Game Day 2/1 Celtics vs. Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

Game Day 2/1 Celtics vs. Kings

Alright everyone, out here in Sacramento (Dustin Pedroia home town - he is a Kings fan) so thought hey why not I'll start a thread.

The Kings overall record is really bad but I see this team play on a regular basis once all my sports options are exhausted in the evening :-) but Kings over the past month are a much more formidable young bunch who will be ready to play Tuesday night. They just beat the Lakers easily last Friday night in LA and then snapped NO 10 game win streak the very next night. They have 2 good young players one named Tyrek Evans and the other a young 20 year old with allot of promise named Demarcus Cousins. They are very active and growing with each game played. Lets not let the record get in the way here, the Celtics need to play their game or the Kings will win this game

I'll be in attendance and in Company of allot of Boston fans.

One more note, a bit of history. In the 1985/86 season the Kings first year in Sacramento, the Celtics under Larry Bird came into a temporary arena and I was a young kid in Kings row ready to watch my all time favorite player Larry Bird, then he missed 2 critical free throws late in the game and I thought that building was going to crash down it was so loud, I'll never forget that game, even we lost, we still won the Title that year. 25 years later, it is a similar match up, the big C against the worst team in the league. No upsets this time around, please...

GM#21 out...

Go Sox, can't wait for the trip to Oakland!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Game Day 2/1 Celtics vs. Kings

Cheer 'em on!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi gmm21. Good to hear from another Northern CA. resident. I live just a little north of Sacramento just outside Chico.
       Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow night and I won't be able to drive to Sac. to see the game live. Wear your green and give the Celtics a cheer for me.
       I agree with you that the Kings got some confidence after 2 big wins. The Celtics better come to play. I don't think the C's will have a let down. I never do. Go Celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

gmm21, good post.  I am so cautious about this game.  There are so many factors going against the Celtics tonight.  It's the final game of a West Coast swing, we just beat the Lakers and have a tough Dallas team coming to Boston on Thursday so we easily overlook this game and come out flat.

I sure hope we play well because we will have to take this team seriously to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Well all in all, mabey the reffs will let up a bit tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Day 2/1 Celtics vs. Kings:
    [QUOTE]Hi gmm21. Good to hear from another Northern CA. resident. I live just a little north of Sacramento just outside Chico.    Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow night and I won't be able to drive to Sac. to see the game live. Wear your green and give the Celtics a cheer for me.    I agree with you that the Kings got some confidence after 2 big wins. The Celtics better come to play. I don't think the C's will have a let down. I never do. Go Celtics.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Hi Mem17!
    Well great game last night. I know some of you fans expected the Celtics to simply walk in and walk over the Kings but like I said I see this Kings team allot here in N. California and you all need to appreciate that this Kings team is young but definitely heading in the right direction.

Allot of Celtics fans last night, not surprising, I really enjoyed a good Basketball game and even though the Celtic's were not at their top best play they still found a way to win this game, thats what makes Champions folks.

Looking forward to the Play Offs, and the start of the Sox 2011 season.
    GM#21 out...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Game Day 2/1 Celtics vs. Kings:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Day 2/1 Celtics vs. Kings : Hi Mem17! Well great game last night. I know some of you fans expected the Celtics to simply walk in and walk over the Kings but like I said I see this Kings team allot here in N. California and you all need to appreciate that this Kings team is young but definitely heading in the right direction. Allot of Celtics fans last night, not surprising, I really enjoyed a good Basketball game and even though the Celtic's were not at their top best play they still found a way to win this game, thats what makes Champions folks. Looking forward to the Play Offs, and the start of the Sox 2011 season. GM#21 out...
    Posted by gmm21[/QUOTE]

It was a good win by the Celtics, but the Kings have been playing very good basketball lately.  The Celtics just as easily could have lost last night.  The Kings definitely have some very good young players and are only going to improve next year. 
    The Red Sox should have a very good team and I believe they have a good chance of winning the division, unless they have another disappointing season of injuries and underperforming pitching like last year.   Hopefully, that won't happen again. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, it's not like the c's just didn't show.  The kings definitely brought it last night. It took a rise to playoff intensity from KG to get us over the hump.  They forced the C's "a game."