Free Agent Centers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Free Agent Centers

In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers : Are you talking about the guy that averaged 5 rebounds in 30 minutes a game and is 125th in the league rebound rate?  Behind Mike Miller and Matt Barnes? He's a center?   http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=reboundRate&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dreboundRate
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

you can go right to doc rivers own words last year.  davis was the team's finishing center and doc was happy with it.  the team did the best stretch of the season with davis anchoring the 5 down the stretch.

then the patellar tendon got to him and he was never the same.  don't take my word for it, go back and read doc's words and just look at the line up that finished games when we were the hottest last year.

even you can succeed at such a menial task that requires little critical thinking, just perusing the facts in a light and fluffy manner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers : you can go right to doc rivers own words last year.  davis was the team's finishing center and doc was happy with it.  the team did the best stretch of the season with davis anchoring the 5 down the stretch. then the patellar tendon got to him and he was never the same.  don't take my word for it, go back and read doc's words and just look at the line up that finished games when we were the hottest last year. even you can succeed at such a menial task that requires little critical thinking, just perusing the facts in a light and fluffy manner.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I am pretty good at that.  That's how I found out he was 125th in the NBA in rebound rate.  

So now you are saying Davis is good because Doc said so?  After you wrote volumes about how Doc destroyed his confidence?  Color me confused.

By the way this post had nothing to do with Davis.  Even if Davis is resigned they would obviously still need more bigs as the only center on the roster is JON.  Could you just give your obsession a rest for a minute and stop prattling on and on about Davis?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I love Big Baby, but I believe he has reached his full potential , and his lack of height and jumping ability , his inability to finish inside without getting blocked, the way he fell in love with the jumper because he gets blocked everytime.....

I just don't think you give him a long term deal at big money.

On THIS TEAM , With KG, PP, RA , RONDO ........Glen Davis is an effective bench player. Don't think he's a starter to build around. His game has the fatal flaw (too small, no lift, no low post game, not a great rebounder, weight & conditioning will always be a problem) and I would rather they resign Jeff Green (if they have to choose between the 2)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Aaron Gray and Kyrie Fesenko/Kwame Brown!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]ky says Gray and Brown, M8 says Brown and Gray, interesting. Just saying.
    Posted by kycleptic[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's the kym#8pudrico show. That's thousands of disruptive posts, and there are probably other usernames too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Forget B-Ball....league in general decline...wake me up when we down to 16 teams

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers : in the last three years, glen davis has played some fantastic spot duty at the 5 and was our finishing center for the stretch of the regular season last year when the team was the most successful, if you watched last season at all
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Yes, i watched it, especially the Celtics games and i know that Davis played very well particularly at the 5. What i'm saying is those guys are listed as C (even though most of them are scrubs) and Glen Davis in NOT a true center.
    Finally, like snakeoil said "Even if Davis is resigned they would obviously still need more bigs as the only center on the roster is JON."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers : I am pretty good at that.  That's how I found out he was 125th in the NBA in rebound rate.   So now you are saying Davis is good because Doc said so?  After you wrote volumes about how Doc destroyed his confidence?  Color me confused. By the way this post had nothing to do with Davis.  Even if Davis is resigned they would obviously still need more bigs as the only center on the roster is JON.  Could you just give your obsession a rest for a minute and stop prattling on and on about Davis?  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

it's really simple- the post was all about free agent centers and it didn't even mention the guy who was on our team the last 3 years who played some of the best bump and grind D on big guys in the league WAY taller than him.  allow me to point out the lack of respect for davis' ability to do this.

of course we need more bigs.  but davis should be considered in the conversation of bigs, but he gets no respect.

i don't know what your putting words in the blender for.  doc did say that davis finishing at the 5 was our best unit.  and he was.  and then he got hurt, that changed his performance level.

inflamed patellar tendon is not a hangnail type inconsequential injury.  typical to celtics, we never got the story over how the injury started.  it sure would help to know, right?

so davis' performance suffered after he missed those 10 games and i don't think he ever really recovered his mobility, which was the cornerstone to his game. 

so what did doc do?  criticized davis for trying to play the SAME GAME that he was before the injury which included taking a lot of shots (and making them) down the stretch and preserving wins for us.  when the shots stopped falling, doc started talkin'.

it's fairly undeniable that doc has not liked daivs from day 1.  so there was no professionalism there, doc sold him out to the papers again.  did davis snap, finally?  i think he did.  i was wondering how long an affable kid such as davis coudl endure being the hustle guy on the team and also being the only one that his head coach sold out to the media.

man up, snaketart and tell me WHY doc rivers never said a SYLLABLE about fat lazy lollygaggin sheed and in FIVE FULL YEARS never uttered a word to the press about rondo's miserable incompetence at the free throw line and how that affects this team.  yet time and again davis gets dimed out the press like a chump.

is that fair?  would you eventually snap if you had a boss like that?  would you think there was a whole lot of hypocrisy going on?  is doc rivers being a classy professional by doing this to davis, year after year?

correct answers are: no, yes, yes, no.

so don't try to mumbo jumbo me, you know exactly what i am talking about.  or if you want to go to the rug with it, tell me WHO and WHEN doc went to the press about.  not even nate robinson when nate was KILLING US this last year before the trade- i mean nate was HORRIBLE but doc didn't leak crap to the press about him, right? 

give me some striaght talk for a change snakes