FT Disparity: 68-40 Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

FT Disparity: 68-40 Heat

Not gonna win many games giving your opponent that many free shots. Seeing that the Heat average margin of victory is 10 points...Cs got to do a better job defensively or they really underestimated Perk's worth. It's apparent O'Neal doesn't have the perimeter defenders backs like Perk did which creates drives to the hoop with him (O'Neal) not stepping up. Fixable if Russell unretires.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: FT Disparity: 68-40 Heat

I don't like the way the whistle is blowing but the C's have to take the ball to the basket more. Yes we know James is out there running over people and Wade is walking, traveling, carrying, etc and we know the Heat had 9 BLOCKED SHOTS (yeah right) but we have to go to the basket. I didn't know Joel Anthony was all of a sudden a big shot blocker?

We are playing on our heels and seem hesitant to be aggressive. We all know the Heat are frontrunners. All we need is a nice lead and see what they're made of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If you're going to get called then make the foul count. The Celtics problem is not that they are too dirty but that they are too clean...legal hard fouls, hey DWade said that's fair game and he's right. One thing I know Shaq will bring if he suits up is some real toughness, because he really is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well what happens is if the C's foul Wade or James hard then it's either a flagrant or they run the risk of getting techs.

The C's just need to play more aggressive and make the Heat earn it and if the refs want a sloppy out of control game, give it to them.

James is just running over people and no calls. C'mon 9 block shots by a team that's not that big. Plus still winning the FT battle. That means when we are taking the ball to the hoop chances are it's either blocked, no foul or just missed. I'd like to see our superstars get treated as superstars instead of scrubs but they have to make the refs call it by being aggressive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: FT Disparity: 68-40 Heat:
    [QUOTE]Well what happens is if the C's foul Wade or James hard then it's either a flagrant or they run the risk of getting techs. The C's just need to play more aggressive and make the Heat earn it and if the refs want a sloppy out of control game, give it to them. James is just running over people and no calls. C'mon 9 block shots by a team that's not that big. Plus still winning the FT battle. That means when we are taking the ball to the hoop chances are it's either blocked, no foul or just missed. I'd like to see our superstars get treated as superstars instead of scrubs but they have to make the refs call it by being aggressive.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

They do have a point guard who is starting to believe the rumor that there is a foul line.  You glance through box scores and you things like Westbrook making 10 of 12 one night, Rose making 11 of 13 the next, and weeks go by and Rondo does not take any.......  he has been told to get to the rim and when he gest within layup range, he passes it out to someone 20 feet further away.  He is supposed to be some sort of math wiz but when one thinks that the percentage is higher for someone to make a shot 20 feet further away then the math is wrong.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FT Disparity: 68-40 Heat : They do have a point guard who is starting to believe the rumor that there is a foul line.  You glance through box scores and you things like Westbrook making 10 of 12 one night, Rose making 11 of 13 the next, and weeks go by and Rondo does not take any.......  he has been told to get to the rim and when he gest within layup range, he passes it out to someone 20 feet further away.  He is supposed to be some sort of math wiz but when one thinks that the percentage is higher for someone to make a shot 20 feet further away then the math is wrong.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I agree. I didn't realize that we were scared of Z, Bosh and Anthony. Geez take the ball to the basket if you miss FTs fine but at least you will put them in foul trouble and by the end of the game maybe it's RA or PP shooting those FTs with their bigs sitting on the bench. All this hesitation and over passing on offense is killing the flow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Rondo doesn't like to get foul because it will show his weakness as a free throw shooter.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

and this disparity is why i believe the heat will be winning many, many titles over the next few years

but good luck all the same...the atmosphere at the garden on saturday should be fun

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FT Disparity: 68-40 Heat : I agree. I didn't realize that we were scared of Z, Bosh and Anthony. Geez take the ball to the basket if you miss FTs fine but at least you will put them in foul trouble and by the end of the game maybe it's RA or PP shooting those FTs with their bigs sitting on the bench. All this hesitation and over passing on offense is killing the flow.

Hey Rajon - you are not playing for a contract you already have it, everyone knows you can't shoot free throws (or anywhere else for that matter) so what are you trying to protect - your already bad stats?  your legacy as an average point guard who was fortunate enough to have a GM that a ton of late first round picks and a couple of huge expiring contracts to bring you a BIG 3?  Are you afraid of getting a boo boo by getting fouled - its your job.

Can we please see some more posts from people that love to wax poetic about how Rondo's contract was a bargain?  A 13 million dollar albatross and with a new CBA with a hard cap he will be a real bargain all right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

This is telling me the heat are driving to the basket and getting fouled.

This exactly we were lacking during some part of the season when we struggled some.

The heat was just settling for jumpshots, not driving in and it was hurting them.

Those lebron james one on one matchups really upset a lot of heat fans.

He is still doing it but not that much. We have to keep attacking the celtics if we are going to have any chance of beating you guys at least once at boston

Or else it could very well be a tied series back in miami.

PS.  Thats a big disparity 68 to 40...thats a 28 point difference..Too much to overcome.....Especially in the playoffs when almost every team shoots well from the free throw line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The refs give you the illusion that one team is taking the ball to the basket more than the other team. Fouls aren't just being called when James and Wade are going to the basket, they're being called all over the court. The Heat are getting calls "in the act" which helps get to the FT line.

Do you remember when the Bad Boys were beating up MJ? It worked for a few years but when that physical play started being called the Pistons could no longer beat the Bulls because MJ was living at the FT line.

If you're going to call the game physical, allow it to be physical. The refs are making it almost impossible for the C's to match the Heat's aggressive style.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Miami was #3 in free throw attempts this year.
    Boston was #22.

That tells the whole story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE] The refs are making it almost impossible for the C's to match the Heat's aggressive style.

The heat are not the pistons of old by any means we play within the rules....There is no rodman in this team.........He was one of the nastiest players ever.....Great rebounder i give him that but he couldnt get away with what he got away back then nowdays.

Point is we play tough just like the celtics play tough. The celtics played a good defensive game for the most past of the game yesterday. at one point it was 80-80............They just ran out of gas.

1. Is it they are getting old..age?
    2. Is it the celtics having rondo a distraction hurts them..?( as far as rondo been in the huddle and going away from it when pierce whispered something)

3. I know its not coaching because the celtics have better coaching than the heat straight up!

4. Was it the perkins move?

5. Is it the two or three players that are new to this team thats totally breaking this team appart and in the mean time the celtics are totally  losing the chemistry they had last year?

PS. I mean the celtics still have its core players the big3 and rondo....But there is something wrong with rondo.

Maybe we should give credit to the heats defense.