Perkins was probably out anyway, Tony Allen left on his own for more $ and, he thought, playing time, Posey went for the dollars, and House was trade bait (right or wrong the player he was traded for is also gone - and would be useless due to an injury).  Face it, the players aren't members of your family, they're professionals who have pluses and minuses (Perkins had more minuses than pluses in my estimation) and are subject to evaluation for short- and long-term use to the team.  In this instance both timeframes were considered - assuming the Celtics can sign Green.  They couldn't hold Thibodeau back from his future.  When hiring, it's always better to get someone who's overqualified and apt to move on because you get so much while that person is there.  Hiring a guy no one else wants is a recipe for failure.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Former Celtics that should not have left: Thibodeau, Posey, T Allen, K Perkins, House:
    [QUOTE]They had no control over Thibs -- yes, they could have refused permission for othger teams to talk to him, but you don't do that with assistant coaches -- everyone deserves the chance to move up.   House and Posey have been inconsistent elsewhere (and Danny thought 4 years more of Posey was too much, and seems to have been proven correct).  I miss TA, but he jumped ship quickly at the end of the season, before we'd even secured Doc, Ray, and Paul; and though I miss Perk, the prospect of losing him for nothing over the summer, while we deperately needed a backup for Paul (Jeff Green) when Marquis went down, sort of made it a necessary deal.  That's why I'd never want to be a GM -- too many tough decisions that can all be second guessed.  :-) cheers --
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

I already posted this on another thread, but I believe that if Tony Allen was still with the Celtics, Perk never would have been traded.  Tony Allen has had a good season and if he was still with the Celtics, their would have been no need to sign a backup small forward.  Some of the other trades probably would have happened, but not the trade involving Perk and Nate.  I suppose it is possible that Nate still may have been traded to another team.