Free Agent Point Guards still out there.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Free Agent Point Guards still out there.

Most see a vet BU point as a need still, so here is who is still out there. I think we can all assume IF one is signed it will be vet minimum or less than $3M/year deal.

DJ. Augustine-Ind

R. Beaubois-Dal

A. Brooks-Hou

W. Bynum-Det

K. Dooling-Mem

D. Gibson-Clev

J. Lucas-Tor

Aj Price-Wash

N. Robinson-Chic

N. Smith-Port (summer team , Injured)

S. Telfair-Tor

J. Tinsley-Uath

B. Udrih- Orl

m. Williams-Utah

Udrih and Gibson would be my choices at or nearvet mimimum one year deals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Free Agent Point Guards still out there.

I'd rather have Pressey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I'd rather have Pressey.

agreed. find a gem. don't need retreads at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

What happend to the Nate Robinson lover after game 1 of the Chicago - Miami series? Like Doc left the celtics, the dissappeared withou looking back...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I'd rather have Pressey.

so you are fine with staring the year with Rondo coming of an ACL and maybe not ready to start the year (at least not at 100%).

and an undrafted small PG, who has played adequately at best in the summer leagues?

then I guess you are cool with Bradley playing the most minutes at the point early. ( which could be what we end up with).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'd rather have Pressey.

so you are fine with staring the year with Rondo coming of an ACL and maybe not ready to start the year (at least not at 100%).

and an undrafted small PG, who has played adequately at best in the summer leagues?

then I guess you are cool with Bradley playing the most minutes at the point early. ( which could be what we end up with).

[/QUOTE]

we could add a vet for the minimum on a one year deal if rondo isn't ready. assuming rondo isn't ready until after christmas, i'd like to see pressey and said unnamed vet split time. let bradley work at his actual position as we need to let him see if he can develop an offensive game to go with his defense.

rondo may still be traded, however, which would likely bring a PG back. so that's still a possibility.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i guess what i'm saying is that we don't even look a the PG trash heap until danny is done trading. and i don't think he's done trading.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think Dooling would be a good fit, unless he's delusionally trying to chase a ring. He's an excellent vet, great locker room presence, can man the point without making us very good, and he's old so he's not a young guy with something to prove. It'd be a good pickup.

If not Dooling, honestly, I'd say get the guy with the least amount of turn overs per game. Thats probably the most important thing. We dont need a scoring PG, or someone super fancy, we just need a guy to get us into our sets and won't steal the attenion of the game (looking at you Nate).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I think Dooling would be a good fit, unless he's delusionally trying to chase a ring. He's an excellent vet, great locker room presence, can man the point without making us very good, and he's old so he's not a young guy with something to prove. It'd be a good pickup.

If not Dooling, honestly, I'd say get the guy with the least amount of turn overs per game. Thats probably the most important thing. We dont need a scoring PG, or someone super fancy, we just need a guy to get us into our sets and won't steal the attenion of the game (looking at you Nate).

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Why is a veteran backup point guard even a factor for this coming year?

Seems

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Bradley will be the starting PG and he is going to struggle or maybe develop his game a little bit.  I don't think Rondo will be there until January.  The Celtics are trying to sell tickets, so they will never say it, but they want Rondo to rehab as long as possible. 

I love Roddy Beaubois.  Not a pure point guard, but he had a terrific rookie season with the Mavs.  He broke his foot and hand and took forever to recover from it.  He will be hungry and ready to get a second chance somewhere else. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd rather have Pressey.

[/QUOTE]

Pressey played very well.

I don't know what games you were watching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

I'd rather have Pressey.

we could add a vet for the minimum on a one year deal if rondo isn't ready. assuming rondo isn't ready until after christmas, i'd like to see pressey and said unnamed vet split time. let bradley work at his actual position as we need to let him see if he can develop an offensive game to go with his defense.

rondo may still be traded, however, which would likely bring a PG back. so that's still a possibility.

Kinda what I said all along there I think.

we still need a BU Point at least until the next trade.

just a list of whats still out there, vet minimum is what we possible would be looking for at this point.

I think counting on Pressey to play 20 min a game as an undrafted ROOKIE is asking a lot (even for the WORST team in the league).

I've looked back for the past 4 years and have yet to find ANY undrafted rookies who've played that many minutes in the NBA their first year.

there were a couple Europeon players (all over 23YO)...but no rookies form the states.

maybe Pressey will be the first in a long time..but If I were GM I wouldn't be counting on it.