Full Celtics & Brooklyn Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Full Celtics & Brooklyn Trade

In the deal which can not become official until July 10 which is the first day contracts for next season can be signed - one of the players involved in the trade, Keith Bogans, will be included via sign-and-trade - the Celtics will also send the Nets Jason Terry. Boston gets Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans (through sign-and-trade) and Tornike Shengalia. More significant than the players is the fact that the Celtics will get three first-round picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018. CSNNE.com

Adrian Wojnarowski: Kris Joseph will part of the Nets package to the Celtics, as well as the right to swap draft picks in 2017, league source tells Y! Sports. Twitter

BOS Gets

Players: Wallace, Humphries, Evans, Bogans, Shengalia, Joseph

Picks : 2014, 2016, 2018

Rights to swap in 2017

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Full Celtics & Brooklyn Trade

Sad day because I really like KG. I'm going to root for the Nets they should be real good.

NOW, let's swing a deal for Josh Smith...Wallace and a few picks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I love Paul and Kevin and think higher of Jet than most.

but

This is not bad for our future. There were a lot of other scenerios that I liked better, but lets be honest, none of them included this amount of picks. As far as we know, there may be more details to come. I liked Joseph and glad he's back. I know nothing about Bogans or Shengali but they could earn value this year and lead to a bigger catch. I guess Wallace won't be so rough after the bitterness of Humphries is gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Sad day because I really like KG. I'm going to root for the Nets they should be real good.

NOW, let's swing a deal for Josh Smith...Wallace and a few picks

+1..but I dont think there is enough money for JS...is there???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If Danny can somehow swing a S&T for Smith involving Wallace ... 

REDEMPTION

Considering:

Danny Ainge: For those Rondo fans, Danny Ainge said 1) he's not going to be traded and 2) he sees Rondo as a central cornerstone to bring around #celtics Twitter

It could very well be that Rondo is here to stay and Danny is serious about pairing him with Smith and Green.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

REDEMPTION

Considering:

Danny Ainge: For those Rondo fans, Danny Ainge said 1) he's not going to be traded and 2) he sees Rondo as a central cornerstone to bring around #celtics Twitter

It could very well be that Rondo is here to stay and Danny is serious about pairing him with Smith and Green.

Is there money for it? for JSmith?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would try to buyout Wallace...his contract is ridiculous. I think there is another move coming. We now have Bass, Sully and Humphries at PF...that's alot of money for little production.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

REDEMPTION

Considering:

As much as I am not a fan of paying Smith big money I would rather pay him 13 than Wallace 10, that being said I still hope they dont give him a max deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I expect them to hold Rondo out for awhile next year...translation we will definitely be in the lottery if other moves aren't made.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from behemothZ3R0. Show behemothZ3R0's posts

I'm really hoping we can swing Wallace and some picks for Josh Smith...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Between hernandez arrest , bruins game 6 collapse and now pp, kg to brooklyn. This was a very bad sports week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If we don't get JSmith to pair with Rondo, I expect Rondo to be traded as well next season. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

i don't want josh smith and more importantly he isn't coming to Boston because there are contending teams in the hunt for his services (thank baby jesus). let the bad times roll! build through the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'd rather have had Blesdsoe, Jordan & Butler & 2 picks and gotten rid of Terry & Lee and rooted for the Clippers & Doc, KG & PP  to beat the Lakers & also be in another division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

i don't want josh smith and more importantly he isn't coming to Boston because there are contending teams in the hunt for his services (thank baby jesus). let the bad times roll! build through the draft.

as we have learned before, you can go so far with the draft. You need veterans and a star..and chances of getting a star straight through the draft are slim...so..I could live with Smith, Rondo, Sullinger and and we probably would still be going through rebuilding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I don't know what danny is thinking with Rondo, Humphries and Wallace ... that is just a disaster waiting to happen. Don't they all hate each other? They fought thismyear .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I don't know what danny is thinking with Rondo, Humphries and Wallace ... that is just a disaster waiting to happen. Don't they all hate each other? They fought thismyear .

+1...I dont know Humphries but does he have a trade value at all???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

With Joseph coming back (SF) maybe Rame is onto something ... Wallace to Cavs for a TPE (???)

Humphries with Sully lets the C's trade Bass for another piece or even Humphries (nothing like a big expiring contract) for Josh Smith.

Trader Danny is back!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

as we have learned before, you can go so far with the draft. You need veterans and a star..and chances of getting a star straight through the draft are slim...so..I could live with Smith, Rondo, Sullinger and and we probably would still be going through rebuilding.

[/QUOTE]

Well Danny has given us extra picks now too. So if we can start competing in 2015, then we can keep building through those extra picks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

I think the answer is right there, its a disaster waiting to happen just in time for the 2014 draft.

All Danny can hope for is this team is the bottom of the east and try getting that #1 pick

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I really like this trade with the Nets.

Three first round picks plus Humphries, Wallace, and Evans.

We get bigger, stronger, and younger, and we get three first round picks.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I hope there is more to this trade. We have more players on the roster than allowed. I really hope DA has a plan because this trade on its' own merit doesn't cut it. I loved when they were Celtics but now they are not . I hope KG breaksdown and PP gets even slower and Terry plays as well for them as he did for us. The plus of this that I can see is we can do some serious trading with teams trying to land LBJ in 2014 or maybe we can. 12 mil expiring contract is better than the 8 we were getting from Clips. Wallace if he can play a year or 2 better than had last year or we get enough cash from nits to waive/amnesty Wallace. Boggans is an end of bench guy that doesn't make waves and cheap. I thought Joseph was to make last years roster. Evans can rebound is cheap but is 33. so we get some wiggle room this year. We're still not bad enough to get into the lottery. So next years pick is of Atls choosing, so unless both teams really stink next year we'll probably picking in the teens or20s. I guess Wallaces 9.8 over 3 years gives us more room since over all overall they're accepting 10 mil more total salaries. If we dump WAllace or he makes a remarkable comeback from last year career avg 13,5 &3. We could have enough to sign D Harris and Delembert this year but we'd have to part J Crawford, T Will (who I like his game),Joseph and Randolph. I don't think if Sully and RR are back and healthy we miss playoffs,so no lottery and have 2 15-20 something picks. I don't think KG,JET and PP put them over the top for a ring either. Considering that KG waived his no trade clause because they garaunteed his last 2 years of his contract,he proved my he bleeds green just not Celtic green. Eventhough this trade isn't as bad as I thought it was it still isn't a great deal for either team.  I hope this isn't the only move we make this off season. Oh well Summer league starts 7/7 anyone know if its going to be on TV locally? This offseason is getting more and more interesting by the day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

With Reggie Evans and Sullinger we won't be getting out rebounding anymore.