Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce

Bigs are very hard to get and Gasol would make us very competative for at least three years.  A combination of Gasol and Garnett would be a serious problem and a good defensive front.  The team we have now has aged and is competative but will be very weak next year because the good players will not come to Boston, but some might is they have the chance to play with the front line of Pierce, Gasol, and Garnett which would be attractive to guys wanting to win now.  Gasol and Pierce might be the trade pieces for Howard.  The Celtics as now constituted are a JUMP SHOOTING TEAM but with Garnett, Gasol, and Pierice we could have a serious inside game.  I think we would be as good as anybody this year. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce

We are last in rebounding in the NBA, we could use Gasol.  The last two games we won but it was really a struggle.  Against Houston Rondo shot 25% and missed a shot by himself under the goal.  Rondo is a near allstar but could be replaced.  His defense is lacking but he is a near allstar , I just think Gasol would bring a lot more to the team and Rondo could be replaced.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Yep, we could

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hey look ... Fierce is talking to himself again ... you're not Sybil ... you're Medusa!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce:
    [QUOTE]We are last in rebounding in the NBA, we could use Gasol.  The last two games we won but it was really a struggle.  Against Houston Rondo shot 25% and missed a shot by himself under the goal.  Rondo is a near allstar but could be replaced.  His defense is lacking but he is a near allstar , I just think Gasol would bring a lot more to the team and Rondo could be replaced.  
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I went to the game tonight in LA and saw close up what Rondo can do for this team.
    He completely outplayed Paul and literally blew by him at will.  Rondo made key free throws all the way through this very tight game.

The team is really a big man from being a very good team. I know don't agree about Gasol but I do agree with Fierce that Kaman or even a Reggie Evans type would give this team the added toughness and presence on the boards that could turn them around .Steimsma has a role to play on this team and if they can stay healthy this team can be competitive and a potential nightmare for others in the playoffs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I went to the game tonight in LA and saw close up what Rondo can do for this team. He completely outplayed Paul and literally blew by him at will.  Rondo made key free throws all the way through this very tight game. The team is really a big man from being a very good team. I know don't agree about Gasol but I do agree with Fierce that Kaman or even a Reggie Evans type would give this team the added toughness and presence on the boards that could turn them around .Steimsma has a role to play on this team and if they can stay healthy this team can be competitive and a potential nightmare for others in the playoffs.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I was also at the game tonight too and agree with you 100%. Rondo played really well tonight, and there were times when just blew by everyone. We desperatly need a low post big. We lost the lead in the early fourth because the jump shots were not going in. A low post big can make us an elite team.

I like Steamers play as well, those shot blocks were wicked, and I liked how he stood up the Griffin. Got to give it to Bradley, that kid is like cb, very quick and in your face. That lefthanded dunk was amazing. It was good to see a huge Celtic fan base at the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

"romneywins"... LOL fiercestwingnut34

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

- Gasol, Garnett and Pierce not enough to win a championship, Lakers aren't trading Gasol for anyone much less Rondo, Gasol pretty soft and not an attractive contract at age 31, on and on. Sorry I'll stop trollfeeding...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce : I was also at the game tonight too and agree with you 100%. Rondo played really well tonight, and there were times when just blew by everyone. We desperatly need a low post big. We lost the lead in the early fourth because the jump shots were not going in. A low post big can make us an elite team. I like Steamers play as well, those shot blocks were wicked, and I liked how he stood up the Griffin. Got to give it to Bradley, that kid is like cb, very quick and in your face. That lefthanded dunk was amazing. It was good to see a huge Celtic fan base at the game.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]
    It was a real inspiring win.  I could not believe how well they hung in there considering the fatigue and the disappointment of the day before.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce:
    [QUOTE]Bigs are very hard to get and Gasol would make us very competative for at least three years.  A combination of Gasol and Garnett would be a serious problem and a good defensive front.  The team we have now has aged and is competative but will be very weak next year because the good players will not come to Boston, but some might is they have the chance to play with the front line of Pierce, Gasol, and Garnett which would be attractive to guys wanting to win now.  Gasol and Pierce might be the trade pieces for Howard.  The Celtics as now constituted are a JUMP SHOOTING TEAM but with Garnett, Gasol, and Pierice we could have a serious inside game.  I think we would be as good as anybody this year. 
    Give it a flipping rest ,romney loses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We looked like the old Celtics last night and finished great, it was a great win, but anyone with an IQ over 3 could tell that Paul is having some physical problems.  Many on this board should have noticed we got great energy and effort form everyone, this after blowing the Laker game the night before.  And if your IQ is above three you noticed that the Steamer had a very good game.  If he can play near this level we should be competative, but in all honesty he is not a Gasol, but he is a Celtic and has my support.  If you don't have a brain don't respond to this post, all thoughtful disagreements are respected, but the ability not to think is discouraged.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I agree that Gasol would probably help us more in the playoffs when it becomes more of a half court game. If we don't win though where does that leave us next year? Gasol contract is for 19 mil I believe and that would limit us on picking up a max free agent. It's true he might help attract free agents but not a max one as we would be to close to the cap to get one. Also we are getting older and going into the future we would go down hill fast. I'm don't want to morgage our future for a shot at winning this year. I'd rather have the cap space, get 1 or 2 guys in this years draft. Convince Garnett and Allen to come back cheap and sign Green and get a good free agent center we can still compete and have a chance to build a good team into the future without having to be lousy for several years once our older guys retire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Trivia question: Can anyone name the last time the Celtics and Lakers made a trade?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce : 2004 for Gary Payton.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Correct, 36-year-old Gary Payton in an August deal that included 34-year-old Rick Fox, Chucky Atkins, Jumaine Jones and Chris Mihm.

Get my point?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]I went to the game tonight in LA and saw close up what Rondo can do for this team. He completely outplayed Paul and literally blew by him at will.  Rondo made key free throws all the way through this very tight game. The team is really a big man from being a very good team. I know don't agree about Gasol but I do agree with Fierce that Kaman or even a Reggie Evans type would give this team the added toughness and presence on the boards that could turn them around .Steimsma has a role to play on this team and if they can stay healthy this team can be competitive and a potential nightmare for others in the playoffs.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I changed my mind after the Laker game, i agree we are a Kaman away from being a very good team.  I moved Rondo up 1 on my list of top Point guards, he's better then Paul!!  It seemed like we had as many fans at the game as the Clippers did!! I thought Bradley had a very good game, how did he look to you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]We looked like the old Celtics last night and finished great, it was a great win, but anyone with an IQ over 3 could tell that Paul is having some physical problems.  Many on this board should have noticed we got great energy and effort form everyone, this after blowing the Laker game the night before.  And if your IQ is above three you noticed that the Steamer had a very good game.  If he can play near this level we should be competative, but in all honesty he is not a Gasol, but he is a Celtic and has my support.  If you don't have a brain don't respond to this post, all thoughtful disagreements are respected, but the ability not to think is discouraged.

Funny how quick Fierce is to accuse others (especially those skilled at kicking his azz) of using multiple accounts... and even quicker to deny that he ever does it himself.

Exclaims Fierce indignantly.... "I'd never choose a name like romney" or even better, "OK... prove it!"

Pud

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce :  I changed my mind after the Laker game, i agree we are a Kaman away from being a very good team.  I moved Rondo up 1 on my list of top Point guards, he's better then Paul!!  It seemed like we had as many fans at the game as the Clippers did!! I thought Bradley had a very good game, how did he look to you?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Kaman would help but isn't getting them by the Bulls and Heat in back to back series. Rondo is not better than CP3. Not really close in total body of work nor this year. Bradley can't dribble nor set up other teamates but always plays with effort.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Front Line Gasol, Garnett & Pierce : That the Celtics traded for a 36-year old player? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Actually, yeah.

You're talking about the Celtics and Lakers, the two biggest playoff rivals in the sport, swapping All-Stars during the season. Has never and will never happen.