Free Agency: our options at each positions.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Free Agency: our options at each positions.

While there's a talk about blowing up the big three in a blockbuster trade i think it won't happen this season, that being said any change that will happen to this team will likely be on the bench and the starting center.
    this is who i would try to sign to complete the bench
    PG: Re-sign Dwest, he was one of the few consistent on the bench when he wasn't injured and one of only 2 to score in double digit in every game against miami in the playoff, the other?? Paul Pierce
    SG: Shane Battier, anybody who watches the NBA who what this guy can bring to a team, he has versatility, capable of playing and the defending the 2, 3 and 4, Re-sign Von Wafer
    SF: Re-sign Jeff Green, i don't think you trade your starting center for him if you don't have big plans for him, he'll be back. 
    PF:Carl landry, Big bay out Carl Landry in and we'll be fine. Landry is just as big as baby(6'9") he's leaner, much more athletic. every good thing you can think about big baby this guys has except maybe defense, but then again Davis wasn't a great one on one defender but a good help(team) defender and i'm sure landry can do that, plus he's a natural scorer, he's not gonna struggle shooting going against Joel Anthony. Sign Leon Powe
    C: Sam Dalembert. Think of Perk with better rebounding, better shot blocking, not as good defending but still good, with a better low post offense and a jump shot from 15 ft but he might not want to take a paycut since he made 13 million last year but i would give him the MLE, my other options would be Greg Oden (he's the best of the tree when healthy) and Deandre Jordan, they'll be cheaper. maybe Re-sign Krstic
    Depth chaet looks like this
    PG: Rondo/West/Bradley
    SG:Allen/Battier/Wafer
    SF:Pierce/Green/[55th pick in this draft]
    PF; Garnett/Landry/Powe
    C: Dalembert/JO/[25th pick in this draft]

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Re: Free Agency: our options at each positions.

In Response to Re: Free Agency: our options at each positions.:
    [QUOTE]The key aquisition for the Celtics in the off season must be a young center who can defend and rebound. I would do whatever it takes to get DeAndre Jordan.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I like Deandre Jordan but i would only look to sign him if we can't get Dalembert. he's a better rebounder, shot blocker and has a better offensive game. Jordan has the advantage of being younger and more athletic but he's really raw offesively, his points mostly come from putbacks and trasition and they're about the same defensively. Plus Dalembert is not too old at 29/30 and has experience, he doesn't have a lot of mileage in his leg becuase he doesn't play big minutes aand has been an iron since he entered the league. If he's considered old then that's one old guy you don't need to worry about

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]The key aquisition for the Celtics in the off season must be a young center who can defend and rebound. I would do whatever it takes to get DeAndre Jordan.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

JaVale McGee ... Trade

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Celts only have the MLE to offer because the Celts are way above the salary cap. I don't think Dalembert and Landry will agree to sign just for the MLE.  Don't be surprised if Ainge and the Celts don't do anything to improve the team for next season. Since 2009 Ainge and the Celts has targeted the year 2012 to make a splash in the free-agent market. I don't think that will change.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Under the new CBA, the salary cap will probably be even lower.  It isn't even worth discussing what changes the Celtics can make until we know what the salary cap will be.  I do agree that Ainge probably won't make many changes for next season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

I wish there was some way Garnett can take less money for next year, 21 million is a lot of money for one player. But then again if Howard goes on the trade block in the middle of the 2011-2012 season it would be an equal salary swap to get Howard in green.
    If JO and Shaq retire as it seems hopefully the roster will look like this:

PG: Rondo, West, Bradley.
    SG: Allen, Battier or Crawford, Wafer. 
    SF: Pierce, Green, draft pick or Wafer.
    PF: Garnett, Landry or Powe, Green.
    C: DeAndre Jordan or Dalembert, Kristic, draft pick or d-league pick up.

If Ainge can get his hands on Aaron Brooks, then we could move West to the 2 and that would save some money than trying to find a SG. But it all depends on how the CBA looks like.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agency: our options at each positions. : This is not true. They have more than the MLE if they want to.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Really... please outline what the Cs have available... they are committed to J O and Shaq and 7 other players that will consume 72 million dollars against a cap of 58 million.... so if you would be so kind as to explain.... please inform the rest of us what the Cs options are...... well then explain how wrong you are and how misinformed you are and also how the new CBA will not cripple the Cs and other teams way way way over the cap for the next 5 years or so......

Can't wait......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QU
    That's the guy a want!! I been trying to comment since last week but these stupid blog didn't let me..We need Jordan is atletic, young and has a lot of potential!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

or ... they could package Davis & Kristic in a S&T for say Nene or Dalembert if done by 7/1