Game 1 Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Game 1 Thoughts

Evaluations from Game 1:

1. Overall - we lost the game in the 1st half.  Too many turnovers, poor shooting, and lack of aggressiveness.
    2. KG did the job we wanted on Bosh, but not on offense.
    3. Paul was a big part of the poor shooting in the first half - missed free throws, turnovers that lead to easy baskets and fouls
    4. Ray was....Ray. 
    5. But, Rondo was the bad Rondo.   WAY too many turnovers.
    6. James Jones shot great, partially because we left him open and he stepped up.
    7. Refs get an "F" for this game.  They fed the view that refs are fixing games with their bias.  Clearly, Donohee was right when he said refs have biases and those biases affect the game.

Celtics did not play great d and due to a bad first half, we lost the game.  I'm betting that we correct many of these probs and game 2 will be much different.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Re: Game 1 Thoughts

rondo was a no show.
    west played better.

other than ray

this team looks ready to quit.

red sox were more exciting today

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Yeah blame the refs! Your in need of an inside game.  slow down the pace. And stop crying about the refs you babies!! Its called home court!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Game 1 Thoughts:
    [QUOTE]rondo was a no show. west played better. other than ray this team looks ready to quit. red sox were more exciting today
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

Of course the refs were the reason they lost but once you get past that nonsense.... there are any number of things that stand out.... like the Heat decided Pierce was not going to be a factor.... Bosh is better than most think on the defensive end.... KG has slipped some (but nobody is willing to admit it).....  Rondo believed the headlines saying that he had an edge on Bibby and then promptly embarrassed himself off the floor - not quite unexpectedly....

The Heat have a game plan... let someone beat us but contain the rest and play unbelievable defense...........  I think if the Heat played defense to the end they could have held the Cs to 75 points........they decided instead to trade baskets for the last three quarters of the game, of course with the help of the refs (lmao)......

Rondo played himself out of the game because he started to believe his press clippings and guess what - they were wrong.....

Let's go over what we read before the series....

the Cs bench is much better, the Cs have a decided advantage at the point and the center position, the Cs rest would garner a sweep, and so on and so forth.......

6 games from now the Cs will have a 7 and 4 record in the playoffs and can finally start working on their golf swings or motorcycle gun and drug running or whatever it is they do in the offseason.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Stop putting words in my mouth, Dudder and Lakersman.  I gave all the reasons we lost and I also said the refs influenced the game, which they did.  We didn't lose because of them, but the refs definitely kicked a star out of the game (same ref made BOTH calls).   Kobe would do more than that chasing a ref across the floor arguing and get no technical.  Wade lowers his shoulder and sticks out his elbow trying to hurt Paul and Paul gets the T?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Stop putting words in my mouth, Dudder and Lakersman.  I gave all the reasons we lost and I also said the refs influenced the game, which they did.  We didn't lose because of them, but the refs definitely kicked a star out of the game (same ref made BOTH calls).   Kobe would do more than that chasing a ref across the floor arguing and get no technical.  Wade lowers his shoulder and sticks out his elbow trying to hurt Paul and Paul gets the T?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You of course cannot separate yourself from your green diapers but if Wade headbutted D West you would have been calling for an immediate ejection and would have been throwing your remote through the screen had Wade been allowed to play 5 more minutes before being ejected...... stop the nonsense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dudder, my first reaction was to curse you out for being so offensive and accusatorial.  But, then I decided to just remember.....you are the Dudder and everyone has already said the things about you that need to be said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dud the racist is NOT a fan of this team. Why engage??

Just put him on ignore, it is one of the best decisions i made. He is truly human scum, stuff you wipe off a shoe, and the vomit he produces on this site shows what a worthless piece of trash he is.

again... he NEVER was a Celtic fan, he's a lonley sad man here to start fights

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

here is where this game was at.  ONE GUY showed up to play for us to start this game and throughout.  that's it.  the heat had wade and james and james jones with the triple happy birthday game. 

tha'ts all you need to know.  our team was hopelessly un-aggressive when it counted and then the whole was so big they couldn't dig out of it. 

kg with 6 points?  how many free throws did we shoot?  aside from ilgauskas, the heap have nobody who can guard davis or jerlame in the post.  you have to go inside and get yourself some.  and that includes KG, who played like a freaking wallflower today for us.

delonte west showed a bit of life, jeff green stunk, and why did we not try to post krstic vs. james jones? 

we did and didn't do so many things that gave up our competitive advantages and then you mix up HORRENDOUS PERIMETER DEFENSE and you just gave the game away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and i also did not appreciate the dumbo foul job by rondo.  he removed himself from a game that he was already stinking at by picking up 3 fast ones. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Evaluations from Game 1:

1. Overall - we lost the game in the 1st half.  Too many turnovers, poor shooting, and lack of aggressiveness.

Agree. The bench was outplayed... the starters played ok 1st 6 mins but there was nu flow to the game, choppy defensive battle. If we came w/ more intensity maybe a 16-14 game woulda been a 22-10 one before the starters left for rest and/or w/ fouls.

2. KG did the job we wanted on Bosh, but not on offense.

Spot on again. You are not going to get many 26 point games from KG anymore. But you also won't get many 7 point games from Bosh. KG needed a good 14-16 point outing to take advantage. It was Baby who was just the worst though.

3. Paul was a big part of the poor shooting in the first half - missed free throws, turnovers that lead to easy baskets and fouls.

If Paul held onto the ball, was more aggressive, made the two FT's he missed, and didn't have his dumb 2nd foul... maybe we had that 22-10 lead i was talking about.

.4. Ray was....Ray. 
    5. But, Rondo was the bad Rondo.   WAY too many turnovers.

Yes and Yes. Gotta hope we get this Ray again (and again and again) but also w/ the Rondo who controls the entire game. Can't get a quick 3 fouls. I liked the desire to drive, but smart drives, not getting stuffed drives. I also liked his 2-2 from the line. But I'd rather it be 5-8. just get there more. Put them in the penalty.

6. James Jones shot great, partially because we left him open and he stepped up.

Idiotic to leave the 3-point champ that bettered both Paul and Ray open so dang much. He won the game for miami obviously.

7. Refs get an "F" for this game.  They fed the view that refs are fixing games with their bias.  Clearly, Donohee was right when he said refs have biases and those biases affect the game.

I wouldn't go that far. But they allowed the chippiness to continue w/ a lack of calls for the Celtics and then blindly ejected a Celtic player when it was 100% the wrong call. Flagrants on both Jones/Wade. Prob a tech on Paul for getting in jones face. That was it.

Celtics did not play great d and due to a bad first half, we lost the game.  I'm betting that we correct many of these probs and game 2 will be much different.

I'd bet the same. We played good D in stretches, but couldn't capitalize by playing a fluid offense at the same time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Our first quarter was attrocious.. perhaps Pierce at his worse since he was in diapers.. it set the tone..

As we (Ray with a little help) tried to make a game of it, the refs had their say..

Rondo foul on Jones? The guy jumped for a rebound, over ROndos back and fell to the ground. That knocks ROndo out of the game.

JON flagrant??? Are you F in kidding me? A type of bump that generally doesnt even warrant a foul call..

....and so on...

Celtics werent going to win this game even if they played their best in the 2nd half.. which they didnt. 

I said it early in the game...ROndo was forcing himself.. driving and taking shots as if the Knicks were still defending him. Going straight up into someone like they wont slap the ball away if you put it in their face is dumb. He thought to throw it up there and it should go in... well, his shots got swatted like flies..  Rondo was out of control in the 1st quarter..

and as bad as he was, Pierce trumped him... playing like he did a pregame vaseline rub on his hands... dribbling off his foot, then again, throwing the ball away... bricking 2 FT's, missing every other shot and called for 2 or 3 fouls... that was just the 1st qtr.

Bench was garbage too.. DWest hit some 3's but HOW MANY wide open 3's did he pump fake  into poor shots? Take the shot, its open but instead, the clock winds down and we heave it... dumb, dumb, dumb

Jeff Green another impersonation of the invisible man.  NExt game I expect Jeff to pick up Lebron at midcourt and crowd him so he can drive by for a few jams instead of taking a 20 footer.

Baby has lost that certain something... he got robbed of a couple of charge calls  that the M*****F****** refs had the gaul to call a blocking foul.

All in all, the refs can turn the momemtum any time they wish..jand it ruins the game.  We played badly but didnt have a chance when we climbed close cause Mr Sterns scumbags had to be important today

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Good points.  Petey was saying on another thread how the start of the game was really bad and of course it was.  Pierce and Rondo have to play better out of the gate, no doubt.  However, as bad as they were, they were right there on the scoreboard, 16-14 or so.  That's when the 2nd unit guys started coming in.  West was awful aside from a coupla shots.  Baby's turnover on the last possession of the 1st qtr was inexcusable.  And Green's defense really, really killed them at the beginning of that 2nd qtr.  To me the starters didn't play well at first but THE BENCH really screwed things up end of 1st-beginning 2nd qtr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Acie,

ONE GUY showed up to play for us to start this game and throughout.  that's it.  the heat had wade and james and james jones with the triple happy birthday game.

tha'ts all you need to know.  our team was hopelessly un-aggressive when it counted and then the whole was so big they couldn't dig out of it.

Agree 

kg with 6 points?  how many free throws did we shoot?  aside from ilgauskas, the heap have nobody who can guard davis or jerlame in the post.

I was expecting more from JON after the NYK series as far as reb's/blk's (2/0). He needs to step up w/ more mins. 21 mins again not enough. Is this Doc's fault? He was again a +2 tonight. Davis in 23 mins was a -21. AWFUL.

you have to go inside and get yourself some.  and that includes KG, who played like a freaking wallflower today for us.

Agree

delonte west showed a bit of life

Yes, encouraging. We need his 10-5-2 in 26 mins to be an 8-4-2 in 18-20 mins tho. Obv it was b/c of foul trouble to Rondo. His tech for throwing the ball was dumb. He needs to shoot the open 3 w/ confidence. Like House would have. But overall ok. We need him to play some gritty mins up in Wade's grille as he is only 1" shorter than him.

jeff green stunk

Disagree. Compared to what? your dream of what he 'should be' or compared to what we have been getting from him? He played LeBron pretty good. Was more aggressive than in the past. Just needs to be more so. The two 3's was nice. Same w/ the dunk. He had a steal and a block. Just needed to be a little more aggressive to turn 1-2 misses into makes and take 1-2 more shots. Zero reb's and 1-3 from the line my only major complaints.

and why did we not try to post krstic vs. james jones? 

Must have missed when Jones was on him. I'd go match-up more w/ Krstic. Use him on Big Z more since they have similar games. Then I'd use JON and KG on the Anthony/Bosh duo, since both can play D on Bosh and are taller than Anthony so they should eliminate his rgged D/reb's w/ their ability to shoot over him and a better ability to get boards than Krstic.

we did and didn't do so many things that gave up our competitive advantages and then you mix up HORRENDOUS PERIMETER DEFENSE and you just gave the game away.

Yeah the perimeter D was terrible.

wade will NOT keep going 8-11 or whatever it was on mi-range J's vs. Ray. Mix up the type of defenders he see's as well. LBJ should only get Pierce and Green (making sure they are both more rested than him). but Wade should have Rondo, Ray, Delonte and Paul all thrown at him at diff times. Ray exhaust him w/ s. Rondo w/ drives and pesky D. Paul can post him up. Etc. We were too predictable.

I agree things will change in game 2.

I liked that 2-2-1 zone at the end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

When you play average at best an the other team plays good you lose. Period. James Jones will not be the greatest player in the NBA the next game. 25 points on 7 shots...do the math.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

1.  That loss is on KG and Rondo.  Neither of those guys played well.

2.  The officiating was abysmal - one of the worst officiated games I have seen in my life and I have been following the Celts since 1976.

3.  Dwayne Wade is a punk and a crybaby.  he argues EVERY call and EVERY non-call.  The 1980's Celtics would have face-planted that punk into the basket support.  That is exactly what should have happened after the 2nd tech on Pierce.  One of the celts scrubs should have been dispatched to foul Wade 6 times as hard as possible.  I am sick of hearing on ESPN how wade is a good guy.  He is the biggest jerk in the NBA.

4.  Ray Allen shows up every game.

5.  That clown jones will never have another game like that in his life.  I hope he keeps shooting.  He has no hope of repeating that performance and will take shots away from real players.

Celtics win this series in 6 games.  Despite the refs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Good points.  Petey was saying on another thread how the start of the game was really bad and of course it was.  Pierce and Rondo have to play better out of the gate, no doubt.  However, as bad as they were, they were right there on the scoreboard, 16-14 or so.  That's when the 2nd unit guys started coming in.  West was awful aside from a coupla shots.  Baby's turnover on the last possession of the 1st qtr was inexcusable.  And Green's defense really, really killed them at the beginning of that 2nd qtr.  To me the starters didn't play well at first but THE BENCH really screwed things up end of 1st-beginning 2nd qtr.
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

Celtic starters:

+2 overall when on the court, 67 points

Heat starters:

+4 overall when on the court, 70 points

I think it is clear who lost us the game... and despite 'flashes' from DWest and Green they were a combined -17.

Krstic only played 6 mins. I am ok w/ him getting those again in game 2. Although only vs. Big Z and not Anthony. Shaq will got those 6 mins in games 3 and 4 and then hopefully play a bigger role in games 5-6 (and probably game 7).

Baby was a -21. He was TERRIBLE.

Jermaine really needs to be playing 6-8 mins more at this point. I know he fouls a lot. but he will rebound and defend the rim better than Baby. He has been making a high % of shots.

Green should also be playing LeBron anytime he is the 4. Give him 4-6 mins more. Say 12 less mins of Baby (limit him to mostly when Anthony is the PF).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[ jeff green stunk   Disagree. Compared to what? your dream of what he 'should be' or compared to what we have been getting from him? He played LeBron pretty good. Was more aggressive than in the past. Just needs to be more so. The two 3's was nice. Same w/ the dunk. He had a steal and a block. Just needed to be a little more aggressive to turn 1-2 misses into makes and take 1-2 more shots. Zero reb's and 1-3 from the line my only major complaints. and why did we not try to post krstic vs. james jones?  Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Green was the one (not the only one) playing that horrendous perimeter defense.  It's his defense that's the major issue.  Yeah he makes a few shots but I think he could be more aggressive offensively.  But it's the defense.  Green's still playing Oklahoma City/Western Conference defense.  We need Green to play Celtic defense...now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Schumpeters,

1.  That loss is on KG and Rondo.  Neither of those guys played well.

Yes. If KG gets 37 mins I expect way more than a 6p-8r effort. He played good D on Bosh, but needed to step it up on the boards and be aggressive w/ his own offense. Bosh is allowed to outrebound him if he plays 43 mins to KG's 35. but not at 37 even.

Rondo's 2-2 from the line and aggressive drives was good in theory. He just didn't perform the best. Floaters that were blocked, dumb fouls and TO's. YES attack the rim, get 7 reb's and make FT's. BUT also get others involved (as only you can) and control/slow down the game to your benefit.

2.  The officiating was abysmal - one of the worst officiated games I have seen in my life and I have been following the Celts since 1976.

It was bad. but not game 7 in LA bad. C'mon now. If this is the worst we get this series I'll be thrilled.

They simply let the Heat players get away w/ chippiness and always seemed to end Boston's 5-7 points 'surges' (where the game got within 7-11) with a quick poor call.

but fouls were only 24-21. I'll take that in miami anyday. As long as we get to take a few more FT's in boston.

Of course they buchered the Pierce toss. Shoulda been dub flagrants. Pierce a tech when he got in Jones face (but not tech on jones, just the flagrant, that they idiotically did not call).

3.  Dwayne Wade is a punk and a crybaby.  he argues EVERY call and EVERY non-call.  The 1980's Celtics would have face-planted that punk into the basket support.  That is exactly what should have happened after the 2nd tech on Pierce.  One of the celts scrubs should have been dispatched to foul Wade 6 times as hard as possible.  I am sick of hearing on ESPN how wade is a good guy.  He is the biggest jerk in the NBA.

He is like Kobe in that way. Always fouled but rarely fouls anyone else. But he does it with smarmy smiles and baby faces on the court where Kobe looks like a killer all game long. Kobe shows up as fake AFTER the games, where a homophobic adulterer who quit on his team multiple times over the years is allowed to preen and smile and parade his daughters around like a conquering hero.

Wade is prob the genuinely nice guy he acts like off the court. Just a bit entitled and spoiled as a former finals MVP and gold medalist who thinks he is deserves calls above other.

4.  Ray Allen shows up every game.

Except for:

- the Cleve series in '08 (9 points per, 16% on 3's in 7 games)
    - the Orlando series in '09 (13ppg 19% on 3's in 7 games)
    - the last 5 games vs. LA in '10 (12ppg 17% from 3)

although he did have the bone bruise given to him by Artest in game 3 last year that prob cost us winning the finals in 5. Hid D on kobe the fake MVP (Pau/the refs the real ones) in game 7 was great.

We def need close to tonights Ray every game of the playoffs. Lots of pressure on him. Paul had 19 points despite somehow looking awful at all times and being ejected? Ouch.

5.  That clown jones will never have another game like that in his life.  I hope he keeps shooting.  He has no hope of repeating that performance and will take shots away from real players.

I hope we don't leave him open and send him to the line 10x. He only shot 7x so it was not like he can 'keep shooting' and eventually he'll get cold. Give him 7 shots each game, just contest them and he'll get 5-8 points from the field. Give him 10 freaking FT's and he'll always get 8-10 points from the line.

Celtics win this series in 6 games.  Despite the refs.

Celts will win in 6 if they win game 2 and Shaq is healthy enough to be a factor the rest of the series. That means like 3 games where he gets 6p and 3r in the 7-9 mins we've been getting NOTHING from Kristic. Then 1 big game where he has a 10p-6r effort playing mins in the teens.

We will lose in 7 if we win game 2 and Shaq is not healthy.

We will lose in 5 if we lose game 2 and Shaq is not healthy.

It is 50-50 if we win in 7 if we lose game 2 but get a healthy Shaq back.

And as for the refs. If they can control the chippiness better and not blow conflicts like the ones w/ Pierce tonight... I am fine w/ them calling the fouls 24-21 in favor of the home team all series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You have to remember  - the NBA refs are masters of making the stats look even.  They call late fouls or non-shooting fouls.  So the 24 - 21 is not a good indicator of how much they piped it today.

I didn't see game 7 last year - because I was in a cabin in South Dakota's black hills.  Listened on radio - so if it was worse - it must have been illegally bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 1 Thoughts : [ jeff green stunk   Disagree. Compared to what? your dream of what he 'should be' or compared to what we have been getting from him? He played LeBron pretty good. Was more aggressive than in the past. Just needs to be more so. The two 3's was nice. Same w/ the dunk. He had a steal and a block. Just needed to be a little more aggressive to turn 1-2 misses into makes and take 1-2 more shots. Zero reb's and 1-3 from the line my only major complaints. and why did we not try to post krstic vs. james jones?  Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] Yeah but Green was the one (not the only one) playing that horrendous perimeter defense.  It's his defense that's the major issue.  Yeah he makes a few shots but I think he could be more aggressive offensively.  But it's the defense.  Green's still playing Oklahoma City/Western Conference defense.  We need Green to play Celtic defense...now.
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

This is true. about how he looks hesitant and disinterested at times and still plays a bit like he's out West in the regular season. Posey at least was just 2 years removed from two grueling east coast playoff battles w/ Detroit and then a ring.

But I saw Ray throwing himself at a wide open Jones on many of his 7 3 point attempts.

LeBron went 8-19 from the field and 1-3 from 3. I am fine with that EVERY game. And he is the ONLY guy I want to see Green defending.

You do not put at 6'8" combo forward on basically a spot up shooting guard. Even if they want to call him a small forward. He is a small forward if Reggie Miller was one. 190lbs on him. 

You tell Green he needs to play 22 mins a game of sticking like glue to LBJ. Bother him, use 5 fouls (smartly of course) on him (he went 5-9 at the line). Then on offense head to the hoop 3-4 times like you did at the end of the game, get a bucket and 2 FT's. Go 2-4 on 3's, and just be a little more aggressive in finding more offense. One more bucket and thats 12 points in 22 mins. Hit the glass more and he can swing the series our way.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

The bench played no D, Davis was a minus 21!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

On Green, I'd give him a B.  He wasn't that bad.  He hit his shots and played aggressive.  Stupid to push up over Lebron and try to smoother him.  I've not seen a defensive posture that stupid in a while but that was just one play.

I think Doc has a challenge - our starters need rest but our bench has been letting us down.  Doc could leave the starters in longer and possibly wear them down but he could possibly win the game this way!  Our bench vs another team's bench might be ok, but our bench has to play Heat starters and that's a problem.  This will happen this series because Wade, Lebron and Bosh are going to all play major minutes.  So, Doc is going to have to decide whether or not to keep bringing in our unproductive beach (vs leaving the starters in for longer than desired, taking the risk that they'll get tired).

Go ahead, Doc.....just shorter the bench again.  Win the darn game and forget everyone crying about why some bench player doesn't play.  Only BBD and Green and West are worth playing in short periods.   One exception....give Wafer a chance.  He may just be able to help you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Game 1 Thoughts:
    [QUOTE]Evaluations from Game 1: 1. Overall - we lost the game in the 1st half.  Too many turnovers, poor shooting, and lack of aggressiveness. 2. KG did the job we wanted on Bosh, but not on offense. 3. Paul was a big part of the poor shooting in the first half - missed free throws, turnovers that lead to easy baskets and fouls 4. Ray was....Ray.  5. But, Rondo was the bad Rondo.   WAY too many turnovers. 6. James Jones shot great, partially because we left him open and he stepped up. 7. Refs get an "F" for this game.  They fed the view that refs are fixing games with their bias.  Clearly, Donohee was right when he said refs have biases and those biases affect the game. Celtics did not play great d and due to a bad first half, we lost the game.  I'm betting that we correct many of these probs and game 2 will be much different.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Nutshell...Miami can't play a better offensive game. Boston can play a much better game on both ends. Boston was there just about till the last whistle. I am encouraged. Boston will take the series.