GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : ....your talking about TWO YEARS AGO upperco....i think you should probly get over it, as Rondo is a better player than he was then. and since we are on two years ago, who played out-of-this-world basketball to GET the C's all the way to the Finals in the first place?? short memories we have.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

You know, you don't have to get all nasty and angry when someone isn't licking your boots over everything you say. I'm just saying that teams will not even guard him sometime. He'll start the play and they will sag off of him. Still happens.not as much as TWO years ago but still happens

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Ortiz, I would love to see PP defer a little more in the final 5 games or so.  I'd love to see all starters as well as Pietrus and Ray in double-figures and with Stiemsma and Sasha providing defensive and rebounding energy.

That would make for a solid 9 man rotation for the playoffs and it would keep everyone involved for the final push unitl we rest players for the final two games or so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : You know, you don't have to get all nasty and angry when someone isn't licking your boots over everything you say. I'm just saying that teams will not even guard him sometimes. He'll start the play and they will sag off of him. Still happens.not as much as TWO years ago but still happens
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

lol im not nasty nor angry, i just didnt understand why you would bring up something a team did 2 yrs ago to describe what happens in current games to Rondo. 

its also been proven that when they sag off of him, it just gives him more space to complete passes. he has started to attack that style of defense, and so teams arent doing it as much.

i very rarely get angry on this site, only get mad when posters "hate" on players. thats not what you were doing, you were just making a claim. it just took me aback bc it happened two years ago. thats all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

half of me wants to see the Celts only play KG and Paul and Ray and even Rondo in 3 of the nxt 5 games. they need rest and the bench has proved it can be fairly competitive with bigger minutes..

the best thing that Doc does prior to the playoffs is get the guys rest. they always come into games refreshed and ready to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I can agree that when teams don't guard Rondo at all and won't let him drive, we have a problem.   But, that's a different situation than Petey was discussing, I thought.  I THOUGHT Petey was talking about Rondo driving and kicking and not being aggressive on taking it all the way to the basket.

In the situation where Rondo is not being guarded and the middle is clogged so he can't drive, the question becomes:  should Rondo start taking jumpers at that point?  I hope he hits.  But if he doesn't hit,....should Doc have Bradley and Ray in the game so that we have shooters and they have to play honest defense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : lol im not nasty nor angry, i just didnt understand why you would bring up something a team did 2 yrs ago to describe what happens in current games to Rondo.  its also been proven that when they sag off of him, it just gives him more space to complete passes. he has started to attack that style of defense, and so teams arent doing it as much. i very rarely get angry on this site, only get mad when posters "hate" on players. thats not what you were doing, you were just making a claim. it just took me aback bc it happened two years ago. thats all.

No problem man, We all want RR to be the best at everything. Some of us on here are OLD enough to remember the JO JO white types that, left alone, would just drill it. Rondo is a very unique type of guard. More so than Cousy was I think too. When you've died rooting for this team for 50 years thru all the very good years and the bad ones it's like wanting your own kid to get better faster at everything. Heinson has seen them ALL and he thinks this is the final piece for RR to be one of the true greats. Maybe in my mind a little patience is in order. The kid is GREAT. I just want him greater. He will be

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I can agree that when teams don't guard Rondo at all and won't let him drive, we have a problem.   But, that's a different situation than Petey was discussing, I thought.  I THOUGHT Petey was talking about Rondo driving and kicking and not being aggressive on taking it all the way to the basket. In the situation where Rondo is not being guarded and the middle is clogged so he can't drive, the question becomes:  should Rondo start taking jumpers at that point?  I hope he hits.  But if he doesn't hit,....should Doc have Bradley and Ray in the game so that we have shooters and they have to play honest defense?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

no bc its a copy cat league so every team would do it and then what..we dont ever play Rondo? its just what you said, he needs to take the jumpers. thats the one thing that i DO get annoyed with, bc i believe he has a pretty good elbow jumper. i want him taking that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS :  No problem man, We all want RR to be the best at everything. Some of us on here are OLD enough to remember the JO JO white types that, left alone, would just drill it. Rondo is a very unique type of guard. More so than Cousy was I think too. When you've died rooting for this team for 50 years thru all the very good years and the bad ones it's like wanting your own kid to get better faster at everything. Heinson has seen them ALL and he thinks this is the final piece for RR to be one of the true greats. Maybe in my mind a little patience is in order. The kid is GREAT. I just want him greater. He will be
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]I can agree that when teams don't guard Rondo at all and won't let him drive, we have a problem.   But, that's a different situation than Petey was discussing, I thought.  I THOUGHT Petey was talking about Rondo driving and kicking and not being aggressive on taking it all the way to the basket. In the situation where Rondo is not being guarded and the middle is clogged so he can't drive, the question becomes:  should Rondo start taking jumpers at that point?  I hope he hits.  But if he doesn't hit,....should Doc have Bradley and Ray in the game so that we have shooters and they have to play honest defense?

That happens when the other team has a BIG frontcourt like, dare I say, the Lakers 2 yrs ago. I think doc's figured that out by going small at times and making those bigs TRY to run. But Ray IS key at those times. Hopefully we have Ray for the playoffs but that Bradley kid is finding his confidence too. Will he in the face of playoff battle remains to be seen though

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

You thought correctly.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : dont worry i havent forgotten what everyone was saying..outside of me, you, and the j997mgh (not his real name but i dont remember) and celtsfan, rondo was getting destroyed. i took mental notes.
    JDM894G!!!!!!  It's all good!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : JDM894G!!!!!!  It's all good!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

haha sorry man, i always try to remember your name but its such a random group of numbers its tough!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Today is 5th time Rajon Rondo played when Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce AND Ray Allen did not. Celtics are 4-1 in those games. from ESPN Stats and Info

We win at high % when Big 3 are out.
    We won at high % when Ray was out.
    We won at high % when Pietrus was out.
    We won at high % when Rondo was out.

Maybe we should play without any player ;-)
    Or we just play every game against the worst team in the history of the league the mighty dropcats.

Miami is 10-1 without Wade...Wade for Moore anyone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : We win at high % when Big 3 are out. We won at high % when Ray was out. We won at high % when Pietrus was out. We won at high % when Rondo was out. Maybe we should play without any player ;-) Or we just play every game against the worst team in the history of the league the mighty dropcats. Miami is 10-1 without Wade...Wade for Moore anyone?
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]no way, miami will have to throw in a #1 draft choice and wade will have to come off the bench like ray.. 20 minutes a night tops!
    at this point, AB's better with the higher ceiling!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]The best thing Miami could do is trade Lebron.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    au contaire, my friend. best they could do is trade DWAYNE WADE. they are much better with bron as the man and bosh as his clear robin. wade duplicattes james' game. if he must stay, wade has to be the starting PG.. all the time.. then again, bron is a better PG. the heat needs a pg that can hit outside shots (ramon sessions anyone) or a starting 2-guard who can do the same. after they lose again this season, the heat will be making that trade esp since they are way over the salary cap as the new CBA comes into play after next year!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

In response to "Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : Very unlikely we would lose the Atlantic at this point. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Uh oh! Another prediction? Probably just jinxed us...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]The best thing Miami could do is trade Lebron.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Best thinig Miami can do is get a coach with guts and plays plus a point guard to run them .....and make Lebron a small forward rather than a guy who tries to be a point guard!