Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : No excuses....I mean it's not like lakers fans ever used not having Bynum in 2008 as an excuse, is it?  I mean, that would make lakers fans hypocrites!

Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

haaa true

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Shaq is done."

I don't think so. I predict he gives it a go on the next series and goes down again. 

Funny how the Lakers trolls were nowhere to be found after they were down to the Hornets but now that they won these fools are back beating their chests. What a bunch of cowards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

Well at least with this Doc can go back and say "we never lost a playoff series without Shaq", or we never lost a playoff series with our 2010-2011 starting unit intact

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was listening to Comcast sports today and they said the Shaq went to NY at Garnett's request.  It does seem implausible that Shaq with a still very noticeable limp can play.   The mystery around this thing is draining and sickening.  I hope the team knows the truth and is prepared for what they have  to do without him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : Celts, nothing could be farther from the truth. First of all, I DO have thick skin. Secondly, I don't have venom in my heart. I (and a few others) offer a "counter balance" to some of the things that are said about the Lakers. Yeah, sometimes I'm in the mood to just banter (gotta be careful with the wording...Sybil's probably watching!) and other times I give my response a lot of thought. But most of the folks that I respond to are pretty good and seem to take what I say  with a grain of salt. As I said before, Red and Doc aren't saints and I KNOW Phil isn't either. (I love it when he "tweaks" the NBA officials during the playoffs.) I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Qdaddy, you didn't read my post close enough. I wasn't referring to you when I spoke about the venom based Lakers posters. Nor was I talking about Flobus. However, we have had some pretty nasty folks who entered the site simply to attack the Celtics posters. The attacks became far too personal.  Some loved to doctor up pictures. Given that this is a Boston based site their motives were pretty clear. BDC has done a very good job screening, however it seems some continue to sneak through the screening.
    Therefore, the Celtics fans, in my opinion, have every right to speak up and return the attacks.

As I said in my post, I actually enjoy reading yours and Flobus' posts. It's obvious you are loyal to the Lakers and enjoy sparing for your team. Nothing wrong with that as long as the sparing respects the host environment.  

I definitely think you are thick skinned since you take your hits and keep your response civil. At least the one's that I have seen. 

You are certainly entitled to support Phil Jackson, however I spent a number of years in Chicago. Many of those folks definitely do not share LA's current thoughts about Phil Jackson. They did not forgot Phil's quick exit to join forces with another group of superstars when Michael quit. In my opinion, he's no Pat Riley. Although, Pat is now under the gun for joining forces with LeBron. Guess I can't say much about that since LeBron is now a partner with the Fenway group. 

Bottom line is we will never agree on the Phil v Red/Doc debate. That would takes pages and hours to debate. On the other hand, if I were Phil I would have spent less time trying to drag Red down and more time staying away from writing books that trashed Kobe and company.

Thanks for the response, even thought we don't agree on the merits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Boston-Celtics-center-Shaqulle-ONeal-likely-out-rest-of-NBA-playoffs-042011 Can't exactly say I'm shocked.  At least now we can stop listening to the "Shaq's day to day", or "Shaq may play".  It was all BS...just like in '09 when the team pulled the same smokescreen with KG's injury. 
    Posted by adco1212[/QUOTE]

The link is broken.  It takes you to the main NBA page of Fox Sports

Sensationalist journalism.  ESPN Boston said Shaq was travelling, although Doc sounded skeptical as to whether he'd be able to play.

I would not, however, be at all surprised to find out after the fact that Shaq's injury was severe and that they strung us along so they wouldn't look like idiots for trading away Kendrick Perkins for two players (Green & Krstic) who have no idea how to fit into the Celtics' system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Artist nick,
    You have nailed. Sadly the truth based on seeing Shaq limping around is that he won't be back.  It is exactly what we went through with KG two years ago.  

The idea behind it may be they want to give the faint faint hope that he will be back a noble hopeful feeling rather than he's out we screwed up by trading Perkins.

I would have been for the trade if DA had certainty  that Shaq was going to be fine with rest as they requested.  He was not and Green being the "best player in the trade" does not even play significant minutes with this team. This is what I can't forgive DA or Doc for. They better find a way to win without him. Because it will sting as this wonderful resurgence for the Celtics comes to an end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Boston-Celtics-center-Shaqulle-ONeal-likely-out-rest-of-NBA-playoffs-042011 Can't exactly say I'm shocked.  At least now we can stop listening to the "Shaq's day to day", or "Shaq may play".  It was all BS...just like in '09 when the team pulled the same smokescreen with KG's injury. 
    Posted by adco1212[/QUOTE]how the heck do they really know? doc, ainge even shaq doesnt know... i do believe doc though when he says shaq could play on sunday. y? for doc made it clear that shaq wasnt going to ny unless he passed the conditioning drill he flunked before. meaning shaq likely was able to walk thru all the cuts on defense and offense. some measurable progress....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Artist nick, You have nailed. Sadly the truth based on seeing Shaq limping around is that he won't be back.  It is exactly what we went through with KG two years ago.   The idea behind it may be they want to give the faint faint hope that he will be back a noble hopeful feeling rather than he's out we screwed up by trading Perkins. I would have been for the trade if DA had certainty  that Shaq was going to be fine with rest as they requested.  He was not and Green being the "best player in the trade" does not even play significant minutes with this team. This is what I can't forgive DA or Doc for. They better find a way to win without him. Because it will sting as this wonderful resurgence for the Celtics comes to an end.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Well, I hate to say "I told you so"....

Oh that's BS, I LOVE to say "I told you so". That's the kind of guy I am!!!

I told all of you at the beginning of the season that Shaq would spend more than his fair share of time in the trainers room. And that's where he's at today. Your C's management team seems to be stringing all of you along, but the reality is, you're not going to get much more out of Shaq than you've already gotten. It's time for the Big Ego to let go and hang 'em up!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

QDaddy does not disappoint, bringing up the Bynum injury AGAIN as the reason the Celtics won in 08.  3 years later, and they are still stinging and whining.  And by the way, NO ONE on here has said "beaten our starting five."  Your problem is with Doc Rivers, go take it up with him.  We LOST last year.....no excuses.....and you LOST in 08............oh, yeah, excuses galore!!

IF  BYNUM HAD NOT GOTTEN HURT, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TRADED FOR GASOL!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : What's it like cheering for a rapist?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

What rapist? I don't recall anyone from any of the team's that I follow ever being convicted of ANY crimes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : What rapist? I don't recall anyone from any of the team's that I follow ever being convicted of ANY crimes.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You follow.....the lakers, right?

AHHHHH - Ron Artest??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]QDaddy does not disappoint, bringing up the Bynum injury AGAIN as the reason the Celtics won in 08.  3 years later, and they are still stinging and whining.  And by the way, NO ONE on here has said "beaten our starting five."  Your problem is with Doc Rivers, go take it up with him.  We LOST last year.....no excuses.....and you LOST in 08............oh, yeah, excuses galore!! IF  BYNUM HAD NOT GOTTEN HURT, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TRADED FOR GASOL!!

I bring up Bynum's injury as a counterpoint to Doc's "they haven't beaten our starting 5". Bynum was our starting center and without him, the C's had the advantage. With a healthy Bynum, the C's, in all likelihood, wouldn't have won the title in '08. Look at the way Bynum is playing. It's pretty obvious he's a better player than anybody you guys had in the middle. Of course, this is ALL speculation. Just like you guys speculating about winning it in '09 with a healthy Garnett...we'll just never know.

You guys be glad Doc didn't have to deal with a healthy Bynum. That's the ONLY title you're getting with your current Big 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : You follow.....the lakers, right? AHHHHH - Ron Artest??

Need I remind you that Ron didn't play for the Lakers then? He's been a model citizen in L.A.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : I bring up Bynum's injury as a counterpoint to Doc's "they haven't beaten our starting 5". Bynum was our starting center and without him, the C's had the advantage. With a healthy Bynum, the C's, in all likelihood, wouldn't have won the title in '08. Look at the way Bynum is playing. It's pretty obvious he's a better player than anybody you guys had in the middle. Of course, this is ALL speculation. Just like you guys speculating about winning it in '09 with a healthy Garnett...we'll just never know. You guys be glad Doc didn't have to deal with a healthy Bynum. That's the ONLY title you're getting with your current Big 3.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

NO  - in 08 with a healthy Bynum, you would have lost even worse, becuase Gasol would still  be on MEM.
    See, Bynum got hurt, THEN you traded for Gasol..........no injury, no Gasol
    Get over it, man, the better team won last year, in 09 AND in 08!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : NO  - in 08 with a healthy Bynum, you would have lost even worse, becuase Gasol would still  be on MEM. See, Bynum got hurt, THEN you traded for Gasol..........no injury, no Gasol Get over it, man, the better team won last year, in 09 AND in 08!!

With a healthy Bynum, there would've been no need for Gasol. However, if he had been able to come back healthy enough AND with Gasol in the line-up, the C's wouldn't have stood a chance. You believe what you want, but those two together, along with Kobe, would have made the Lakers, CLEARLY the best team...by far.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Q,
    Before you take any bows about Shaq the Celtics are still very much alive.  We are 3 zip against a far tougher draw than  your Lakers face.  The Lakers have not looked very good and I think even you can admit that.  So wait on taking bows because if I am wrong and Shaq comes back you will be having a most regrettable season's end.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Fox also has Glen Beck who thinks the sky is falling and is as psychotic as Kobie Bryant in a Denver town with a psycho chick bent over a chair! 

Please...don't believe everything you read...AND, Lakers won't last in the finals...they are looking old and fragile as a grandmother's buckskin bra!  Buynum's knees are buckling every other time down the floor! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Q, Before you take any bows about Shaq the Celtics are still very much alive.  We are 3 zip against a far tougher draw than  your Lakers face.  The Lakers have not looked very good and I think even you can admit that.  So wait on taking bows because if I am wrong and Shaq comes back you will be having a most regrettable season's end.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Much tougher draw?! Please!

Since March, the Knicks were one game under .500. The Hornets finished with a .500 record during the same stretch. And let's not forget, the Knicks play in the HIGHLY overrated East...where a sub-.500 record will get you in the playoffs. Memphis (the 8th seed in the west) would have been the 5th seed in the east. I really don't know what you easterners are drinking that makes you believe the east is a "tougher draw". The records don't lie and the east AGAIN lost the head-to-head conference battle to the west. If you really believe playing the Knicks will toughen you up to play the west, then you'd better hope the C's DON'T get to the Finals.

It's not unusual for the Lakers to "not look good" for stretches of the regular season. They're again proving that it's all about the playoffs. You guys keep telling us about how Shaq's gonna "save the day"...well, I hate to tell you this, but his glory days were happening when he was wearing the purple & gold. The Shaq you have now will end up looking like Joe Namath or Willie Mays in their final games...and that was truly sad to see. Shaq can't keep up with Andrew Bynum. Your trainer can't even get him out on the floor, let alone getting him in Superstar shape. As many of us have pointed out, Shaq can't carry a team anymore. The best you can hope for is 6 fouls. He has NO lift, he can't rebound and he sucks on the defensive end. You guys will be sadly disappointed if he's ever in a position where you have to count on him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : With a healthy Bynum, there would've been no need for Gasol. However, if he had been able to come back healthy enough AND with Gasol in the line-up, the C's wouldn't have stood a chance. You believe what you want, but those two together, along with Kobe, would have made the Lakers, CLEARLY the best team...by far.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is a lot or "ifs".  Congrats, though for NOT admitting the better team won in 08 - that knocks my respect for you down about 15 notches.  See, it goes like this -
    QDaddy, it is me a Celtics fan, saying to you, a criminal Artest lover, "the better team won in 2010 AND the better team won in 2009...no excuses"

Your turn!!